Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blues beach cam

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blues beach cam Empty Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 10:26 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://gulfcoastbeachcams.com/cameras/pensacola-beach

2Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 10:38 am

2seaoat

It is funny how in just 25 years the landscape of the beach has so changed. It used to be a few beach umbrellas, but now it is wall to wall 10 x 10 foot canopies which completely take the beach experience away when packed together. I guess what man has done to the barrier islands, we should not be surprised in their need to screw up the beachscape when given the opportunity. I am not a big fan of military air shows, and love civilian air shows. Oshkosh is amazing and we have annual civilian shows at our local airport, but you could not pay me a thousand dollars to go sit in that mess. 13 miles of beautiful isolated beaches and people pack into that insanity. I do not even understand any of the attraction to the beach in the summer.....it is a madhouse. I cherish the memories of my wife and I on the east end of Navarre by ourselves reading books and spending a peaceful day.

3Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 10:56 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:It is funny how in just 25 years the landscape of the beach has so changed.  It used to be a few beach umbrellas, but now it is wall to wall 10 x 10 foot canopies which completely take the beach experience away when packed together.   I guess what man has done to the barrier islands, we should not be surprised in their need to screw up the beachscape when given the opportunity.  I am not a big fan of military air shows, and love civilian air shows.  Oshkosh is amazing and we have annual civilian shows at our local airport, but you could not pay me a thousand dollars to go sit in that mess.   13 miles of beautiful isolated beaches and people pack into that insanity.   I do not even understand any of the attraction to the beach in the summer.....it is a madhouse.   I cherish the memories of my wife and I on the east end of Navarre by ourselves reading books and spending a peaceful day.

The umbrellas and canopies are a necessity this week end. The beach goers arrived before 6 am to see the Blues. You have to have some shade. The civilian show starts at 12 noon and the Blues at 2 pm

4Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 11:28 am

2seaoat

The umbrellas and canopies are a necessity this week end.

I simply have no understanding of the attraction of canopies. My SIL always gets up at 6am and goes to stake out his territory on Navarre Beach with a Canopy. They take all this stuff out to the beach. We have two chairs, some sunscreen, our books, two towels, and a small cooler. We cool off in the water, and reapply sunscreen. I am waiting for people to bring tv monitors so their kids can play video games.

Why even go to the beach in those conditions. I have NEVER understood the attraction of the blue angels. I think of that small child in Syria who has uncontrolled tremors from bombs being dropped on her, and could never watch the military delivery systems which have caused so much pain to innocents and make a day at the beach out of it. It is a strange perversity which I see as obscene. Almost a 125 million a year just for the navy military air shows, and probably the same for the air force, and we are cutting children programing on PBS. The total subsidy for PBS from the government is 281 million, and these military shows are a quarter of a billion dollars. It is no wonder people think it is ok to kill innocent civilians. Let the bread and circus keep the mob content, while our civilization simply deteriorates beyond repair.

5Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 12:07 pm

Yes, it is clearly an anti-military bias that clouds your old mind. The 100k that inhabit the beach today wouldn't trade places with you at all. Why do you complain so much?

6Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 12:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I love watching the Blues. I grew up with it and for personal reasons feel very proud of the Blues. I feel it is a shame, because of one person and socks we can not share openly on this forum.

What has been shared, has been used against members. Pkr for example, constant belittling from Telstar regarding Prks medical issues. Calling him a druggie, a steroid freak, and referencing his deceased grandmother. I have been called names and had references made about Corona, and comments calling my dad a pedophile.

WHO NEEDS THIS SHIT?

It is miserable crap from an ass and his socks.

7Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 12:23 pm

2seaoat

socks only fool themselves.

8Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 1:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:socks only fool themselves.

And make others miserable.

9Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 1:08 pm

2seaoat

I have never been made miserable by a sock or anyone else in the sandbox. I just am a ghost, so really I have no skin in the game. It is all just ideas and concepts to me. I do get bored with socks.

10Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 3:35 pm

Always went to the Blues show on NAS when I was a kid. Just watched live coverage on FB via WKRG.

Will always be a Blue Angels fan. Hometown proud. Very Happy

11Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/8/2017, 3:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:Always went to the Blues show on NAS when I was a kid.  Just watched live coverage on FB via WKRG.

Will always be a Blue Angels fan.  Hometown proud.  Very Happy

I love them...I watched from the pool with the little kids. The grown ups and big kids took the boats and jet ski behind Bamboo Willies. Several out of town college besties and the local
besties went at 8:30 this am.

12Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/10/2017, 12:21 am

RealLindaL

All the shows were simply great this year, but the departing Saturday traffic -- which the powers that be had hoped to alleviate by providing more trolley/bus service from the outlying parking lots -- was the absolute worst we'd seen in our 18 summers here, probably largely due to everyone's attempting to leave at once under the threat of approaching bad weather (which never materialized).  

Eastbound vehicles were backed up and creeping along a few feet at a time on Via de Luna for several miles east of the core traffic light, for a solid three and a half hours or more before the jam-up even began to ease up. Really awful.  

And early on, westbound traffic was also backed up from Portofino east, such that we were glad there were apparently no emergency vehicle requirements during that time, as all four lanes were completely blocked.

There were WEAR-TV vehicles out here at the time, but not one mention of the situation on the news that evening.  Probably in cahoots with the SRIA and the PBeach Chamber.  Smile

Yes, yes, we know the traffic is always bad after the Saturday show, but I'm telling you peeps this was way worse than ever, even compared to backups along the old two lane road in years past.

13Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/10/2017, 8:59 am

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:It is funny how in just 25 years the landscape of the beach has so changed.  It used to be a few beach umbrellas, but now it is wall to wall 10 x 10 foot canopies which completely take the beach experience away when packed together.   I guess what man has done to the barrier islands, we should not be surprised in their need to screw up the beachscape when given the opportunity.  I am not a big fan of military air shows, and love civilian air shows.  Oshkosh is amazing and we have annual civilian shows at our local airport, but you could not pay me a thousand dollars to go sit in that mess.   13 miles of beautiful isolated beaches and people pack into that insanity.   I do not even understand any of the attraction to the beach in the summer.....it is a madhouse.   I cherish the memories of my wife and I on the east end of Navarre by ourselves reading books and spending a peaceful day.

Back when I was going to Pensacola Beach regularly (70's and 80's) I never even saw beach umbrellas. And you almost never saw any kind of tent or structure.

I remember once, in the early 70's, a friend of my parents' calling the sheriff because a guy and his girlfriend had a tent on the beach and he considered it an "eyesore." My dad thought calling the cops was a little extreme, so he went to talk to the guy in the tent. He turned out to be a Hell's Angel who was doing some construction work on a house nearby, and was living on the beach while he was working. Dad took the guy to buy some groceries (the guy'd had a hard time carrying much on his chopper) and then invited him and his girlfriend over to our house after. I only have very vague memories of it, because I was about three or four years old, but I remember them both being pretty nice even though they looked a little scary. The guy told some story about the cops chasing him and some other Angels and they lost them by jumped a drawbridge while it was going up. I don't think it was Pensacola Beach's drawbridge (it had one back in those days, before they built the one with the hump and turned the old one into the fishing bridge) -- probably something in California. The guy helped my dad build a cover for the air conditioner unit to keep sand from getting in it. He was using a hammer that he'd strapped extra weights onto, to build up his arms. And he and his girlfriend were missing a few teeth. I think the guy gave me a chopper magazine because I liked the pictures in it. And, that's pretty much all I remember about 'em. I always wish I knew the guy's name, because this wasn't too long after Hunter Thompson wrote his Hell's Angels book. I doubt he was a "famous" one like Terry the Tramp or anybody, but, you never know.

Anyway, back then, even one tent on the beach was enough to have people calling the cops. I think that was the neighbor's problem, more than the guy being a Hell's Angel.

14Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/10/2017, 10:25 am

IMASOCK

RealLindaL wrote:All the shows were simply great this year, but the departing Saturday traffic -- which the powers that be had hoped to alleviate by providing more trolley/bus service from the outlying parking lots -- was the absolute worst we'd seen in our 18 summers here, probably largely due to everyone's attempting to leave at once under the threat of approaching bad weather (which never materialized).  

Eastbound vehicles were backed up and creeping along a few feet at a time on Via de Luna for several miles east of the core traffic light, for a solid three and a half hours or more before the jam-up even began to ease up. Really awful.  

And early on, westbound traffic was also backed up from Portofino east, such that we were glad there were apparently no emergency vehicle requirements during that time, as all four lanes were completely blocked.

There were WEAR-TV vehicles out here at the time, but not one mention of the situation on the news that evening.  Probably in cahoots with the SRIA and the PBeach Chamber.  Smile

Yes, yes, we know the traffic is always bad after the Saturday show, but I'm telling you peeps this was way worse than ever, even compared to backups along the old two lane road in years past.

Unfortunately, as long as the SRIA advertises this event to the greater NWFL area and in nationwide tourism ads, it will not get any better. There's just so much anyone can do. Do you remember when the Island Authority stopped letting bands like Hootie and the Blowfish do concerts at the beach? The traffic was the main reason....guess the Blues show gets a pass...

15Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/10/2017, 10:52 am

2seaoat

The celebration of the implements of war, a big old parking lot filled to the brim with every street packed. Hotels and condos line the once pristine beach as sand no longer migrates. Man's insatiable appetite to conquer and gain more territory as thousands of 10 x 10 create structures on the beach claim territory as we all know we go to the beach for shade, and so it goes, it all becomes something grotesque when a simple beach chair, a book, a cooler, a towel and lots of sunscreen as people once frequently went into the surf to enjoy the beauty of the beach. It is what it is, and people can pretend this is all good, but from my perspective once you have seen an innocent child shake uncontrollably from bombs or see children in the bombed out rubble missing limbs I do not look at the machines which deliver death whether that is the innocent or guilty there is no celebration in my mind just immense sadness that from this barbarian celebration where life and nature are trampled on as some sort of ultimate sacrifice to the gods of greed and avarice of MIC. It has been over 70 years since this nation has been threatened from abroad where we needed to defend ourselves. This is simply the celebration of all which has become bad in America.

16Blues beach cam Empty Re: Blues beach cam 7/10/2017, 2:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

IMASOCK wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:All the shows were simply great this year, but the departing Saturday traffic -- which the powers that be had hoped to alleviate by providing more trolley/bus service from the outlying parking lots -- was the absolute worst we'd seen in our 18 summers here, probably largely due to everyone's attempting to leave at once under the threat of approaching bad weather (which never materialized).  

Unfortunately, as long as the SRIA advertises this event to the greater NWFL area and in nationwide tourism ads, it will not get any better. There's just so much anyone can do.  Do you remember when the Island Authority stopped letting bands like Hootie and the Blowfish do concerts at the beach? The traffic was the main reason....guess the Blues show gets a pass...

I'm glad the Blues get a pass

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum