Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Lewis is a Patriot and an American Hero

+7
RealLindaL
Wordslinger
knothead
2seaoat
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:There are several routes Trump could've taken to disprove John Lewis' assertion.

First and foremost, he could release his tax returns.  

His ridiculous tweet is the action of a guilty man.

Trump's small-minded stuck-in-childhood brain obviously operates on the principle that the best defense is a good offense.   Makes him look like nothing more than a petulant, argumentative fool.  Anyone who EVER thought this person could act in a presidential manner is an even bigger fool.  

Trump's small-minded stuck-in-childhood brain obviously operates on the principle that the best defense is a good offense. Makes him look like nothing more than a petulant, argumentative fool. Anyone who EVER thought this person could act in a presidential manner is an even bigger fool. Exactly!!!

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:There are several routes Trump could've taken to disprove John Lewis' assertion.

First and foremost, he could release his tax returns.  

His ridiculous tweet is the action of a guilty man.

Trump's small-minded stuck-in-childhood brain obviously operates on the principle that the best defense is a good offense.   Makes him look like nothing more than a petulant, argumentative fool.  Anyone who EVER thought this person could act in a presidential manner is an even bigger fool.  

Trump's small-minded stuck-in-childhood brain obviously operates on the principle that the best defense is a good offense.   Makes him look like nothing more than a petulant, argumentative fool.  Anyone who EVER thought this person could act in a presidential manner is an even bigger fool.   Exactly!!!

Fake president Trump lies about being smart because he doesn't pay taxes. Why should real Americans show Trump the fake, phony fraud anything other than contempt for insinuating that real Americans are stupid for paying taxes?

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Fake president Trump lies about being smart because he doesn't pay taxes. Why should real Americans show Trump the fake, phony fraud anything other than contempt for insinuating that real Americans are stupid for paying taxes?

I know, right, Tel? Such a shining example for the rest of us, too. NOT.

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:Fake president Trump lies about being smart because he doesn't pay taxes. Why should real Americans show Trump the fake, phony fraud anything other than contempt for insinuating that real Americans are stupid for paying taxes?

I know, right, Tel?  Such a shining example for the rest of us, too.  NOT.

I take it that y'all pay more taxes than you have to?

RealLindaL

Speaking for myself, Pkr, I pay what I pay honestly with no shenanigans or avoidance, and thus sleep well at night. Problem is, the American people have no way of knowing whether or not their own president does the same, because he refuses to show us, leaving us to wonder what he's hiding behind the B.S. audit excuse -- while he does seem to have trouble sleeping at night, always up tweeting in the wee hours. Smile

RealLindaL wrote:Speaking for myself, Pkr, I pay what I pay honestly with no shenanigans or avoidance, and thus sleep well at night.   Problem is, the American people have no way of knowing whether or not their own president does the same, because he refuses to show us, leaving us to wonder what he's hiding behind the B.S. audit excuse -- while he does seem to have trouble sleeping at night, always up tweeting in the wee hours. Smile

There's an ENORMOUS govt agency that assures that he does.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:Speaking for myself, Pkr, I pay what I pay honestly with no shenanigans or avoidance, and thus sleep well at night.   Problem is, the American people have no way of knowing whether or not their own president does the same, because he refuses to show us, leaving us to wonder what he's hiding behind the B.S. audit excuse -- while he does seem to have trouble sleeping at night, always up tweeting in the wee hours. Smile

So you search and dig for every deduction and write-off you can find so as to pay the least amount of income taxes possible!

I always did the same. In fact, my CPA and I met every fall to make plans for the coming year along with a five-year plan.

President Trump is one of those people who is truly excited about working and needs less sleep than many others. Why is that a bad thing?

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:

The IRS is woefully underfunded thanks to Republicans.

Telstar

Telstar

"A man sleeps six hours, a woman seven, a fool eight."

Napoleon Bonaparte 

John Lewis is a Patriot and an American Hero - Page 2 Trump-15

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Because they were targeting conservative orgs. I would guess that now the pubs will load it with partisans of their persuasion and target leftists. That's how the game's played now... right? Stay tuned folks.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Because they were targeting conservative orgs. I would guess that now the pubs will load it with partisans of their persuasion and target leftists. That's how the game's played now... right? Stay tuned folks.

The IRS had conservative groups applying for tax free status out of the woodwork . . . . . they should have been investigated!

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

The IRS had conservative groups applying for tax free status out of the woodwork . . . . . they should have been investigated!

You don't get it. Sorry to waste your time... and mine.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

You don't get it. Sorry to waste your time... and mine.

Music to my ears . . . .

2seaoat

The idea that the IRS targeted conservative groups is pure propaganda. Does anybody ever listen to all the House committee hearings. It sure would put a stop to innuendo and fantasy.

2seaoat wrote:The idea that the IRS targeted conservative groups is pure propaganda.  Does anybody ever listen to all the House committee hearings.   It sure would put a stop to innuendo and fantasy.

Learner came right out and admitted it in hopes of getting ahead of the ig report. Then came every obfuscation imaginable... destroyed emails... lost documents... destroyed backups and phones.  You know... the sop. Or a better acronym would be slop... standard leftist operating procedure... lol.

Sal wrote:Profiles in courage ....

In an exclusive interview with NBC News' "Meet the Press," Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) said he does not believe Donald Trump is a "legitimate president," citing Russian interference in last year's election.

Asked whether he would try to forge a relationship with the president-elect, Lewis said that he believes in forgiveness, but added, "it's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president."

When pressed to explain why, he cited allegations of Russian hacks during the campaign that led to the release of internal documents from the Democratic National Committee, and Hillary Clinton's campaign co-chairman, John Podesta.

"I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis told NBC News' Chuck Todd.

Trump appeared to acknowledge this week that Russia did engage in hacking during the campaign, but he has vigorously argued that any foreign interference had no impact on the election's outcome.

The long-serving Georgia Congressman and civil rights leader also said that he would not attend President-elect Trump's swearing-in. "I don't plan to attend the inauguration. It will be the first one that I miss since I've been in Congress. You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong, is not right."

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/john-lewis-trump-won-t-be-legitimate-president-n706676

Thank you, sir.

Another leftist congressman who doesn't understand the Constitution and is quite butt hurt. General Ackbar needs to shut up
And sit down

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

That is a lie. Republicans were afraid they're dark money contributors would be discovered, so they went on the attack.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

From Dan Rather:

I want to avoid getting too caught up in the tweets of Donald Trump, but there are some comments that are so far beyond the pale that one risks normalizing them by ignoring them. And the message that Mr. Trump said today about Representative John Lewis, a true American hero, is such an instance.
To be sure, Mr. Lewis levelled some very sharp criticism at the incoming president yesterday - calling his election illegitimate on account of Russian interference. We all know this story seems to grow darker and more worrisome by the hour. I have never seen an administration begin under such a serious cloud.
One can easily understand why Mr. Lewis' comment would anger Mr. Trump because it is a real threat. The famed and respected Civil Rights leader is putting into words what few of his political peers have dared say out loud. And we must note that there are still many more questions about this issue than there are answers. The fact that the Senate will now conduct hearings - mark you hearings that may very well cast doubt on the legitimacy of a president who has yet to be officially inaugurated - will hopefully lead to a more complete account of what took place.
But whatever the truth is about these swirling allegations on Russia, and whether one feels such conclusions of illegitimacy are premature, Mr. Trump would have been well served to have let Mr. Lewis' comments pass. Of course he couldn't. In a pair of tweets the President-elect wrote:
"Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to......mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad!"
I have known Mr. Lewis for decades. I covered him in those early and dangerous days of the Civil Rights Movement when almost all the institutions of government and society, especially in the South, seemed to be arrayed against the young activists. One thing you cannot say about John Lewis is that he is "all talk, talk, talk - no action or results." This man came within a hair's breath of dying after being beaten by Alabama State Troopers on a march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma. His expert organizing skills and moral clarity made the United States a far more just and equitable nation. And for all this to happen at the beginning of Martin Luther King weekend, of all times.
Perhaps the conservative political commentator Bill Kristol said it best in one of his tweets:
"It's telling, I'm afraid, that Donald Trump treats Vladimir Putin with more respect than he does John Lewis."

polecat

polecat

PkrBum wrote:Lol... the princesses are resisting.

Don't forget to wear comfortable shoes... and borrow your wife's moisturizer.

Come and go to thumps inauguration with me. We are going to be handing out Confederate and Nazi flags to all of Agent Oranges supporters.

polecat

polecat

For 8 years conservatives said Obama wasn't a legitimate American.

NOW they're offended! LOL

polecat wrote:For 8 years conservatives said Obama wasn't a legitimate American.

I never said that... not once.

Floridatexan wrote:That is a lie.  Republicans were afraid they're dark money contributors would be discovered, so they went on the attack.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
polecat wrote:For 8 years conservatives said Obama wasn't a legitimate American.

A recent poll on that issue showed that 63% of republicans believe Obama was born in Kenya. Fact.

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

A recent poll on that issue showed that 63% of republicans believe Obama was born in Kenya.  Fact.  

Maybe a more precise title for fake president Trump would be Birther In Chief.

polecat

polecat

Trump has literally melded his personal businesses with the US government and has announced a pathway for foreigners to submit bribes. - Ryan Lizza

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum