Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A rooster crows,,,,,,,,,,,GI blues LOL

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The sound of a rooster greeting the dawn breaks the silence and suddenly I am awake. I stare at the ceiling in the darkness. Where am I? I know I am in Japan but is all this real? I start to get homesick. I wish I could turn on the radio and have a choice of many stations. Not FEN or some strange announcer that I can not understand. But the Morning news, Jokes, what is happening this week, crime reports, all the little bits of news that we take for granted. I wish I had my car, I would go down and get a case of beer and go to the beach. Well it maybe too hot for the beach, the pool hall might work. I can smell and and almost taste the bacon and eggs frying at the local cafe. Bob would be there. Paul might be there if he can get away from his wife. Then there is that new bar maid at the Lamp post Tavern. Not a great looker but she seems to be pretty nice. My old dog, Duke, would still want to play ball. I really hope he is ok. Damn.....
Terriko stirs and notices I am wide awake, just looking at the ceiling. “You OK Magoo san?” What  you thinking about?... Nothing, ......not a damn thing,..... I reply and grab the bottle of beer from beside the bed.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum