Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tropical storm Debby

+4
catfriedlegs
PBulldog2
no stress
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Tropical storm Debby - Page 3 Empty Re: Tropical storm Debby 6/25/2012, 9:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote: this Honda generator is whisper quiet and sips fuel.
Is it like this one...

http://www.hayesequipment.com/eu3000is.htm[url][/url][url][/url]

I bought that one the day after Ivan because I was gambling on State Farm reimbursing my mother for it since she was on oxygen. And the gamble paid off cause they reimbursed her the whole amount.
It is by far and away the finest piece of power equipment I have ever owned. It runs like a swiss watch and always starts on the first pull (the starter battery died and I don't really care) and is so quiet that it cannot even be heard inside the house.

52Tropical storm Debby - Page 3 Empty Re: Tropical storm Debby 6/25/2012, 10:12 am

I lost both of my generators last week in the rain event. Plus a chest of power tools. I might be able to save one of the gens. I will take it apart and see how damaged it is. C oats says it dosent hurt things to dunk them in water. LOL All is good. Laughing

53Tropical storm Debby - Page 3 Empty Re: Tropical storm Debby 6/25/2012, 10:36 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:I lost both of my generators last week in the rain event. Plus a chest of power tools. I might be able to save one of the gens. I will take it apart and see how damaged it is. C oats says it dosent hurt things to dunk them in water. LOL All is good. Laughing

Not so sure that I agree with that statement. I had a car that was completely written off because of a flood when the rising waters breached the engine.

54Tropical storm Debby - Page 3 Empty Re: Tropical storm Debby 6/25/2012, 10:54 am

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:I lost both of my generators last week in the rain event. Plus a chest of power tools. I might be able to save one of the gens. I will take it apart and see how damaged it is. C oats says it dosent hurt things to dunk them in water. LOL All is good. Laughing

Not so sure that I agree with that statement. I had a car that was completely written off because of a flood when the rising waters breached the engine.
I dont either. Maybe I can sell him my Generators and power tools

55Tropical storm Debby - Page 3 Empty Re: Tropical storm Debby 6/25/2012, 11:30 am

He was refering to a 190 Bobcat skidsteer that got flooded.

Bright blue skies this morning. High winds.

56Tropical storm Debby - Page 3 Empty Re: Tropical storm Debby 6/25/2012, 1:04 pm

Bob, I had one of those 3,000 watters, but it was too heavy to lug around. I see that the new ones are much lighter. I sold my 3,000 watter and bought a 2,000 watter. It was almost 100 pounds lighter! Your 3,000-watter us quieter than my 2,000 watter.

When I had that 3,000 watter, I started it up in our driveway, took two steps away and the natural gas whole-house Generac from two houses away was louder. No shit!

Bob, before I sold my 3,000-watter, I replaced the battery. It wasn't hard.
--------------------

Hallmarkgrad, I put my daddy's marina fork lift so far into the water you could only see the tops of the hydraulic riser. Our mechanic got it running within a couple of hours. When the wrecker came to pull it out, I swam down and hooked the cable to the fork lift. My dad then said "You rode it in. You're riding it out." I swam down to the seat, held my breath and rode the damn thing out. (It wasn't a good time to argue about NOT riding it out.)

57Tropical storm Debby - Page 3 Empty Re: Tropical storm Debby 6/25/2012, 1:46 pm

catfriedlegs

This has turned into "Tool Talk." LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum