Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats are playing checkers, and Republicans are playing chess

+3
Telstar
PkrBum
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PkrBum

PkrBum

"evil" takes planning... you're just a triggered little snowflake. Take a few deep breaths and get it together.

Deus X

Deus X

Democrats are playing checkers, and Republicans are playing chess - Page 2 Eabuztn

2seaoat

Just as I predicted....The Democrats caved. Trump got everything he wanted plus the joy of the guy who stole the supreme court seat sticking it to them one more time......fool me once......

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Just as I predicted....The Democrats caved. Trump got everything he wanted plus the joy of the guy who stole the supreme court seat sticking it to them one more time......fool me once......

Just like you, Trump will declare victory no matter who actually won.

The fact of the matter is that the Democrats now have a firm commitment from McConnell to do something about DACA legislatively by Feb. 8, regardless of what Trump and/or his anti-immigration advisors want, and that commitment was made on the Senate floor, before the whole world -- something that NEVER would've happened were it not for the pressure of the shutdown. If he and/or the Congressional Republicans now fail to negotiate on that issue in good faith, we'll see who looks like chit in the eyes of the American people.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Bs... trump already met the congressional leaders and said he would sign what they passed.

The shutdown accomplished nothing... zip zero nada. Just a political stunt for useful idiots.

Deus X

Deus X

Democrats are playing checkers, and Republicans are playing chess - Page 2 Eabuztn

2seaoat

The fact of the matter is that the Democrats now have a firm commitment from McConnell to do something about DACA legislatively by Feb. 8, regardless of what Trump

Another checker player. Well how do you think legislation becomes law? Is it just the Senate signing the bill? Duh, double Duh....the House is licking their lips waiting to destroy the Senate Bill. It is not like this is something new. You see the Senate already passed a comprehensive immigration reform with the gang of eight, yet the House killed the bill. So you are declaring a firm commitment as a victory........You proved the essence of my argument.....checker players.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:The fact of the matter is that the Democrats now have a firm commitment from McConnell to do something about DACA legislatively by Feb. 8, regardless of what Trump

Another checker player.  Well how do you think legislation becomes law?  Is it just the Senate signing the bill?   Duh, double Duh....the House is licking their lips waiting to destroy the Senate Bill.  It is not like this is something new.  You see the Senate already passed a comprehensive immigration reform with the gang of eight, yet the House killed the bill.  So you are declaring a firm commitment as a victory........You proved the essence of my argument.....checker players.

And you have entirely missed the point of the play in all its subtleties. Whether it's McConnell failing to honor his agreement OR the Republican House refusing to approve any new Senate bill on immigration/DACA, it still accrues to the Dems' favor in demonstrating the absolute pig-headedness of the Repubs. Remember: a path to citizenship for the Dreamers is FAVORED by the VAST MAJORITY of Americans of both parties. If this doesn't get done, it will be crystal clear whose fault it is, and they will be the LOSERS. Mark my words, sir.

2seaoat

About 4 in 10 people, or 39 percent, think Democrats in Congress are responsible for the shutdown,

Brilliant democratic strategy. Where is the leadership. Evil cannot be defeated by such collective incompetence.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:About 4 in 10 people, or 39 percent, think Democrats in Congress are responsible for the shutdown,

Brilliant democratic strategy.  Where is the leadership.  Evil cannot be defeated by such collective incompetence.

I'll take the Democrats' side, because they represent my values. You can keep your corrupt cabal of power hungry miscreants.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:About 4 in 10 people, or 39 percent, think Democrats in Congress are responsible for the shutdown,

Brilliant democratic strategy.  Where is the leadership.  Evil cannot be defeated by such collective incompetence.

I'll take the Democrats' side, because they represent my values.  You can keep your corrupt cabal of power hungry miscreants.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455696/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-emails-key-decision-not-indict-hillary

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I'll take the Democrats' side, because they represent my values.  You can keep your corrupt cabal of power hungry miscreants.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455696/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-emails-key-decision-not-indict-hillary

The author of this article is a right-wing extremist who writes the "counter jihad report"...hardly a credible source.

https://counterjihadreport.com/category/andrew-c-mccarthy/

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

The author of this article is a right-wing extremist who writes the "counter jihad report"...hardly a credible source.

https://counterjihadreport.com/category/andrew-c-mccarthy/

Lol... I laugh every time you do that. The article is fact based/referenced... it's not an opinion piece.

Deus X

Deus X

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum