Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Lewis is a Patriot and an American Hero

+7
RealLindaL
Wordslinger
knothead
2seaoat
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sal

Sal

Profiles in courage ....

In an exclusive interview with NBC News' "Meet the Press," Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) said he does not believe Donald Trump is a "legitimate president," citing Russian interference in last year's election.

Asked whether he would try to forge a relationship with the president-elect, Lewis said that he believes in forgiveness, but added, "it's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president."

When pressed to explain why, he cited allegations of Russian hacks during the campaign that led to the release of internal documents from the Democratic National Committee, and Hillary Clinton's campaign co-chairman, John Podesta.

"I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis told NBC News' Chuck Todd.

Trump appeared to acknowledge this week that Russia did engage in hacking during the campaign, but he has vigorously argued that any foreign interference had no impact on the election's outcome.

The long-serving Georgia Congressman and civil rights leader also said that he would not attend President-elect Trump's swearing-in. "I don't plan to attend the inauguration. It will be the first one that I miss since I've been in Congress. You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong, is not right."

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/john-lewis-trump-won-t-be-legitimate-president-n706676

Thank you, sir.

At least someone came out and said that the goal is to delegitimize Trump... if not in real terms... then surely in the hearts and souls of the huddled comrades. RESIST..!! Lol.

Sal

Sal

Illegitimate.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:At least someone came out and said that the goal is to delegitimize Trump...

After watching the conduct and practices of Republican lawmakers and conservative Americans from 2008-2016, who can blame those who want to entreat President Tweeter to the same thing?

In fact, the GOP wrote the book on delegitimizing duly elected political opponents. That book will now be used against Trump.

There is a saying: "Pay-back is a heart attack."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Wouldn't it be good to listen to someone who knew a tad bit about the U.S. Constitution before blindly following them because they say what you salivate to hear?

Just wondering.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:At least someone came out and said that the goal is to delegitimize Trump...

After watching the conduct and practices of Republican lawmakers and conservative Americans from 2008-2016, who can blame those who want to entreat President Tweeter to the same thing?

In fact, the GOP wrote the book on delegitimizing duly elected political opponents. That book will now be used against Trump.

There is a saying: "Pay-back is a heart attack."

Seems to me that the rules changes and other changes by the Democrats are the things that will be used against DEMOCRATS, not Republicans.

Sal

Sal

Illegitimate.

2seaoat

Donald Trump is the legitimate President of the United States come January 20, and I am sad that a great man without proof of the President elect's complicity take away what was a stunning victory. I have not seen one person say the Russians changed the election, unless in fact they have compromised the FBI. The only person who screwed the pooch was Bill Clinton who was incredibly stupid to meet with the AG who was compromised not because of actual corruption, but because of the appearance of the same on a runway of an airport. I will give President elect Trump a chance, but after watching the fiasco with CNN is is not a matter of legitimacy, rather one of competency.

Sal

Sal

Illegitimate.

He'll have to earn legitimacy at this point.

Don't hold your breath.

Unfortunately, this whole thing is likely to fall down like the house of cards it is, and we'll be left Mike Pence and Repuke control of Congress.

We all lose!

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Donald Trump is the legitimate President of the United States come January 20, and I am sad that a great man without proof of the President elect's complicity take away what was a stunning victory.   I have not seen one person say the Russians changed the election, unless in fact they have compromised the FBI.  The only person who screwed the pooch was Bill Clinton who was incredibly stupid to meet with the AG who was compromised not because of actual corruption, but because of the appearance of the same on a runway of an airport.  I will give President elect Trump a chance, but after watching the fiasco with CNN is is not a matter of legitimacy, rather one of competency.

I obviously am not the man you are Mr. Oats although I, too, am at least somewhat educated but that education only taught me how little I know as opposed to how much I know . . . . . unlike Mr. Trump who is like . . . .really smart all you need do is ask him. I have been so troubled personally over this whole mess (as othershoe called it) and the issue is not because my party got taken to the outhouse. Rather it is all the things surrounding this person who is about to be sworn in . . . . . all our forum members are aware of the circus atmosphere surrounding him . . . . I even began calling him P.T. Barnum as an obvious pejorative. In order for me to deal with this reality and accept that this guy is actually about to be our nation's 45th President and do so with personal integrity and honesty . . . . I cannot . . . . I just cannot. He is dishonest as the day is long and I recognized this long ago by saying he truly is a clear and present danger in a very real sense. I am too far down the road to play like I am Mr. Great American Citizen while witnessing what is unfolding before our eyes . . .

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:

I obviously am not the man you are Mr. Oats although I, too, am at least somewhat educated but that education only taught me how little I know as opposed to how much I know . . . . . unlike Mr. Trump who is like  . . . .really smart all you need do is ask him.  I have been so troubled personally over this whole mess (as othershoe called it) and the issue is not because my party got taken to the outhouse.  Rather it is all the things surrounding this person who is about to be sworn in . . . . . all our forum members are aware of the circus atmosphere surrounding him . . . . I even began calling him P.T. Barnum as an obvious pejorative. In order for me to deal with this reality and accept that this guy is actually about to be our nation's 45th President and do so with personal integrity and honesty . . . . I cannot . . . . I just cannot.  He is dishonest as the day is long and I recognized this long ago by saying he truly is a clear and present danger in a very real sense. I am too far down the road to play like I am Mr. Great American Citizen while witnessing what is unfolding before our eyes . . .  

Your opinion is just as valid and even more grounded in reality than Oat's.

He's preoccupied with sounding reasonable and civil.

Trump is completely unmoored from reason and civility.

It is time for all people of good conscience to stand up and with clear eyes recognize the illegitimacy of Trump.

Resist.

2seaoat

He's preoccupied with sounding reasonable and civil.

I am neither. I am a fighter. As a kid, I grew up in an environment that you fought and bloodied each other when you reached an impasse. We would go at it with bloody noses and black eyes, and sore hands as it never was like on TV or in the movies, because when you hit somebody, the next day your hands feel like somebody took a hammer to them. What did I learn from that experience, that some of my best friends are those very same people who I was rolling around on the ground fighting. We got up and went in our separate directions. You won some, and you lost some. A week later you were picked to be on that person's team playing baseball, or basketball. There is nothing cowardly about a good fight. I am uncomfortable about losing a fight and pouting and being a bad loser. If the guy worked to make the team better, we were all good. If he was a dick again, we were in the dirt. There just was something honest about it, and I never took kindly to whining and demonizing the folks that won.....I just figured if I was right, I would win the next fight.

Sal

Sal

The fight is on, and you're bringing an etiquette manual to a knife fight.

I'll be on the streets of Tampa on Sunday.

You see about making some more mildly irritating yard signs.

Lol... the princesses are resisting.

Don't forget to wear comfortable shoes... and borrow your wife's moisturizer.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Lol... the princesses are resisting.

It's sorta funny.

You're about to take it straight in the teeth again, and you don't even see it coming.

You should learn to duck.

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Lol... the princesses are resisting.

It's sorta funny.

You're about to take it straight in the teeth again, and you don't even see it coming.

You should learn to duck.

Lol... See: elections 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016. There's never been a bigger slide. Wear your retainer comrade.

2seaoat

During that same period there have been incredible advances. The Supreme Court and President Obama made positive changes in America which were not perfect, but perfect can be the enemy of good. My grandchildren live in a better world than what was before President Obama. Two steps forward and one step back. Good people fight the fight for those improvements. My greatest regret in the time I have left is that I did not do enough to improve what came before. I went through a twenty year period of tremendous community involvement and contribution, and the last 16 years were rather selfish and disconnected. Both my kids are getting involved and working for improvements in their respective communities, so to that end I have no regrets, but to laugh or criticize the ref for bad calls........I used to go into the stands and hand them my whistle as I stopped the game and explained that one ref in a basketball game misses calls, but he could greatly help......the gym was silent as the person always puked out, and did not join me on the floor helping to make a difference.......some people do it, and some sit in the stands talking about a better health care plan, indictments, or people born in Kenya......I tend to trust the person who takes the time to get involved.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:During that same period there have been incredible advances. [...] The Supreme Court and President Obama made positive changes in America which were not perfect, John Lewis is a Patriot and an American Hero 6117dd60-5286-4e72-aca8-16189154dc12_zpskdnlvjte   I went through a twenty year period of tremendous community involvement and contribution, and the last 16 years were rather selfish and [,,,]

Your OPINION along with other Progressives and is NOT supported by the surrounding FACTS.

John Lewis is a Patriot and an American Hero 8f6bf3bd-632b-4ede-8778-65e3cd65e3f7_zpszqmvc8jl

Markle

Markle

Interview
When asked about where in the Constitution, Congress gets the right to force Americans to purchase health insurance, Congressman Lewis said the following:

"Well, when you start off with the Preamble of the Constitution, you talk about the pursuit of happiness. You go to the 14th Amendment--it’s equal protection under the law and we have not repealed the 14th Amendment. People have a right to have health care. It’s not a privilege but a right"

Lol... these idiots would buy magic beans with tax dollars.

Markle

Markle

Harry Reid Brings In Scandal Ridden John Lewis To Campaign For Him
Harry Reid, using the race card today, brought in Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), a civil rights worker who happens to be black, to campaign for Reid in black neighborhoods of Las Vegas.

Let's see. John Lewis said that someone from the Tea Party called him the n-word as he was on his way to vote for Obamacare. Even though Andrew Breitbart offered a $10,000 reward for anyone to prove that someone uttered the n-word, no one has claimed the reward.

And John Lewis said this on the House floor: "Read the Republican contract," Lewis said on the House floor on March 21, 1995. "They're coming for our children. They're coming for the poor. They're coming for the sick, the elderly and the disabled." Lewis's comment paraphrased a famous passage by Rev. Martin Niemöller, who was in the resistance against the Nazis.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

knothead wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Donald Trump is the legitimate President of the United States come January 20, and I am sad that a great man without proof of the President elect's complicity take away what was a stunning victory.   I have not seen one person say the Russians changed the election, unless in fact they have compromised the FBI.  The only person who screwed the pooch was Bill Clinton who was incredibly stupid to meet with the AG who was compromised not because of actual corruption, but because of the appearance of the same on a runway of an airport.  I will give President elect Trump a chance, but after watching the fiasco with CNN is is not a matter of legitimacy, rather one of competency.

I obviously am not the man you are Mr. Oats although I, too, am at least somewhat educated but that education only taught me how little I know as opposed to how much I know . . . . . unlike Mr. Trump who is like  . . . .really smart all you need do is ask him.  I have been so troubled personally over this whole mess (as othershoe called it) and the issue is not because my party got taken to the outhouse.  Rather it is all the things surrounding this person who is about to be sworn in . . . . . all our forum members are aware of the circus atmosphere surrounding him . . . . I even began calling him P.T. Barnum as an obvious pejorative. In order for me to deal with this reality and accept that this guy is actually about to be our nation's 45th President and do so with personal integrity and honesty . . . . I cannot . . . . I just cannot.  He is dishonest as the day is long and I recognized this long ago by saying he truly is a clear and present danger in a very real sense. I am too far down the road to play like I am Mr. Great American Citizen while witnessing what is unfolding before our eyes . . .  

You're absolutely wrong Knothead. You ARE a good and great American citizen! Your response above was well written, thoughtful and to the point. You represent the millions of us who are deeply disturbed that this arrogant, smarmy, lying, cheating salesman extraordinaire is going to lead our divided, dysfunctional and failing country.

Hold your head up. You're one of the good guys!

Sal

Sal

There are several routes Trump could've taken to disprove John Lewis' assertion.

First and foremost, he could release his tax returns.

His ridiculous tweet is the action of a guilty man.

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:
knothead wrote:

You're absolutely wrong Knothead.  You ARE a good and great American citizen!  Your response above was well written, thoughtful and to the point.  You represent the millions of us who are deeply disturbed that this arrogant, smarmy, lying, cheating salesman extraordinaire is going to lead our divided, dysfunctional and failing country.

Hold your head up.  You're one of the good guys!

cheers cheers cheers

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:There are several routes Trump could've taken to disprove John Lewis' assertion.

First and foremost, he could release his tax returns.  

His ridiculous tweet is the action of a guilty man.

Trump's small-minded stuck-in-childhood brain obviously operates on the principle that the best defense is a good offense.   Makes him look like nothing more than a petulant, argumentative fool.  Anyone who EVER thought this person could act in a presidential manner is an even bigger fool.  

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum