Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does the pizza delivery guy negotiate?

+3
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who is at fault here?

Does the pizza delivery guy negotiate? I_vote_lcap0%Does the pizza delivery guy negotiate? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Does the pizza delivery guy negotiate? I_vote_lcap100%Does the pizza delivery guy negotiate? I_vote_rcap 100% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

You order a pizza and pay for it online.  A half hour later, the pizza delivery guy shows up.  He hands you your order and a credit card slip for you to sign and tip; however, you're suddenly thirsty.  You demand that the pizza delivery guy give you a 2 liter drink or else you're not going to proceed.  He obviously declines.  You then ask him to negotiate.  Perhaps he should give you a 20 oz  drink?  He still refuses.  You find this refusal to negotiate ridiculous, and you insist that he is presenting you with an "all or nothing" proposition.  You are now at an em passe.

Who is at fault here?  Is this the fault of the pizza guy, and his unwillingness to negotiate?  Are you being a douche bag for demanding a drink?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I really cannot say because I don't know if pizza delivery people keep extra drinks in their vehicles or what the pizza company's policy is about changing or adding to orders at delivery.   If he didn't have an extra drink and/or if he was following company policy...you cannot blame him.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:You order a pizza and pay for it online.  A half hour later, the pizza delivery guy shows up.  He hands you your order and a credit card slip for you to sign and tip; however, you're suddenly thirsty.  You demand that the pizza delivery guy give you a 2 liter drink or else you're not going to proceed.  He obviously declines.  You then ask him to negotiate.  Perhaps he should give you a 20 oz  drink?  He still refuses.  You find this refusal to negotiate ridiculous, and you insist that he is presenting you with an "all or nothing" proposition.  You are now at an em passe.

Who is at fault here?  Is this the fault of the pizza guy, and his unwillingness to negotiate?  Are you being a douche bag for demanding a drink?
you being a douche bag for demanding a drink.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:You order a pizza and pay for it online.  A half hour later, the pizza delivery guy shows up.  He hands you your order and a credit card slip for you to sign and tip; however, you're suddenly thirsty.  You demand that the pizza delivery guy give you a 2 liter drink or else you're not going to proceed.  He obviously declines.  You then ask him to negotiate.  Perhaps he should give you a 20 oz  drink?  He still refuses.  You find this refusal to negotiate ridiculous, and you insist that he is presenting you with an "all or nothing" proposition.  You are now at an em passe.

you being a douche bag for demanding a drink.
Yea, probably.  I am just guessing here....but I bet company policy is for the driver to deliver and collect money for only what was in the original order.  Otherwise...what if a lot of people wanted to change their orders at their front door?   The pizza delivery guy cannot do that.

Also--"demanding" that the pizza guy do something other than what you ordered is pretty douche baggy too.   You could ask politely if you can order an extra drink, but then you should accept the answer.

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/16/2013, 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total

For ten bucks the kid would prolly run to the store for you.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:For ten bucks the kid would prolly run to the store for you.
lol...true.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

This is an easy answer. You're being a douche bag. I really kinda feel sorry for these delivery drivers, they have to put up with a lot of bullshit from a lot of idiots.

ImpishScoundrel wrote:

This is an easy answer. You're being a douche bag. I really kinda feel sorry for these delivery drivers, they have to put up with a lot of bullshit from a lot of idiots.
I highly doubt it's him... he's most likely going to draw some political analogy.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:

This is an easy answer.  You're being a douche bag.  I really kinda feel sorry for these delivery drivers, they have to put up with a lot of bullshit from a lot of idiots.
I highly doubt it's him... he's most likely going to draw some political analogy.
I think you're right.  He's probably talking about the Democrats with the all or nothing comment.Razz

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/16/2013, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

PkrBum wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:

This is an easy answer.  You're being a douche bag.  I really kinda feel sorry for these delivery drivers, they have to put up with a lot of bullshit from a lot of idiots.
Then he's still a douche bag for attempting to use a lowly pizza delivery guy for a political analogy?? Damn political hacks, always got to zap the fun out of everything.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:

Then he's still a douche bag for attempting to use a lowly pizza delivery guy for a political analogy??  Damn political hacks, always got to zap the fun out of everything.
Well, pizza delivery people could probably do a better job negotiating than Congress does.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Nekochan wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:

Then he's still a douche bag for attempting to use a lowly pizza delivery guy for a political analogy??  Damn political hacks, always got to zap the fun out of everything.
Well, pizza delivery people could probably do a better job negotiating than Congress does.
That's not saying much. My 7 yr old little Impress can negotiate better than congress.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:

That's not saying much.  My 7 yr old little Impress can negotiate better than congress.
lol..

Jake92

A good delivery person would get 2 drinks from the car and shake the shit out of one but not the other.. The one the customer gets depends on the size of the tip.. LMAO

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:I really cannot say because I don't know if pizza delivery people keep extra drinks in their vehicles or what the pizza company's policy is about changing or adding to orders at delivery.   If he didn't have an extra drink and/or if he was following company policy...you cannot blame him.
Let me clarify that you are not asking to purchase a drink. You are demanding that he give you a drink in exchange for paying for the order that he brought to you. You are essentially under the impression that you deserve something in exchange for simply doing your job of paying the pizza delivery guy. You are refusing to pay for your order unless he gives you a drink.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:you being a douche bag for demanding a drink.

Why? I want to complete the order. The pizza guy wants to complete the order. We all want to complete the order and just move on. In order to accomplish this, I am willing to sit down and negotiate over what type of drink the pizza guy will give me. He is the one who refuses negotiate over what type of concession he will give me. How does that make me the douchebag?

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I really cannot say because I don't know if pizza delivery people keep extra drinks in their vehicles or what the pizza company's policy is about changing or adding to orders at delivery.   If he didn't have an extra drink and/or if he was following company policy...you cannot blame him.
Let me clarify that you are not asking to purchase a drink.  You are demanding that he give you a drink in exchange for paying for the order that he brought to you.  You are essentially under the impression that you deserve something in exchange for simply doing your job of paying the pizza delivery guy.  You are refusing to pay for your order unless he gives you a drink.
That's crazy but some people do think they should get things for free. Someone has to pay for it.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

boards of FL wrote:
Why?  I want to complete the order.  The pizza guy wants to complete the order.  We all want to complete the order and just move on.  In order to accomplish this, I am willing to sit down and negotiate over what type of drink the pizza guy will give me.  He is the one who refuses negotiate over what type of concession he will give me.  How does that make me the douchebag?
Well, to expound upon this shitty analogy...

I'd shove the pizza up Obama's ass, then tell him it's on the house. After that, he can do whatever he wants with the pizza.

Oh wait, this was about a pizza guy and an innocent customer? My bad.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Why?  I want to complete the order.  The pizza guy wants to complete the order.  We all want to complete the order and just move on.  In order to accomplish this, I am willing to sit down and negotiate over what type of drink the pizza guy will give me.  He is the one who refuses negotiate over what type of concession he will give me.  How does that make me the douchebag?
He is a delivery man....delivering what you ordered. He is not in a position to negotiate additional items.....items that he probably doesn't have.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Does the pizza man have the ability to offer you a drink?  Is it even a negotiable point?   Some things aren't negotiable because they are an impossibility.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:That's crazy but some people do think they should get things for free. Someone has to pay for it.

But I'm willing to pay for my delivery in exchange for the drink.  Granted, I'm not actually paying for the drink, but I am willing to do something (pay for the rest of my order), in exchange for the drink.  

Hell, I have even given the pizza delivery guy several proposals.  He refused on the 2 liter, so I submitted a proposal for a 20 oz:

"I will agree to sign the credit card slip if you include 1 20oz drink with my order."

He rejected that.

"I will agree to sign the credit card slip if you give me a free bottled water."

He rejected that.

I even abandoned the drink idea all together and just tried to get any concession, in good faith, so that we could simply move on....

"I will agree to sign the credit card slip if you return to the shop and add free pepperoni to my order"

But, alas, he rejected that as well.

Clearly I am the one who is serious about solving this debacle, aren't I?  Isn't this guy showing somewhat of a lack of leadership here?  He is a professional pizza delivery guy.  Why can't he lead me to a resolution that we all agree on so that we can each resume our lives?

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:That's crazy but some people do think they should get things for free. Someone has to pay for it.
But I'm willing to pay for my delivery in exchange for the drink.  Granted, I'm not actually paying for the drink, but I am willing to do something (pay for the rest of my order), in exchange for the drink.  

Hell, I have even given the pizza delivery guy several proposals.  He refused on the 2 liter, so I submitted a proposal for a 20 oz:

"I will agree to sign the credit card slip if you include 1 20oz drink with my order."

He rejected that.

"I will agree to sign the credit card slip if you give me a free bottled water."

Ge rejected that.

I even abandoned the drink idea all together and just tried to get any concession, in good faith, so that we could simply move on....

"I will agree to sign the credit card slip if you return to the shop and add free pepperoni to my order"

Clearly I am the one who is serious about solving this debacle, aren't I?  Isn't this guy showing somewhat of a lack of leadership here?  He is a professional pizza delivery guy.  Why can't he lead me to a resolution that we all agree on so that we can each resume our lives?  
I think you're expecting way too much out of a pizza delivery guy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

He rejected that.

He rejected that.

lol! 

boards of FL

boards of FL

Seriously though, demanding a drink from the pizza delivery guy in exchange for simply doing your part in paying for your order is only something a giant douche would do.

If only congressional republicans possessed this logic.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:Seriously though, demanding a drink from the pizza delivery guy in exchange for simply doing your part in paying for your order is only something a giant douche would do.

If only congressional republicans possessed this logic.
So Congressional Democrats are the pizza guy?Razz

Or is Obama the pizza guy?  Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum