Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA Basketball

+5
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 20]

126NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 2/23/2017, 9:35 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Don't hold back... tell us what you really think... lol.

127NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 2/24/2017, 10:23 pm

2seaoat

jimmy Butler is a class act......I do not think I could hold my tongue.

128NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 2/25/2017, 9:35 pm

2seaoat

Worked all day cleaning out my office and now I am home waiting for a fresh egg salad sandwich and mac and cheese as my wife and I dig in to watch ABC feature game with the Bulls and Cavs. I am disappointed because James has strep throat and will not be able to play, but I am hoping to see some of the new players. I am still piszed by the trades, but at least they did not trade Butler. When they trade Butler I am going to go ballistic. Valentine had his best game of the season last night as some of the back up players realize a new point guard is in town.

129NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 2/25/2017, 10:28 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

He's got a very special feel and vision for the game. I guess the silver lining is that he'll get to play.

130NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 2/25/2017, 10:33 pm

2seaoat

I heard Valentine was sent down to the d league to get play time. He had a great night last night and he is playing solid minutes tonight on national tv.

131NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/3/2017, 1:22 am

2seaoat

Bulls beat warriors without Durant. Bobby Portis a second year player is getting play time now that Gibson has been traded and is playing solid ball with more play time. Butler and Rondo had good games. The Bulls have beat the best teams and seem to just get bored playing the bad teams.....that is not the attitude of a winner.

132NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/4/2017, 1:40 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I missed that game.  The grandkids have been finishing up basketball.  Have a couple more tournaments for the select tesm.

Getting ready for softball, baseball, and T-ball. So proud of my kids.....daughter is coaching T-ball for her 4 year old son along with her best friend and her son. She is also coaching fast pitch for my 14 year old granddaughter. In between she will still coach the select basketball team. Sons are coaching....softball and baseball.

133NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/4/2017, 7:30 am

2seaoat

I am looking forward to the kids coaching, but right now both are not. The granddaughter is not real thrilled about softball, but this is the first year she will be playing with just girls. Hopefully, this will get her attention. Her dad was a star baseball player in high school and had a scholarship to college on baseball full ride, and he is frustrated with her attitude toward baseball the last couple years.

134NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/4/2017, 10:05 pm

2seaoat

The Bulls are playing the Clippers on National TV, and before the game they were talking about some NBA record the Bulls could break on beating all the top NBA teams, but losing to the worse teams.......that indicates to me a coaching problem. However, as much as I hated to see Gibson go to OK, it is good for him, and second year player Portis has been playing lights out. Rondo is playing less minutes since the all star break, but has been playing his best ball all year.

135NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/4/2017, 10:43 pm

2seaoat

Bulls had a great first half. Rondo is running the reserves like a master as he is mentoring some of these young players. He has gotten screwed around the last two years, but I have gained respect for his basketball intelligence and his acceptance of his reduced role on this team. The thing is that he is doing better not starting and with less minutes working with the reserves who are playing at a higher level because of his assists and quiet leadership. I think the Bulls are lucky to have him despite the coach demoting him this year.

136NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/4/2017, 11:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Bulls had a great first half.  Rondo is running the reserves like a master as  he is mentoring some of these young players.   He has gotten screwed around the last two years, but I have gained respect for his basketball intelligence and his acceptance of his reduced role on this team.   The thing is that he is doing better not starting and with less minutes working with the reserves who are playing at a higher level because of his assists and quiet leadership.   I think the Bulls are lucky to have him despite the coach demoting him this year.

I was a Celtics fan for years. I enjoyed watching the team play under Doc Rivers and liked Rondo.

137NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/11/2017, 11:17 pm

2seaoat

The NBA has a problem. Pop started resting starters, and it has served him well. However, tonight Golden State rested their four star starters. It was a nationally televised game, and folks paid good money to attend the spurs game to watch the Golden State stars. This issue needs to be addressed. All four stars at the same time probably was sending a message to Pop and the spurs that they have abused the system, but this has to be addressed.

At least I get to watch the Bulls against the Celtics on Sunday.

138NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/12/2017, 11:39 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The NBA has a problem.  Pop started resting starters, and it has served him well.  However, tonight Golden State rested their four star starters.   It was a nationally televised game, and folks paid good money to attend the spurs game to watch the Golden State stars.   This issue needs to be addressed.  All four stars at the same time probably was sending a message to Pop and the spurs that they have abused the system, but this has to be addressed.

At least I get to watch the Bulls against the Celtics on Sunday.

I came in from an all day  softball match in Perdido...three granddaughters were spending the night with us....Hubby said no game to tonight. Unbelievable! Had I paid money for those tickets to watch the bench I would asked for a refund.

139NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/12/2017, 12:10 pm

2seaoat

Had I paid money for those tickets to watch the bench I would asked for a refund

there were a great many folks who flew in to watch that game. It is a growing scam. The players union, owners, and management of the NBA have to address this. I personally do not see why you need to rest all four starters. At worst you could rotate players resting, but I think a statement was being made to Pop who has gone deep into the playoffs every year using this method. It indicates with back to backs the season has to be longer and players need to be rested.

140NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/12/2017, 12:16 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

82 games is too many imo.

141NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/12/2017, 1:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yes it is. They are set ups for injuries......late season injuries.

142NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/17/2017, 2:12 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I called the Bulls not making the playoffs way back in preseason.  

Lil' Curry better hope Durant comes back healthy because he and his all star starting lineup aren't enough to carry that team to W's.  They either need Durant, or a bench that outscores the opponent's bench by 30.  Outside of that, they're not even making the finals.

143NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/17/2017, 5:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:I called the Bulls not making the playoffs way back in preseason.  

Lil' Curry better hope Durant comes back healthy because he and his all star starting lineup aren't enough to carry that team to W's.  They either need Durant, or a bench that outscores the opponent's bench by 30.  Outside of that, they're not even making the finals.

And Labron and the Cavs?

144NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/17/2017, 9:26 pm

2seaoat

I called the Bulls not making the playoffs way back in preseason.

Management is broken. The worse part instead of going into the dumpster fire, they probably can still make the 8 spot because nobody is playing that well in the east except Miami. Losing Wade hardly mattered because he and Butler had written off Fred and upper management as it is a total C. F.

145NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/19/2017, 9:52 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I called the Bulls not making the playoffs way back in preseason.  

And Labron and the Cavs?

Lebron going to get another ring this year!

146NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/19/2017, 10:26 pm

2seaoat

Last year was a rare fluke. They happen. However, if James wins this year it is no fluke. He will move up the list significantly. I still think there are two clearly better teams in the Warriors and Spurs, but more importantly the Cavs do not match up with certain teams in the East. The Cavs simply are not as good as last years team, and I think James knows it.

147NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/20/2017, 8:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

And Labron and the Cavs?

lol!

148NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/25/2017, 8:08 pm

2seaoat

The Bulls lost to Philly with only 12 games left and two games to make up. The United Center crowds were booing Fred. He has to go. He no more belongs in the NBA coaching than Madonna. He cannot make tough decisions, and he is trying to make everybody happy......which means Foreman and Paxson pull his strings like a puppet.....you see they drafted and traded for this mess, and they attempted to ditch Butler who has indicated that it is a management problem.....fortunately the word is out that Reinsdorf said no to a Butler trade....which means Pax, Foreman, and Fred are at risk. I am furious they traded McDermott. They traded with the Bucks giving up Snell who has only helped them fight for that eighth playoff spot while Williams has done nothing. I will try to watch a few more games, but if they do not win Sunday, they are done. They have a game against Cleveland and about eight crummy teams, but their calling card this year is beating good teams and falling asleep with poor teams......definitely a coaching issue. Oh the Cavs seem to be giving an open invitation for Boston to win the East.....I do not know if they are trying to avoid a team, or if they really have slipped this much.

149NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/26/2017, 7:52 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs have lost six out of the last eight games and now have fallen to second to last in defense in the last month of play as what I have been saying all year is that they cannot play a lick of defense, but are a very good three point team. The Bulls are one game out of a playoff position and play the cavs on Thursday. They have beat the Cavs in every game this year. If the Bulls lose with only 10 games left, it is doubtful they make the playoffs. If the Cavs take a dive, Boston may win the East. Lue is saying that they are saving their new defense for the playoffs. James has all but said they are not that good as they tried to improve their roster to no avail. The Cavs were a fluke last year. It happens. They will be lucky to get out of the East which has been a doormat for a decade now to the west. However, some of the east teams are getting better. Sadly, I think the Cavs are not going to lose to the Bulls who have become too sporadic to be taken seriously. However, as bad as the Cavs defense is.....who knows.

150NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 3/27/2017, 11:55 pm

2seaoat

Well.....just like I predicted.... the Cavs who are not very good are now in second place in the weak East as the Celtics have passed them. They were humiliated by the Spurs with the big three playing through three quarters. The Bulls have to hope that with James taking an elbow, they might rest him Thursday, which means Love will probably rest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum