Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone Else Got the Football Blues?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't follow any sports other than college football. The off-season is just too fricking long. I had to do a Google search this morning and read-up on how my favorite teams are preparing for the  2017 season.

I am very eager to follow UWF Argos football this fall, along with my fave Division 1 teams. I may even try to see a game at the Maritime Park this fall.... If any of those games get televised for local audiences, I will watch, for sure.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I can see why you have the blues. After about five months of watching incredibly incomplete sports coverage, all I saw was football stories in the off season and local ice hockey......some high school sports. I have never seen any other region in America which does not cover major league baseball, and NBA basketball. It is no wonder you get the blues. A pizza wasteland where you cannot even watch tv sports and find out a baseball score. I love NBA basketball and Major league baseball. There is some incredible baseball being played in Chicago this spring and I would have the blues if I had to watch Pensacola sports coverage.....which doing a minute spot on a Navarre lineman during baseball season when you are not giving scores was insane to me. All these side stories about college football in the off season. I love NFL football and not so much college football as I am appalled by the amount of money and diversion from academics which has swept the country. There are high schools in Texas which are putting in football stadiums which are bigger than some football stadiums in Illinois colleges.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I can see why you have the blues.   After about five months of watching incredibly incomplete sports coverage, all I saw was football stories in the off season and local ice hockey......some high school sports.   I have never seen any other region in America which does not cover major league baseball, and NBA basketball.  It is no wonder you get the blues.   A pizza wasteland where you cannot even watch tv sports and find out a baseball score.   I love NBA basketball and Major league baseball.   There is some incredible baseball being played in Chicago this spring and I would have the blues if I had to watch Pensacola sports coverage.....which doing a minute spot on a Navarre lineman during baseball season when you are not giving scores was insane to me.  All these side stories about college football in the off season.  I love NFL football and not so much college football as I am appalled by the amount of money and diversion from academics which has swept the country.   There are high schools in Texas which are putting in football stadiums which are bigger than some football stadiums in Illinois colleges.

....And watch football eventually be completely wussified because of all of the news about injuries happening to players.

It will eventually be reduced to flag football with no tackling......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

HS football is amazing in Texas... even when I played in the late 70's it was huge. We played in rice stadium and the astrodome. I went to a Houston innercity school district (HISD) hs. The competition was cut throat. The crowds were massive.

Nearly every starter got scholarship offers. We even had a couple of 300 pounders. They weren't like todays 300 pounders today tho that can run down qbs. But that was very rare back then. We even had a 7 footer on the bball team. He was good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum