Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers

+2
knothead
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I have been listening to meghan Kelley interview guests tonight on her Fox program. I cannot believe as smart as she is she can believe half of what she is saying tonight. I listened to Krauthammer and it is utter glee that they think Obamacare is failing. It is not.

We are one year to an election. This is the opportune time for the President to have made this play. A year from now people are going to be saying......what problem. Is this the beginning of the end of Obamacare is the topic.......healthy people will stay away, and there will be a death spiral and the whole program crashes. Get those young and healthy people in the pool.....really Meghan.......pure checkers.

What president Obama did today was planned and it was brilliant. The discussion is going to be shifting to insurance pricing. Meghan is saying who is going to make up the loses to the insurance companies......really....you do not know what he has just done. What do you think the discussion will be the next year. Insurance regulation.

California's auto insurance regulation has save 103 BILLION dollars over other states rates since implementation. Every state is starting the discussion, and it is political genius what has just been accomplished.....Meghan worried about insurance company profits......pure brilliance, and not an election for a year......next year.....what problems......but you know those insurance companies have screwed us........checkmate.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I have been listening to meghan Kelley interview guests tonight on her Fox program.   I cannot believe as smart as she is she can believe half of what she is saying tonight.   I listened to Krauthammer and it is utter glee that they think Obamacare is failing.  It is not.  

We are one year to an election.   This is the opportune time for the President to have made this play.   A year from now people are going to be saying......what problem.  Is this the beginning of the end of Obamacare is the topic.......healthy people will stay away, and there will be a death spiral and the whole program crashes.  Get those young and healthy people in the pool.....really Meghan.......pure checkers.

What president Obama did today was planned and it was brilliant.  The discussion is going to be shifting to insurance pricing.  Meghan is saying who is going to make up the loses to the insurance companies......really....you do not know what he has just done.  What do you think the discussion will be the next year.   Insurance regulation.

California's auto insurance regulation has save 103 BILLION dollars over other states rates since implementation.  Every state is starting the discussion, and it is political genius what has just been accomplished.....Meghan worried about insurance company profits......pure brilliance, and not an election for a year......next year.....what problems......but you know those insurance companies have screwed us........checkmate.
I missed the megan program since my wife is in control with her Netflix obsession but I wish I had seen it. Your analysis is interesting, in fact, very interesting . . . . the insurance companies have become the nemesis of the medical profession as well as the consumer(s) so it is well past time to rein in their power over 1/6th of our economy to bring equanimity into the equation. There must be balance and fairness for the consumers as well as for the practitioners . . .

Sal

Sal

You're fucking crazy. 

This rollout has been disastrous. 

The administration has lost control of the narrative. 

It's not good. 

2seaoat

What is happening right now is not a mistake. This was planned. The talk on Hannity is critics of Obamacare have to defend the poor insurance companies. Michelle Bachman is doing an analysis which is pure checkers and does not understand the elections are a year away......he has drawn people out of the weeds thinking that there is any downside right now.....there is none......and a year from now people will be scratching their heads and saying...what train wreck.

This is all about getting insurance regulation. Once that debate starts people are going to say why should we be spending trillions on the middleman. The talking heads are playing right into the plan. They keep talking about collapse.....they do not get it.....the insurance companies are making record profits....and they are making an alliance with the Devil.....again...pure brilliance, and it is almost sad to watch Hannity spitting and spinning as he just does not know how utterly checkered the president just made him.

A long year from now......folks are going to know the real numbers of their plans......and they are not going to buy into this hysteria which has been orchastrated.....not by a awful right wing conspiracy......just by the smartest person in the room....so out of the weeds they come......defending junk insurance and high rates.......it will be a massacre in 2014. I just love the checker analysis however........it is priceless.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I have been listening to meghan Kelley interview guests tonight on her Fox program.   I cannot believe as smart as she is she can believe half of what she is saying tonight.   I listened to Krauthammer and it is utter glee that they think Obamacare is failing.  It is not.  

We are one year to an election.   This is the opportune time for the President to have made this play.   A year from now people are going to be saying......what problem.  Is this the beginning of the end of Obamacare is the topic.......healthy people will stay away, and there will be a death spiral and the whole program crashes.  Get those young and healthy people in the pool.....really Meghan.......pure checkers.

What president Obama did today was planned and it was brilliant.  The discussion is going to be shifting to insurance pricing.  Meghan is saying who is going to make up the loses to the insurance companies......really....you do not know what he has just done.  What do you think the discussion will be the next year.   Insurance regulation.

California's auto insurance regulation has save 103 BILLION dollars over other states rates since implementation.  Every state is starting the discussion, and it is political genius what has just been accomplished.....Meghan worried about insurance company profits......pure brilliance, and not an election for a year......next year.....what problems......but you know those insurance companies have screwed us........checkmate.
President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers Hamlet_quote_t_shirt-p2359314148773-1

For you to say that California auto insurance regulations has saved a dime over other states is just as ludicrous as you other posts. Different states have different requirements and I can buy insurance from companies in California or Alaska if I wish.

2seaoat

You are not paying attention. He is going to be making speeches in states with non regulated insurance and I heard on the radio tonight on the Norman Goldman radio show from some consumer advocacy groups which has planned this initiative. They were talking about how much California has saved in the area of 103 billion from overbilling in auto insurance, and that they are talking about Obama doing a state specific campaign on insurance regulation in the early spring. These are all well defined steps to the Presidents clear preference for single payer. You think this is pure accident. I thought it was utter incompetence. It is not. It is not a priority to have this transition go too smoothly.....to do so would guarantee the need for the insurance middle man. Who do you think is now on the hot seat with the actuarial tables set for the large input of new customers......Insurance companies, and do you think they are happy with this slight of hand today. No, they thought they had a chump. Sorry, the American public is talking rates and substantive policy. They are seeing the profits, and President Obama knows that he has a full year to the next election.....that is the key.......and that is exactly what was being talked about on the radio......a year from now when it matters....people will be saying what problem, but they will know they are getting ripped off by the insurance industry......checkers vs chess.

The new patient mix will tell the tale. The rollout is just another example of bureaucratic ineptitude that is the central govt.

One will be forgotten... the other will have long running consequences.

2seaoat

For you to say that California auto insurance regulations has saved a dime over other states is just as ludicrous as you other posts. Different states have different requirements and I can buy insurance from companies in California or Alaska if I wish.

Do you really not understand that at the state level insurance commissioners can limit rates in Auto insurance. Do you understand that in California they passed the initiative and everybody said that the insurance companies would flee.......they did not. According to the spokesman from California they have saved their consumers in California 103 billion since the roll out of the rate regulation. Sorry, a year from an election and this stumbling around seemed to me to be totally about incompetence. I now believe that the stumbling is not without purpose. The President wants single payer. Insurers can extend.........what do you think is going to happen?.....the insurance companies just became the fall guy and he will hit the road talking about the same. Guarantee that this is a rope a dope in part. I have no doubt that there is incompetency. However, from this the focus is now on insurance rates and policy substance. When state initiatives start, it will be interesting. They are talking about getting insurance companies out of 80% of health insurance and getting them into gun liability insurance. Tax on bullets to pay for the 10 billion of healthcare costs caused by bullets.......people are not paying attention where this is going. It is not checkers. rope a dope, as Bill asks his audience....is Obamacare on the ropes.

Sal wrote:You're fucking crazy. 

This rollout has been disastrous. 

It's not good. 
Wow.....prolific

2seaoat

Kelly on Bill's show just said Obama effectively ended Obamacare today. I just smile at the checker players. The websites will improve. As they did in Vermont, they went to phone and paper application, but in six months people will have the transparency and comparison. However, the anger Bob has shown with his policy......well some think there is a percentage in defending the poor insurance companies against reform.....it is a losing political strategy, and that my friends is the game. It took awhile, but again, the president is playing 3d chess.........simply fricking brilliant a year out from any consequence in regard to an election, he is now going to be taking on the insurance companies. Rham cut the deal with big Pharm, and the insurance companies were getting this warm and fuzzy feeling about this president as he promised to deliver 10 million new customers, and they cooperated like wolves having the shepard deliver the sheep, but today the president just doublecrossed the insurance industry, and many believe is the first step in a out and out war against the same at the state level, as they argue insurance rate control........and by golly with the focus on the same, you can be like meghan kelly talking about the poor insurance companies.....yep....brilliant. This is Chicago politics at its best. I am impressed. Yes, there is incompetency.....no doubt. Ali was tired in when he was on the ropes.........no doubt......just not quite that tired.

President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers 9k=

It's all damage control and they're losing the battle at this point.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjTuAV036yY

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 11/15/2013, 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total

2seaoat

It has only been eight weeks since his last rope a dope......by the way.....where are those bombs.

When you underestimate your opponent, you lose.

There is no political consequence for one full year.......why did this roll out now? Why not in August 2012? Do you think any of this was pure chance or do suspect that some of this was planned?

2seaoat

It's all damage control and it's losing the battle at this point.

I would agree that damage control is part of it because there was real incompetence in this roll out, but the whole debate about the cancellations was planned and is bringing folks out of the weeds, and the political genius is that some will be left with defending insurance companies when folks are seeing the arbitrary pricing policies and obscene profits which have been made by the insurance companies........the middle man is about to be identified.......the elimination of the middle is the war.........you think they are losing the battle.....you are not paying attention.

There is no downside to the incompetence, because this was planned for the dead zone.....that period between election cycles. It however allows the build up to the war strategic goal.......elimination of insurance companies for most of the health care system, and that will be the red hot debate late next summer.

President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

There's a term they use in the service... KISS.

Do you know what it means?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile 

2seaoat

Simple is what simple does......President Obama is going after insurance companies in the mid term..........it does not get any more simple. He is keeping it simple. No election downside to create this anxiety in regard to health insurance, and a year to get the fix.....but that anxious feeling is going to be tapped.

President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

I think you have to much confidence in him.

The ineptness of the website implementation and the anger that has been generated by people who have lost their policies or have family that have lost their policies will not be forgotten by this next fall.

The two thousand pages which are now over 33,000 pages of unread legislation is anything but simple. The mere fact that your... 'technologically astute' personalities have been doing damage control for a few months now, and it's getting worse, only shows the public that this plan is a failure.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

2seaoat

The ineptness of the website implementation and the anger that has been generated by people who have lost their policies or have family that have lost their policies will not be forgotten by this next fall.

By next summer the numbers on the savings will far out weigh the horror of short term fantasy. I listened on the radio repeated challenges to people who have been on the tv saying they got screwed. In some cases the people are completely wrong. When researchers went and got plans that were actually lower than what they had.....time after time, but yes, there are people who are paying more and the 3-5% are not going to swing an election. Quite the contrary. There are a lot of Republicans with preexisting conditions, who in the privacy of the voting booth are not going to take a chance that supporting people who are promoting destruction of that same coverage. There are millions of people who have seen the out of control health care premiums and insurance profits, and are they going to support those who feel sorry for insurance companies.......the chess players have just set up a checkmate move.

President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers Z

President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVVrs-4wKCWPtfY7rJVVkpYPsYDAhO6RHtdwRai_lqJixv0zGA

Stress leaves it's calling card for all to read.

It's all damage control at this point.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

Smile

2seaoat wrote:The ineptness of the website implementation and the anger that has been generated by people who have lost their policies or have family that have lost their policies will not be forgotten by this next fall.

By next summer the numbers on the savings will far out weigh the horror of short term fantasy.  I listened on the radio repeated challenges to people who have been on the tv saying they got screwed.  In some cases the people are completely wrong.   When researchers went and got plans that were actually lower than what they had.....time after time, but yes, there are people who are paying more and the 3-5% are not going to swing an election.  Quite the contrary.   There are a lot of Republicans with preexisting conditions, who in the privacy of the voting booth are not going to take a chance that supporting people who are promoting destruction of that same coverage.  There are millions of people who have seen the out of control health care premiums and insurance profits, and are they going to support those who feel sorry for insurance companies.......the chess players have just set up a checkmate move.
President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers 2Q==

You keep telling yourself that.

He wouldn't be backtracking on the cancellations of what you liberals are calling substandard policies if this wasn't all damage control. The mere fact that the liberals on these forums are making so many excuses and attempted revisions to what is being done, and has been done, is telling too.

I expect to see his hair get a lot grayer in the next few months.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Sal

Sal

I thought about this a lot last night, and dammit Mr. Oats, you're right again.

The system is not so much designed to fail as it is impossible for it to succeed due to the insurance companies' insatiable greed.

The President will continue to put the onus on the industry to fix the problems that inevitably will arise, until it becomes clear to everyone that the industry is the problem.

Meanwhile, enough otherwise uninsurable people will have enrolled that it will be impossible to rollback.

And the only alternative when the industry fucks it up sufficiently is Medicare for All.

The Republicans continue to fight battles, but the war in won.

I see it now.

2seaoat

I am sure that the roll out was a complete miscue, but in years two and three I know the strategy was to point to the insurance companies. The goal is single payer but with the SNAFU launch the three year strategy has been expedited. According to the radio consumer organization President Obama is going State to State to talk about the evil insurance companies and insurance controls at state level as a lead up to the fall elections. The timing on this may be screwed up, but the strategy has not changed. People have one thing on their mind.....how much they are forced to pay, and the President has cleverly made those who attack him by design have to defend private insurance. He is playing chess. Meghan last night was playing checkers on Fox, again underestimating an opponent is never a wise thing to do.

2seaoat wrote:I am sure that the roll out was a complete miscue, but in years two and three I know the strategy was to point to the insurance companies. The goal is single payer but with the SNAFU launch the three year strategy has been expedited. According to the radio consumer organization President Obama is going State to State to talk about the evil insurance companies and insurance controls at state level as a lead up to the fall elections. The timing on this may be screwed up, but the strategy has not changed. People have one thing on their mind.....how much they are forced to pay, and the President has cleverly made those who attack him by design have to defend private insurance. He is playing chess. Meghan last night was playing checkers on Fox, again underestimating an opponent is never a wise thing to do.
Yep BLAME everyone else, not the real culprit, the CINC.

2seaoat

There is no reason to blame anybody yet for your perceived lost game. We are in the first inning, and the superior team has made fielding errors, and failed to get a hit in the first inning. People are crying that the game is over and how awful the team played. The game is 9 innings. When we have three cycles with penalties. I will have that discussion as to who is winning the game. However, the fact that the game is even happening is a win for the better team........the other team tried turning the lights out, and flattening the team bus tires, but the fat lady just sang the national anthem and we are in the first inning...........talk to me at the stretch.

Markle

Markle

The White House and President Barack Hussein Obama have admitted that ObamaCare is a total disaster.  President Obama is still writing law from the Oval Office which is not his job.  He is today a lame duck.

It seems that there are two rabid Democrats still supporting ObamaCare, in spite of the fact that even President Obama and other leading Democrats have called it a train wreck.

That would be 2seaoat and

President Obama is playing 3d chess, while some still see a game of checkers Pelosi

They have both committed so much to this boondoggle that they just cannot accept defeat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum