Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA Basketball

+5
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 20]

176NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/4/2017, 10:33 am

2seaoat

Boston playing the Cavs this week will be the game to watch. If the Cavs are dialing it up, they need to win that game. However, to go into a double overtime against the lowly pacers tells the whole story.

177NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/7/2017, 9:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Atlanta over Cavs......it was called a "demoralizing defeat" and it was.

178NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/7/2017, 10:04 pm

2seaoat

I keep waiting for them to flip that switch that Boards thinks James can do by just positive thoughts and the illusion that he is the greatest ever. I must say the fluke last year, was amazing, but I am enjoying this battle of terrible East teams to make the playoffs. The Bulls have no business in the playoffs, but they too are totally inconsistent. I was pulling for the cavs because Atlanta owns the bulls this year.

179NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/8/2017, 10:49 am

2seaoat

The media has been very cruel toward Wade who they call old and harmful to the Bulls.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/why-return-of-old-dwyane-wade-is-a-bad-thing-for-the-bulls/ar-BBzxNg0

180NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/8/2017, 11:04 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm glad valentine is getting some minutes... but he just doesn't look comfortable yet. Confidence is a funny thing.

181NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/8/2017, 4:18 pm

2seaoat

Rondo has done a great job building the confidence of the young guys, but when management dumped quality people in the trade with OK, it brought in somebody who was slated as a future point guard......the entire team was thrown into uncertainty. Management hates Butler.....he speaks truthfully and wants to win and is single handed bringing this team into the playoffs where they should never have been with the intentional dumping of quality players.

182NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/8/2017, 7:21 pm

2seaoat

Wade played and the Bulls lost to the worst team in the East. If the Bulls do not get rid of management, I am going to explode. Fred cannot coach at the professional level. Wade should be playing with the second unit. He disrupts play just like James does. Yes, when he is on he is great, but he is not conducive to team play. I think he is a great person and a great player....just not the best team player.

183NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/9/2017, 9:15 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs cannot be taken seriously when they are unable to play a lick of defense.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/millsap-hardaway-lead-hawks-in-stunning-ot-win-over-cavs/ar-BBzCCDP

184NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/11/2017, 4:53 pm

2seaoat

It has become a joke. The Cavs are losing the games as regular as a clock in the 4th quarter. At first I thought it was because they suck. Now I am thinking that they are losing on purpose to avoid the bulls. They are a complete illusion......the pure luck of winning last year will never be replicated. The Cavs suck.

185NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/14/2017, 11:07 am

2seaoat

The east for the last decade has been historically weak. The Cavs and the alleged GOAT, which one cannot say without laughing are in second place in this weak division. They have one of the worst defenses in the NBA, and James cannot play a lick of defense as players have called him out in his inability to keep up with slashing guards and small forwards demanding that they "help" him........Michael Jordan did not rest, he played incredible defense, and he won championships. Now the Bulls are but a shadow of what they were, and they beat the Cavs like a rug all season. Even the weak and broken Pacers still have George who can play the best defense like Butler and they will play this claimed great team which only has to flip on a switch. The problem is the light bulb was always dim when talking about defense, team play, and championships and shortly it will simply NOT light up. Oh, and the weak mismanaged Bulls, they made the playoffs. Some who think they know about basketball predicted otherwise. I cannot wait to Saturday and Sunday. This is my favorite time of the year. Meaningful NBA and baseball to boot.

186NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/15/2017, 3:58 pm

2seaoat

I am in basketball heaven. I will chain saw some big trees which floated up on the islands where I cannot get the lull there safely, and then spend the next two days recovering watching my beloved NBA playoffs. Right now I am watching the flying Nun with Sally Fields, but will not turn on basketball......oh yea!

187NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/15/2017, 5:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

108 to 109. Indiana could have beat the Cavs by driving to the basket....the jump shot failed. Buzzer sounds game over.

188NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/15/2017, 6:51 pm

2seaoat

The Cavs do not have defensive stops. A one point win over a team as weak as the Pacers. Sorry, who are we chitting about the Cavs. Vegas has them 8th in the playoffs winning the championship. I think that is being generous. I am enjoying the Toronto game. Both these teams could beat the Cavs like a drum, but who knows......the Cavs still need to get by the Pacers who two months ago were dead last in the central, and had nobody to help George. flip the switch.....what a joke.

Also, James taking that three was boneheaded. When the pacers got the rebound and the pass to George in transition, they had plenty of time to let him go, but instead they make an ill advised time out. This game should have been a Pacers win. James shot selection was insane.

189NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/15/2017, 8:08 pm

2seaoat

Jason Kidd knew what was partially responsible for the Cavs making it to the finals. Well they let their scrapper back up guard go to the Bucks, and I would love to see the Cavs play the bucks. Great game for the Bucks. I know some analyst are excited about Toronto, but they simply are not that good.

I love Giannis.......what a great player. So many talented young players. Great coach.....do not count the bucks out, although Toronto is actually a better team. The Greek Freak at 6 11 is not a mailman or James.....he has the moves of Jordan in a 6-11 frame. He does not have to bull doze people with offensive fouls......hell....he is already around them before they know it. This kid loses a game, and while still in uniform will go to a Bucks practice facility until 3am working on what he did wrong......you cannot teach that fire. His biggest problem on defense is his enthusiasm which last year he collected the most fouls in the NBA.....at 22 this will evolve into an all time great defensive player. The Bucks have draft picks and a super player coming back from injury next year......I was a year late in my prediction, but this team is up and coming.

190NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/15/2017, 9:59 pm

2seaoat

Love the way the Spurs play. What an intelligent team. Well coached and team comes first. I am so happy to see Gasol finding the Spurs. I grew to respect his intelligence and play when he was with the Bulls for two years. First ballot hall of fame. The old guys may pull this off.

191NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 6:03 pm

2seaoat

The warriors are just a great team. The top half of the teams in the NBA can have a fluke and beat them three straight, but it is not probable. Last year was a fluke. These folks should be fighting for their third straight championship, but flukes are part of basketball.

192NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 6:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Green had a great game.

193NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 6:54 pm

2seaoat

I was all excited about the Bulls Celtics game all week. I have lost that excitement and I am filled with sadness with IT losing his young sister in a car accident. Sometimes you just need time. This is painful to watch.

194NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 7:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

After Thomas made a 26 foot shot.....the Bulls immediately called a time out to allow fans to cheer for him.  Class Act.

195NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 7:36 pm

2seaoat

Ouch.....Wade could not stuff the ball with momentum and really no defender. His age is glaring, but again...a class act.

196NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 9:12 pm

2seaoat

As much as I love to watch the Bulls, this has been tough watching IT. I just do not know how he has had the strength to play this first game. It is obvious that he is hurting, his team is hurting, and the Bulls can get no satisfaction in this win. This is where the real world interfaces the fantasy of sports, and sports is secondary. Boston is going to get some good players in the draft and they are one or two players away from being very dominate.

197NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 9:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hopefully the game, teammates, and fans will give him strength.

198NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/16/2017, 10:09 pm

2seaoat

wow....Houston and OK.....how good has the basketball been today.

199NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/17/2017, 8:03 pm

2seaoat

Pacers vs Cavs......James is no GOAT.

Reality....Irving is the best player on the cavs.

200NBA Basketball - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/17/2017, 8:55 pm

2seaoat

8 turn overs by the pretend goat, and the third quarter is not even over....the pacers are simply awful, but James defense is worse. Irving is having a great game. Love is playing solid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum