Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats are playing checkers, and Republicans are playing chess

+3
Telstar
PkrBum
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

It is hilarious. I mean, I am so tired of the arrogance of the Democratic Party. If government is important in helping people, then the traditional position of Democrats has been to keep government open to help citizens. A common sense and moral position which they took as Republicans tried to shut down government in the nineties and in 2013

So the Republicans go....you know we can simply stop funding children health care, and kick a bunch of kids out of the only country they know, and the Democrats will immediately fight the same. So on Vice News tonight they contract with Frank Lund to do a group of Trump voters as to what has happened, and they are more excited about Trump and the Republicans. They blame the Democrats for caring more for illegal aliens than funding our troops. I get the Democrats taking a moral hard line. I would do the same exact thing, but I would be playing checkers. Trump and Republicans do not give a rat's tail about children or immigrants, they care about stealing more wealth from America. So this entire exercise is not going to end well for the Democrats. They have been ambushed, and all the Republicans moaning woe is me the government is shutting down, are smiling like the farmer let the fox guard the chickens.....they needed this shutdown. They accomplished it with Democrat complicity and shared blame, while the Republicans will now selectively fund and further hurt people.......The Democrats like General Custer and MSNBC news have charged right into the ambush and are too stupid to see four moves ahead. Marching in the streets, hell.......I am convinced there is no Democrat smart enough to beat these fascist.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Except the pubs will not close open air monuments and parks and make it as painful as possible. That alone should tell you something... unless you're playing checkers with chess pieces and calling it chess.

Which I highly suspect.

Telstar

Telstar

Democrats are playing checkers, and Republicans are playing chess Pkr_bu17

2seaoat

The Republicans are just seeking raw power. Like the democracy of America is a truth that they can simply sidestep to consolidate wealth and power. The Democrats care about the least among us which is a good christian ethic, but when dealing with those who want to reinstate a feudal state, not so smart.

I do not see anything good which comes from a government shut down. The Lund focus group showed the animosity of Trump voters toward the media, and ninety percent of those in the group use fox as their only news source. Therein lies the problem. The two propaganda channels profit by creating hateful responses from those who watch their networks, yet the ability to seek middle ground and compromise the foundation of a democracy is nearing a critical impasse. The hate the focus group had based on race was an eye opener. President Trump appears to have caused every American who was a babyboomer or older to think they were losing their white culture.....one after the other said the same thing that these illegals and others were taking their culture away, so the chess players now have instilled that the whole idea of taking care of kids and being christian about children brought here illegally is more important than they are. Brilliant. The business sector knows that they need immigration to not have the population flat line and slow gdp.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The Republicans are just seeking raw power.  Like the democracy of America is a truth that they can simply sidestep to consolidate wealth and power.  The Democrats care about the least among us which is a good christian ethic, but when dealing with those who want to reinstate a feudal state, not so smart.

I do not see anything good which comes from a government shut down.  The Lund focus group showed the animosity of Trump voters toward the media, and ninety percent of those in the group use fox as their only news source.  Therein lies the problem.  The two propaganda channels profit by creating hateful responses from those who watch their networks, yet the ability to seek middle ground and compromise the foundation of a democracy is nearing a critical impasse.   The hate the focus group had based on race was an eye opener.  President Trump appears to have caused every American who was a babyboomer or older to think they were losing their white culture.....one after the other said the same thing that these illegals and others were taking their culture away, so the chess players now have instilled that the whole idea of taking care of kids and being christian about children brought here illegally is more important than they are.  Brilliant.  The business sector knows that they need immigration to not have the population flat line and slow gdp.

You and your Machiavellian BULL CACA.  Republicans OWN this shutdown, made even more ridiculous by the ORANGE BABOON.

PkrBum

PkrBum

What do you disagree with in the resolution that was passed by the house?

Deus X

Deus X

Democrats are playing checkers, and Republicans are playing chess Eabuztn

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:  Republicans OWN this shutdown...

And the Republicans blame the Democrats. Why do you think it's ALL one side and not the other? It might be MORE one side than the other but they BOTH have a part in this.

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:

And the Republicans blame the Democrats. Why do you think it's ALL one side and not the other? It might be MORE one side than the other but they BOTH have a part in this.

And let's not forget the significant responsibility that lies with Trump, whose backpedaling under pressure from the anti-immigration faction derailed a couple of decent compromises and ended up leaving the Senate Republican leadership entirely unsure of what he really wanted/what he would eventually sign, or not. Yes, the Dems have some responsibility -- if only because they knew damned well this was the ONLY chance they'd have to own enough power to force a DACA agreement -- but Schumer had it right to lay most of the blame for this mess at Trump's feet. ZERO leadership, just a blond mop blowing in the wind, who obviously has no friggin' idea what he's doing -- the Peter Principle magnified times a thousand.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
Deus X wrote:

And let's not forget the significant responsibility that lies with Trump, whose backpedaling under pressure from the anti-immigration faction derailed a couple of decent compromises and ended up leaving the Senate Republican leadership entirely unsure of what he really wanted/what he would eventually sign, or not.  Yes, the Dems have some responsibility -- if only because they knew damned well this was the ONLY chance they'd have to own enough power to force a DACA agreement -- but Schumer had it right to lay most of the blame for this mess at Trump's feet.  ZERO leadership, just a blond mop blowing in the wind, who obviously has no friggin' idea what he's doing -- the Peter Principle magnified times a thousand.

What exactly were the Democrats supposed to do?  CHIP should have been funded 3 months ago...the repercussions are already causing havoc in the states.  It's completely shameful that McConnell & Ryan decided to delay that measure to allow them to leverage it in the budget bill.  

And Claire McCaskill requested that military families be exempted from the shutdown...which President Obama did in 2013.  BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...McConnell refused.  So there it is.  Republican "leadership" is devoid of morality.

https://shareblue.com/watch-mitch-mcconnell-kill-effort-to-protect-military-pay-as-gop-pushed-for-shutdown/

2seaoat

Just like they stole a Supreme Court Seat.....The Republicans are playing chess, and the Democrats think that blaming the Republicans is the awful thing.....wtf. how naive do we think the American people are.....the Republicans got what they wanted......government being dismantled, and all they have to do is wait, which they win waiting, but the best part.....the one thing you can count on.....the Democrats will fold.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:the one thing you can count on.....the Democrats will fold.

Which explains... oh, let's see:

Social Security
NLRB
Medicare
Medicaid
Minimum wage
Civil rights act
Voting rights act
Marshall plan
G.I. Bill
NATO
The New Deal!
Federal Reserve system
FDIC
TVA

and so on.

2seaoat

You need a tutorial on history. The Dixiecrats were democrats before they migrated to the Republican Party and F'd it up. Your list is a belly laugh. Shutting down government and then claiming your list shows Democratic grit to win this confrontation. Here is how it is going to go down. The Republicans will hold firm, and in March they will begin deporting kids who only know America. The base will be thrilled, and all other thinking and caring human beings will be appalled, but the Republicans will get everything they want because the Democrats did not have a strategy beyond one move. The longer the government is shut down, the more discretion Trump will have to be selective on what he destroys in government programs which help American citizens, but drain money from the oligarchy......the gift wrapped tax plan was not enough to feed their insatiable greed. The only leader in the Democratic Party in Congress who has a whit of sense is Dick Durbin.

2seaoat

Sadly, the only real threat to Republicans is that historically shut downs have adversely impacted the economy and GDP growth which included a 5% adjustment of the stock market. Trump's main tenet has been economic growth and job growth. Shut downs are not good for his agenda, and prior to November nothing would be better for Democrats than slowed economic growth and higher unemployment going into the November mid terms.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Just like they stole a Supreme Court Seat.....The Republicans are playing chess, and the Democrats think that blaming the Republicans is the awful thing.....wtf. how naive do we think the American people are.....the Republicans got what they wanted......government being dismantled, and all they have to do is wait, which they win waiting, but the best part.....the one thing you can count on.....the Democrats will fold.

This is not a poker game, Seaoat. Lives hang in the balance. You should be ashamed of allying with this bunch of craven aholes, but instead you credit them with some kind of toughness or superior strategy. I just saw something my husband was watching...likening this impasse to a schoolyard bully blaming you for making him punch you in the face as he steals your lunch money. It is sickening. And Drumpf scuttled any "deal". "Believe me".

PkrBum

PkrBum

There's no need for subterfuge... it is what it is. The left doesn't oppose anything in the bill.

The shut down is just a political maneuver gone wrong. I'd bet it's over before mid week.

Telstar

Telstar

Democrats are playing checkers, and Republicans are playing chess Pkr_bu18

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:There's no need for subterfuge... it is what it is. The left doesn't oppose anything in the bill.

The shut down is just a political maneuver gone wrong. I'd bet it's over before mid week.

That's not true, and you know it. Do you really think Democrats want to build a wall on the Mexican border?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:What do you disagree with in the resolution that was passed by the house?

For one thing, it's not an omnibus spending bill but another 30-day CR...4 in a row. That in itself is BULLSHIT.

RealLindaL

See following. Was not able to delete this non-message for some reason.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 1/21/2018, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What do you disagree with in the resolution that was passed by the house?

For one thing, it's not an omnibus spending bill but another 30-day CR...4 in a row. That in itself is BULLSHIT.  

This much is true.   That there's funding for a border wall in the CR is not the case, as I understand it.   That, in fact, was offered to Trump by Schumer as a compromise during their White House meeting but no, Trump has still held fast to no deal, wall or no wall.  

So as I see it there are two reasons for the Dems to hold fast:  one, as FT points out, this is just another CR and we'd be back in the same boat fast, and two (actually number one), as I indicated above and as is crystal clear, this is the only chance to ensure a DACA agreement.  I don't for one millisecond believe the Repubs who so lightly say they could negotiate on DACA afterwards, that we have until March.   THAT is bullshit -- with no leverage on the Dems' part, DACA would be dead in a heartbeat, thanks to bigot Trump and his far right wing anti-immigration flunkies.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 1/22/2018, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

I am waiting for a leader from the Democrats. It is a wait which will disappoint. I am appalled that fascist have taken over our government. The banksters and wall street stole America's wealth, as much as 17 trillion dollars, and the Republicans under Bush could not wait to bail out without congressional hearings, and not one prosecution for the theft. President Obama ignited hatred for the black man, Mexican, and Muslim, and you think it is not a poker game. There are probabilities and likely outcomes. All the hope and change feel good stuff, did not address the theft or the deficit which required an increase in the top brackets, but instead the Republicans who are working with a strategy, just delivered about what is left of our country in tax cuts and a growing deficit which eventually will crash this nation as we pour our resources into war and subsidy for the rich.......and everyone wants to blame Trump.......he is an evil man, but the evil was here since Reagan allowed Wall Street and the big banks to set the agenda.......and into this battle marches a rag tag leaderless girl scout troop who call themselves democrats. How about some brains and leadership?

Deus X

Deus X

Paul Ryan Collected $500,000 In Koch Contributions Days After House Passed Tax Law

Just days after the House passed its version of the federal tax law slashing corporate tax rates, House Speaker Paul Ryan collected nearly $500,000 in campaign contributions from billionaire energy mogul Charles Koch and his wife, according to a recent campaign donor report.

Koch and his brother David spent millions of dollars to get the tax law passed and are spending millions more in a public relations campaign in an attempt to boost support for the law, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Koch Industries, one of the largest private corporations in the nation, operates refineries and manufactures a variety of products. The new tax law — which slices corporate tax rates from 35 percent to 21 percent, slashes estate taxes and includes a special deduction for oil and gas investors — is expected to save the Koch brothers and their businesses billions of dollars in taxes.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/koch-paysout-to-ryan-after-taxlaw_us_5a63ce41e4b0dc592a09697c

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Once again this situation underscores how the democrats will risk all to help people, and the republicans will risk all for money.

Reality.

2seaoat

They can only steal America when racial politics replaces reality. Knowing that the shutdown assures them electoral improvement by feeding the hate with children they can deport. Again, the Democrats have no leadership and are rudderless, and America is in deep trouble. Trump is pure evil and as dumb as a fence post, but he owns the democrats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum