Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wrong pizza

+5
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
RealLindaL
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 4/26/2016, 6:06 pm

RealLindaL

boards of FL wrote:Never noticed the sign.  I'm incredibly paranoid when it comes to parking in tow away areas.  

All I can tell you is that the New Yorker has an understanding (maybe even a financial one, for all I know) with the dental office.  It is DEFINITELY NOT a tow-away situation after hours -- get on your smart phone next time you have a craving, call NY and they'll tell you it's OK for overflow parking.  We have parked over there innumerable times, as have many, many other cars, and it's never a problem during the allowed hours.  

Since you love the place, hope you can damp down your paranoia and enjoy.  
Smile

27Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 4/26/2016, 6:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Skip Rodgers a dentist who owned Advantage Dental always worked evening hours 4-8:30 pm. Skip retired about 8 months ago....so they no longer have evening hours.

28Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 4/26/2016, 9:15 pm

RealLindaL

Parking for New Yorker has been allowed there in the evenings for at least a couple of years now, maybe longer.

29Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 4/26/2016, 10:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Parking for New Yorker has been allowed there in the evenings for at least a couple of years now, maybe longer.
The parking at the dental office was never a problem for us during our evening appointments.

30Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 4/26/2016, 11:41 pm

Vikingwoman

Salinsky wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I know my wife was telling me that the shell station across the street has an incredible number of people who stop for lunch where they are supposed to have great chicken.....I simply have never been that hungry to try chicken at a gas station, but she said every time she would get fuel for me people were lined up getting food.  My wife and I both got sick from two gyros ordered from Milton Arby location, and it used to be one place we figured they could not screw up, but they were about to begin an exterior renovation and I think we got some bad old lettuce on the gyros.....we were sick for a couple of days.......so I will try the recommendations, but I have yet to find an oasis in pizza wasteland.

It was probably the gyro sauce. For some reason restaurants leave out all day dressings and sauces that need to be refrigerated. I got sick from a sub at Subway because I order ranch on it. If you notice at Subway's that they leave the ranch dressing out on the counter w/ the vinegar and oil.

I would doubt that it was the ranch dressing that made you sick.

Most commercially made condiments and dressings are so chalk full of preservatives that they actually don't require refrigeration at all.

The "refrigerate after opening" direction is for consistency and quality, but not necessarily safety.

Unrefrigerated, a lot of that stuff will become unpalatable and gross but not unsafe for consumption.

I read that you could leave commercially produced mayonnaise unsealed and at room temperature for years before it would actually become contaminated.

Oh no! I wouldn't eat mayo that was two hrs. old. Some of that ranch has ingredients that should be refrigerated or it will grow bacteria. Well that's what I have convinced myself of anyway. Safety girl!

31Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 4/27/2016, 3:30 am

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:Oh no! I wouldn't eat mayo that was two hrs. old. Some of that ranch has ingredients that should be refrigerated or it will grow bacteria. Well that's what I have convinced myself of anyway. Safety girl!

I get it, Viking.   My late father was a germaphobe, and I had that kind of concern pounded into me from very early on, even though I know intellectually that the problem at picnics is not the mayo but the tuna or chicken.  

Still, we eat lunch at Subway once a week (as part of a weekly biking expedition) and I'll admit I never worried about their condiments.  I'll have to notice or ask next time whether the metal trays they keep them standing in are refrigerated.  On the other hand, we haven't gotten food poisoning in all our many visits there.

32Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/4/2016, 4:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Never noticed the sign.  I'm incredibly paranoid when it comes to parking in tow away areas.  

All I can tell you is that the New Yorker has an understanding (maybe even a financial one, for all I know) with the dental office.  It is DEFINITELY NOT a tow-away situation after hours -- get on your smart phone next time you have a craving, call NY and they'll tell you it's OK for overflow parking.  We have parked over there innumerable times, as have many, many other cars, and it's never a problem during the allowed hours.  

Since you love the place, hope you can damp down your paranoia and enjoy.  
Smile

Saw this sign at the Advantage Dental Office today.......across from New Yorker Deli.

Wrong pizza - Page 2 20160510

33Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/4/2016, 5:48 pm

RealLindaL

I just called the New Yorker and chatted for a while.  It is perfectly OK to park in the dental lot after 4 p.m.   Use common sense, though; if you see people coming and going from that building and several cars that would seem to indicate some evening work is going on, best not to use that lot.  This is not common.

Alternatively, I learned, the lot for the closed Cazadores Mexican restaurant immediately next door to the New Yorker is available for New Yorker's customers to use at any hour, at least until someone buys that building, which does not appear to be anywhere near imminent.  They say they have permission.

Hope this helps Boards et al, and I'll be interested to hear what Seaoat thinks of the pizza.

34Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/4/2016, 9:56 pm

2seaoat

I am here at ny. I like the music selection and parked in the dentist office. I do like the flavor of the place and have ordered sausage, mushroom, and extra cheese. I am enjoying a kali be non alcohol beer. We will see

35Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/4/2016, 10:20 pm

Sal

Sal

Whenever checking out a new pizza joint, you should order a plain cheese or pepperoni pizza.

That'll give you the best feel for the quality of the pie.

36Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/4/2016, 11:06 pm

2seaoat

Great crust, nice blend of cheese and sauce, and flavorful mushrooms and sausage. It actually was a good pizza. I have gone 20 years and have not had a decent pizza in Navarre, Milton, and Pensacola, but this pizza was surprisingly good. I saved two pieces for the breakfast test......cold pizza should taste great the next morning.....we will see, but I will definitely be back next week before returning to Illinois. I liked the flavor of the place, and they were playing great music....well until I heard some elevator music.

37Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/5/2016, 12:22 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Great crust, nice blend of cheese and sauce, and flavorful mushrooms and sausage.  It actually was a good pizza.  I have gone 20 years and have not had a decent pizza in Navarre, Milton, and Pensacola, but this pizza was surprisingly good.  I saved two pieces for the breakfast test......cold pizza should taste great the next morning.....we will see, but I will definitely be back next week before returning to Illinois.  I liked the flavor of the place, and they were playing great music....well until I heard some elevator music.

cheers cheers cheers     So glad you enjoyed!!!!  Thanks for letting us know.  Love that you posted from the restaurant -- sort of like a forum tweet. lol           Do let us know if New Yorker passes the breakfast test.  

And don't forget to try the Reuben if you get a chance and are so inclined.

38Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/5/2016, 11:32 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Had Sky Pizza last night. Got the 24" Pepperoni. Generally when you get a "large" from anywhere else (which may be 18"), the bottom of the box is saturated in grease. But not with Sky.

39Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/5/2016, 1:33 pm

2seaoat

Passed the breakfast test with flying colors. Nice blend of flavors, and a very well made crust. The best part that I am not that far off interstate 10 in Milton and it is a hop skip and jump to get to this location. I love the views of Garcon Point at dusk. The tower they bring the pizza on is a little bit cheesy, but the pizza more than makes up for that gimmick. Saw a great many people coming in and hugging each other so it reminds me of a nice neighborhood pizza joint that you would find when not in pizza wasteland. I told the wait staff that this pizza place was recommended on the Pensacola discussion forum, and that I am a harsh critic from the Chicago area and they passed the test......she seemed excited.......I should have said I was from the IRS and I was there to collect five thousand dollars in back taxes, and that we only take twenties.

40Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/5/2016, 4:00 pm

RealLindaL

LOL, sea.  Too funny.  

Next time I'm in there I'll have to tell our favorite server, "Christian," that I'd like a commission on all sales to new customers referred by this forum.   (Ha.)

(If by chance you get Christian next time, even though we're regulars he doesn't likely remember our names, but you can always refer to us as the Pensacola Beach couple who drove him and his bike home from the beach one day when he missed the bus.)

In any event, so glad you've discovered this favorite locals place, and wish you many more yummy experiences there.  Have not had a bad meal there yet.  Everything is unfailingly good.

For some reason I thought you were in Navarre these days (not the beach, the town). Shows how well I've been paying attention.  In any case, it's great that NY is a short trip for you - presume I-10 to Scenic Highway -- and again hope you'll be able to enjoy it more times, not just next week but all next winter.      __LL

41Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/5/2016, 5:19 pm

2seaoat

I shower and do laundry in our rental house in Navarre having completed repairs to the same,
and it is now being advertised for rent. However, I am spending the night in the Project and using a generator during the day to charge a battery for evenings. Pretty grim existence, and I will return to Northwestern shortly to get shots and then about 10 days back to the project......this cool weather has been my salvation. I know how much time I have by my pill boxes......and if it was not for the cinco thread, I would not even know the date.....I only get local on air tv, and my internet is slow and not too dependable. However, I had a egg McMuffin and two slices of pizza this morning.....does not get much better. I am wiring a 200 amp box this evening for a duplex 2hp sewer grinder pumps which will take the waste to the forced main sewer system. I simply do not have the strength anymore to bend 200 amp aluminum wire. If I get lucky and can get the wire in the conduit.....I will shower in Navarre and probably hit one of the Navarre restaurants tonight, or not if I am exhausted.....then I eat my cereal.....pops, corn flakes......or a real treat trixs.

42Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/6/2016, 1:58 am

RealLindaL

Well, sea, congrats on getting the rental house repairs done.  That must be a major weight off your shoulders.   The "Project" living arrangements sure don't sound like much fun.
Egg McMuffin and pizza for breakfast -- wow, I'm envious.  
So what did you do for dinner in the end tonight?   And that also reminds me to ask: do you like the East Bay Crab House in Navarre at all?  We haven't been in a couple of years for various reasons, and had mixed feelings about the place the few times we did go.  For one thing, the salad situation was insultingly chintzy, not a good tone to set.  
Believe it or not, we went to the New Yorker for supper (just salads tonight), and I mentioned you to our fave server, Christian.  He's pretty sure he's the one who, though not your server, brought the pizza to your table on Wednesday night.   He seemed to clearly remember you, described you a little bit (though of course I couldn't confirm what you looked like).  Said he'd look for you next week.  You can always ask for him if desired -  he's usually pretty good, works hard, though he's under some personal stress right now re living arrangements.  Long story.  
But before I forget, I wanted to address your comment about the pedestals the pizza is served on.   Not sure what your real problem with them was -- was it the materials of construction, or just the fact of pedestals at all? (And yes, yes, I know it wasn't a true problem.)  Certainly they're a big help in not taking up much table-top space where it's already quite limited.   I should go back and read that prior post of  yours, but it's late and I'm headed for bed.  Pardon me if I misunderstood what you said.
I find it far easier to talk about pizza pedestals than politics right now.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment.

43Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/6/2016, 3:09 pm

2seaoat

My server was a female, but a male with a beard brought me the pizza.

East end crab is a hit and miss and the last two times we went it was a miss. I had some incredible fish there over the years, but not so much lately. I will try it when the wife comes back down.

44Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/10/2016, 12:48 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:My server was a female, but a male with a beard brought me the pizza.

East end crab is a hit and miss and the last two times we went it was a miss.  I had some incredible fish there over the years, but not so much lately.  I will try it when the wife comes back down.

The young man with the beard was Christian -- he's been a server there for years.   Did you get back there yet, Sea?   You don't have to worry about Christian outing you (even though you did that to me the last time I wrote a PNJ Viewpoint).    He knows that we don't know each others' names, and I would never ask.  

Let us know how the food is if/when you try East Bay again.  We hesitate to make the trip to Navarre during the bird nesting season as it takes forever to get there due to speed restrictions.  Could go 98 of course but that misses out on all the beauty.

45Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/10/2016, 3:18 am

2seaoat

I was told by a neighbor that downtown Milton had great pizza across the street from the Courthouse. I tried it Sunday. I called in a small cheese sausage mushroom and extra cheese pizza. The price was fair at ten dollars, and the lady said it would be available in fifteen minutes. That was my first clue that something was not right. Well I get there fifteen minutes, and the girl tells me that it is not ready and would I pay. Ok, I paid and sat down. They have this junk store in the front, and their sit down restaurant in the back.....a very bizarre set up with two cash registers where they sell fudge and the other junk on one cash register, and the food on the other. Well about five people came in an picked up their pizza, and two guys actually ordered two pizzas after I had been waiting fifteen minutes. Forty five minutes later the two guys got their pizza and I was piszed. I went up and said where is the seaoat pizza....I am so sorry sir......I am so sorry......she then brings out what looks like a hamburger box with a four tiny slice pizza that I would pay five bucks at pizza hut, and I told her that I would never be back and will write an online review that evening.....the Pizza was HORRIBLE. Hardly edible. i have gotten so gun shy in pizza wasteland that other than NY, my experiences just keep getting worse.

46Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/10/2016, 4:50 pm

RealLindaL

Horrible story, sea. I'm personally more chagrined that they wasted so much of your precious time, than that the pizza was terrible -- though that in itself was bad enough. What kind of a place is this??? They should have given you every penny back. Good grief.

47Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/10/2016, 11:58 pm

2seaoat

Its called boomerang pizza and it is a bizzare set up and somebody else can try it and maybe have a better experience, but it is a very strange place with this knick Knack store and a counter where they sell fudge. You have to snake through this store stocked with junk to get to a back room where you sit down and dine in for pizza.......It looked like a couple people really got drunk and came up with this idea......kind of like the old days when Bob would post after ten pm.

48Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/11/2016, 12:38 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:It looked like a couple people really got drunk and came up with this idea......kind of like the old days when Bob would post after ten pm.

LOL on the pizza place, but (fortunately or unfortunately for me) I must've missed those old late night sessions with Bob.

49Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/24/2016, 12:36 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

The best in Pensacola (if you like NY style).  

This is a 24" pepperoni.  The size of the box is comical.  But notice how little grease there is for a pizza of that size.  

Wrong pizza - Page 2 ZbyqUBQ

Wrong pizza - Page 2 OfudaOw

http://www.skyspizzapie.com/

50Wrong pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrong pizza 5/24/2016, 1:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Looks good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum