Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox News post debate coverage

+7
Slicef18
VectorMan
Nekochan
Floridatexan
Sal
stormwatch89
boards of FL
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:04 am

PBulldog2 wrote:
Rogue wrote:I think the following comment about sums up what the strategy was here. Its in regards to allowing moderates a place to go, because there were some people who viewed anything republican as war mongers. Here ya go.

---

Mr. Harden is correct. It was Mr. Obama who had to close the sale in order to prove that he is not an “Empty Suit” taking up desk space in the Oval Office.
Mr. Romney played it perfectly. By not getting mired down in the Benghazi mud Gov. Romney can be assured that the Media would keep it front & center until Election Day.
Gov. Romney, with the help of Clint Eastwood’s “Empty Chair Speech”, has already sprung the “October Surprise” because his Teleprompter didn’t show up for the first debate – Classic Sun Tzu – Double –Envelopment.
“If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.” ― Sun Tzu
Mr. Obama by virtue of his arrogance is still unaware that he has been had.
Gov. Romney by not being too bellicose gave the Moderates a place to go to on November 6th. It is a matter of Sun Tzu’s basic axioms:
“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.” ― Sun Tzu
“Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.” ― Sun Tzu
Anyone just dropping in from Mars would have thought that Romney was the incumbent president.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
On November 7th let it be so.

Hmmmm......I wonder if Mr. Romney was aware of Sun Tzu's tactics prior to the first debate? It looks to me as if President Obama was quite aware, since he certainly gave Romney some outlets during that first debate. Too many, I thought. Our president did not present well during that first debate.

A debate is the perfect time to press a foe. I can't believe Romneyites are hiding behind Romney's failure to engage last night and calling it good. When President Obama did the very same thing during the first debate, Romneyites were calling our president weak. Cool

It either is or it ain't, but it cain't be both.

romney isnt the incumbent on this issue PB.

for your candidate its too little too late. Romney went after anti war moderates. He has beat obama on all the other task PB. Its a good thing for him to not blow it by strong war mongering rhetoric. sorry you dont see it that way.

I realize that everybody wanted a fist fight, but we already had the fist fights, this show was a final look at presidential material, and to see if he had knowledge and he does, even though obama has the advantage of actually being the CIC. He did well against that. kept his cool, made obama make an ass out of himself tossing out childish one liners. The kids will like that, its good for a laugh. But serious people will laugh, then realize we need a adult in office.

I like fist fights. However after studying this I realize it was strategy this time.

I think they done exactly what they wanted to do. They made romney look more anti war than obama. Youll see.

52Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:08 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Romney's performance was not at all like Obama's first debate performance.
I predict a continued surge for Romney. But polls don't always give an accurate account. Election day will be the decider.

Have you noticed my score,Neko? How did that happen? LOL!

You're in positive territory! You have an admirer..or 2 or 3...? Smile

53Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:10 am

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Romney's performance was not at all like Obama's first debate performance.
I predict a continued surge for Romney. But polls don't always give an accurate account. Election day will be the decider.

yes she does. Like most liberals she reeps the benefits of my hard work of pissing people off. Smile

54Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:13 am

Rogue wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

yes she does. Like most liberals she reeps the benefits of my hard work of pissing people off. Smile

I don't think it's work at all. It comes naturally to you. Of course, you don't attribute it to your silly views.

55Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:18 am

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:

Wow! Now that she is in the positive she can all of a sudden see her score! The whole time she was in the negative she kept telling Gondi that she couldnt see it and that it didnt matter anyway.......hmmmmm

56Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 12:11 pm

The BBC has an interesting take on the weak debate:

Mark Mardell, BBC North America editor - US President Barack Obama had the best lines, but perhaps Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney had the best night. Not in the sense that he won the debate - it was a draw if you have to judge these things that way. This final debate probably won't shift the opinion polls, but it saw a marked change in emphasis in Mr Romney's foreign policy... Read more from Mark
Kim Ghattas, BBC's US state department correspondent - Romney agreed often with the president, made sure he did not sound like he was going to take America into another war. Oddly enough, he criticised the president by attacking him from the left a few times. Maybe refreshing for voters, could sway some undecided who prefer Republican economic policies but were worried about electing a warmonger. But still unclear whether debate will change many minds..

57Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 12:19 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote: Oddly enough, he criticised the president by attacking him from the left a few times. Maybe refreshing for voters, could sway some undecided who prefer Republican economic policies but were worried about electing a warmonger. But still unclear whether debate will change many minds..

What is refreshing about seeing a guy morph his policies wildly simply to pander to the dimmest among us? Further, what is interesting about reading commentary that labels such practices as 'refreshing'?

What would be refreshing to me would be to read just one commentary that talks about the substance of the debate rather than "He looked aggressive" or "He looked presidential" or "He really changed emphasis tonight."

58Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 12:27 pm

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Wow! Now that she is in the positive she can all of a sudden see her score! The whole time she was in the negative she kept telling Gondi that she couldnt see it and that it didnt matter anyway.......hmmmmm

No, I never said that. I said I didn't look at it.MY, my how we love to make things up.

59Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 12:28 pm

[quote="boards of FL"]
nochain wrote:

What would be refreshing to me would be to read just one commentary that talks about the substance of the debate rather than "He looked aggressive" or "He looked presidential" or "He really changed emphasis tonight."

What would be truly "refreshing" is if the current President actually had even the basis of plan to show what he intends to do different if reelected. His same old act is rather stale and obviously is not getting the job done. I am not a prophet but I suspect that if reelected BHO won't change a thing and the economy will stay in it's current death spiral. Little spurts of improvement are inconsequential when the underlying problems remain.

Let the spin and deflection begin.

60Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 12:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:And how is the Obama economic plan working out for you? Job loss is at it's highest only out shadowed by the deficit.

Holy shit what planet are you on? Job loss is at its highest?

How do you define 'job loss'?

Defined as the millions of Americans that are unemployed or under-employed...Job gains under Obama do not equal the jobs that were lost.

61Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 12:54 pm

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

No, I never said that. I said I didn't look at it.MY, my how we love to make things up.

Riggghhhttt...and now all of a sudden you look at it......whatever

62Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 12:58 pm

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Riggghhhttt...and now all of a sudden you look at it......whatever

I just happened to notice the number. I don't pay any attention to it as it is insignificant to me but you seem to put some stock in it. LOL!

63Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 1:31 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:This is simply hilarious. Obama looked "angry" and "aggressive"!

He's angry that the game is up and he has less than three months to go in his current job.

He looked so completely presidential I was astonished. He is my President and will remain so for the next four years. I feel his love for this country.

They foolishly mistake kindness for weakness. He has proven he is not a weak man.

Instead of FOX News coverage....How about MSNBC's Chris Matthews saying that Romney supporters are fueled by racism towards [Name]COWH...No wonder MSNBC is in the toilet and after the election maybe they'll follw their fallen hero (politically) back to Chicago for a Wright...Ayers...Rezko Reunion....

64Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 1:40 pm

no stress

no stress

"I just happened to notice the number" -Dreams

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

65Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 2:33 pm

[quote="Joanimaroni"]
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Defined as the millions of Americans that are unemployed or under-employed...Job gains under Obama do not equal the jobs that were lost.

An inconvenient truth easily ignored by BHO worshiping sheeple.

66Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 2:49 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I think the inconvenient truth here is that we were shedding 800,000+ jobs per month when Obama was sworn in. Today we are adding jobs each month, and have added jobs for the last 20+ months to the tune of 5,000,000+ private sector jobs.

Job loss is no longer occurring, and in fact the exact opposite is the case. To talk today of record job loss is a good way to communicate to everyone that you are incredibly...incredibly...uninformed.

67Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 2:56 pm

boards of FL wrote:I think the inconvenient truth here is that we were shedding 800,000+ jobs per month when Obama was sworn in. Today we are adding jobs each month, and have added jobs for the last 20+ months to the tune of 5,000,000+ private sector jobs.

Job loss is no longer occurring, and in fact the exact opposite is the case. To talk today of record job loss is a good way to communicate to everyone that you are incredibly...incredibly...uninformed.

At the risk of showing you just how wrong you are since I realize you are never one to accept the fact you might be wrong, the numbers are skewed for a variety of reasons and no I am not interested in another of your infamous and endless back and forth efforts to spin data. If you would look at the big picture instead of just the numbers that appeal to your agenda then you would realize the error of your assumptions.

68Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 2:59 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:At the risk of showing you just how wrong you are since I realize you are never one to accept the fact you might be wrong, the numbers are skewed for a variety of reasons and no I am not interested in another of your infamous and endless back and forth efforts to spin data. If you would look at the big picture instead of just the numbers that appeal to your agenda then you would realize the error of your assumptions.

What part of my post do you disagree with?

69Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:08 pm

boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:At the risk of showing you just how wrong you are since I realize you are never one to accept the fact you might be wrong, the numbers are skewed for a variety of reasons and no I am not interested in another of your infamous and endless back and forth efforts to spin data. If you would look at the big picture instead of just the numbers that appeal to your agenda then you would realize the error of your assumptions.

What part of my post do you disagree with?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

70Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:10 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote: lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

So...nothing of substance to add here?

71Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:12 pm

boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote: lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

So...nothing of substance to add here?

Apparently you have nothing valid to offer except the same old cherry picked talking points. Have fun with it. TTFN.

72Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:30 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:Apparently you have nothing valid to offer except the same old cherry picked talking points. Have fun with it. TTFN.

I directly responded to both of you with factual information. Contrast this with your contributions which typically are animated smilies. Let's look at what I said.

We were losing 800,000+ private sector jobs per month when Obama took office:

(#s in thousands)

Private sector jobs 12/2008 - 134379
Private sector jobs 01/2009 - 133561

Job loss between 01/2009 and December 2008 - -818

I then said that we have added jobs for at least 20+ consecutive months. The last time we actually lost jobs in a month was September 2010. This represents 24 consecutive months of job growth. That is, 2 years of consecutive job growth.

I then said we added 5,000,000+ private sector jobs. Now that I go back and pull the data, it appears that I misspoke there. At the bottom of the recovery, there were (in thousands) 129,244 non-farm private sector jobs. The last employment situation report states 133,500 non-farm private sector jobs, so we have added roughly 4.3 million private sector jobs since bottoming out. I actually should have simply said "jobs" as opposed to "private sector jobs". There have been 5.006 million jobs added to the economy since the job market bottomed out in December 2009.

All of these numbers are available at the Bureau of Labor and statistics:
http://www.bls.gov/ces/cesbtabs.htm

Now, nochain, I will go ahead and pre-emptively post your response to save you the time:

nochain - "Dude, you're like, posting facts and stuff that, like, support what you are saying. That is like, cherrypicking or something. Here, these animated smilies counter what you just said Embarassed Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Mad Laughing Shocked "

73Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:45 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

If you see more than three emoticons in a row then you know you've been bested...might as well apologize for living and shut your computer down for the day.

If you disagree with me then.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! flower

Boom....I win!

74Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:45 pm

boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:Apparently you have nothing valid to offer except the same old cherry picked talking points. Have fun with it. TTFN.

I directly responded to both of you with factual information. Contrast this with your contributions which typically are animated smilies. Let's look at what I said.

We were losing 800,000+ private sector jobs per month when Obama took office:

(#s in thousands)

Private sector jobs 12/2008 - 134379
Private sector jobs 01/2009 - 133561

Job loss between 01/2009 and December 2008 - -818

I then said that we have added jobs for at least 20+ consecutive months. The last time we actually lost jobs in a month was September 2010. This represents 24 consecutive months of job growth. That is, 2 years of consecutive job growth.

I then said we added 5,000,000+ private sector jobs. Now that I go back and pull the data, it appears that I misspoke there. At the bottom of the recovery, there were (in thousands) 129,244 non-farm private sector jobs. The last employment situation report states 133,500 non-farm private sector jobs, so we have added roughly 4.3 million private sector jobs since bottoming out. I actually should have simply said "jobs" as opposed to "private sector jobs". There have been 5.006 million jobs added to the economy since the job market bottomed out in December 2009.

All of these numbers are available at the Bureau of Labor and statistics:
http://www.bls.gov/ces/cesbtabs.htm

Now, nochain, I will go ahead and pre-emptively post your response to save you the time:

nochain - "Dude, you're like, posting facts and stuff that, like, support what you are saying. That is like, cherrypicking or something. Here, these animated smilies counter what you just said Embarassed Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Mad Laughing Shocked "

You still haven't quite gotten there have you?

"A tiny, routine revision in some jobs data could have a big political payoff for President Obama.

The Labor Department on Thursday morning quietly released a new benchmark for payroll employment in the U.S. It turns out that with the revision, there has been net job growth -- not much, but more than nothing -- during Obama's first term.

According to the revision, total non-farm payrolls stood at 133.686 million jobs in August, up from 133.561 million in January 2009, when Obama's first term began. Before the revision, payrolls were at 133.300 million in August.

In other words, 125,000 jobs have been created, in total, during Obama's first term, compared with a prior estimate of a loss of 261,000."

Sorry to disappoint you.

75Fox News post debate coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:53 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

You should read board's post again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum