Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A proposition...

+15
gatorfan
Wordslinger
2seaoat
Sal
RottiesRule
Damaged Eagle
RealLindaL
knothead
Joanimaroni
Markle
Telstar
Vikingwoman
othershoe1030
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Future of the forum

A proposition... - Page 10 I_vote_lcap48%A proposition... - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 48% [ 16 ]
A proposition... - Page 10 I_vote_lcap52%A proposition... - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 52% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 33

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 14]

226A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 1:38 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Salinsky wrote:I've actually been posting on several.

The biggest one is the Democratic Underground.

The charm of the PDF forum is that it is intimate, but that also makes it pretty damn boring.

It is not at all uncommon to start a thread at DU and have 100-200 replies in six hours or less.

I didn't think that I would like it at first, because it's all Democrats posting, and I thought it would be all kumbaya.

Boy, was that wrong.

I have been piled on there from the left more viciously than I ever had done to me by the wingnutz on this backwater forum.

And, they're whip smart.

It's quite a bit of fun when you get the hang of it.

Pro tip:  They have a Hillary group there and a Bernie group and then gobs of open categories.

I didn't realize it, but threads started by the respective candidates groups are for cheerleading only and are heavily moderated by members.

I was banned from both the Hillary and Bernie groups within the first 24 hours.

Hilarious.

From the looks of the poll, I'm going to be spending even more time there.

I hope y'all enjoy your Markle forum.

Idiots.

SON OF A GUN, I just opened an account there myself a couple of weeks ago. Post on the Breaking News and General Discussion mostly. If you pm me your user name I'll pm you mine. See you around.

227A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 1:42 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Just registered. I'm boards of fl.

228A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 1:58 pm

Sal

Sal

I'm salinsky at DU.

Aren't we creative?

I've actually been admonished several times for using that moniker because I'm not liberal enough.

Hilarious.

DU has really crystallized my view of the Democratic primary.

Before I started posting there, I really didn't have a strong preference of candidate.

Both, Hillary and Bernie were perfectly palatable to me for different reasons.

I am solidly in the Hillary camp now.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely vote for whomever the nominee is, but there's something really off putting about the characteristics common to many Sanders supporters.

One of the main things is that many of his supporters vow to never vote for Clinton, and perhaps even vote for the Republican should she get the nomination, just to "burn it all down".

Conversely, Hillary voters are nearly unanimous about their intention to vote for whomever the candidate ends up being.

Bernie Bros come off as immature, delusional, and sometimes misogynistic.

I suspect many of them aren't really Democrats at all, and had Bernie not come along they would be voting Green or Libertarian.

There is something very gamergate about their qualities.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to some of those qualities manifesting themselves in their candidate.

I would highly recommend the DU forum to Wordslinger.

If you don't wish to join it, just read it for a while to get a sense of where the two camps are coming from.

It was an eye-opener for me.

Last edited by Salinsky on 4/13/2016, 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

229A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 2:00 pm

Where is the DU forum based?

230A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 2:02 pm

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:Where is the DU forum based?  

I believe it's based in Maryland, but it is truly international in scope.

231A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 2:07 pm

Vikingwoman

I post on a forum that has participants from all over the world. It's very interesting to read what people in other countries think of us. One guy is from Ireland and posts about American politics all the time to the ire of the wingnuts. Yes, there are many of those but they don't let them get out of hand. They have a point system but hardly anyone gives negative points except the wingnuts. I don't know if it is by invitation only as they solicited me by email. Don't know where they got my email address.

232A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 2:20 pm

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Really?  Looks like some of you have been campaigning.  What, is the entire pensacoladaily forum going to login again just to vote?

Sal, can you PM the new forum that you found?  It appears I will be heading that way.

NO one want's you to leave, lease of all me.

I promise to ease up on you or, if you prefer, simply not respond to anything you post as I do with, in my personal opinion, our most hateful, person who relishes in personal attacks.

In total honesty, I never thought someone would take anything so personally on a small, friendly forum.

My bad.

So please, all of you stay, we'll put this behind us, better yet, perhaps you could erase all the related "polls" and whatever, and just move on.

I've been in commission sales for over 40 years. The vast majority were peaceful transactions. Some turned vitriolic. That said, it is virtually impossible to offend me. I learned, back in the beginning, that what is being objected to or the party finds offensive or whatever is not ME personally but my idea, my point.

Let's all take a deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Maybe some Zen, Yoga or whatever.

There is NO one on this forum I hate. I detest some of their ideas.

Let's shake hands and come our feuding.

233A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 2:21 pm

Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Where is the DU forum based?  

I believe it's based in Maryland, but it is truly international in scope.

Thanks. I'll do some reading this evening.

234A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 2:30 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Salinsky wrote:I'm salinsky at DU.

Aren't we creative?

I've actually been admonished several times for using that moniker because I'm not liberal enough.

Hilarious.

Before I started posting there, I really didn't have a strong preference of candidate.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely vote for whomever the nominee is, but there's something really off putting about the characteristics common to many Sanders supporters.

One of the main things is that many of his supporters vow to never vote for Clinton, and perhaps even vote for the Republican should she get the nomination, just to "burn it all down".

Conversely, Hillary voters are nearly unanimous about their intention to vote for whomever the candidate ends up being.

I suspect many of them aren't really Democrats at all, and had Bernie not come along they would be voting Green or Libertarian.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to some of those qualities manifesting themselves in their candidate.

If you don't wish to join it, just read it for a while to get a sense of where the two camps are coming from.

OMG, I'm thinking what you write before I see it. Amazing we all signed up about the same time. Agree about the Berniebots. They have a Roveian smell about them. I'll say hello to you and Boards on that forum. Later.

235A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 3:05 pm

Aren't we creative?

Hilarious.

An interesting post... thanks.

236A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 3:15 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Aren't we creative?

Hilarious.

I agree with you on the Sanders supporters and that is why I am now in the Clinton camp as well. They're starting to go a little overboard, particularly on sites like reddit. The politics section of that site is very solidly in support of Sanders, and they have gone as far as to re-post pure crap from places like GatewayPundit and the Washington Times. The ends do not justify the means.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics

237A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 3:23 pm

Sal

Sal

I just started a thread on DU entitled, "If Bernie can't figure out how to work the nominating process ..." in the General Discussion: Primaries (Forum).

The fur's gonna fly.

238A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 3:30 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Im struggling to follow the discussions over there due to the way that the threads are laid out. Will take some getting used to.

239A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 3:33 pm

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:Im struggling to follow the discussions over there due to the way that the threads are laid out.  Will take some getting used to.

It is a little clunky, but you'll get the hang of it.

240A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 3:44 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

boards of FL wrote:

Aren't we creative?

Hilarious.

I agree with you on the Sanders supporters and that is why I am now in the Clinton camp as well.  They're starting to go a little overboard, particularly on sites like reddit.  The politics section of that site is very solidly in support of Sanders, and they have gone as far as to re-post pure crap from places like GatewayPundit and the Washington Times.  The ends do not justify the means.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics

Wow...just WOW. I don't fit any of Sal's descriptives, but I'm a serious Bernie Sanders supporter. How do you even know the posters are Democrats? How do you know they're even supporters of either Bernie or Hillary? I'm certainly not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I strongly support Bernie, mainly because I know his record. That doesn't mean I would support any Republican or burn the place down because my candidate doesn't get the nomination. That's ludicrous, and I've said as much across multiple sites. I don't post at DU, but I often access them when researching a subject. I think I'll register there, too. But if Boards leaves this forum, I'm also gone...for good this time.

241A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 3:51 pm

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:

Wow...just WOW.  I don't fit any of Sal's descriptives, but I'm a serious Bernie Sanders supporter.  How do you even know the posters are Democrats?  How do you know they're even supporters of either Bernie or Hillary?  I'm certainly not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I strongly support Bernie, mainly because I know his record.  That doesn't mean I would support any Republican or burn the place down because my candidate doesn't get the nomination.  That's ludicrous, and I've said as much across multiple sites.    I don't post at DU, but I often access them when researching a subject.  I think I'll register there, too.  But if Boards leaves this forum, I'm also gone...for good this time.  

I strongly encourage you to spend more time there Tex.

I loved Bernie's campaign until very recently, and sill do in many respects.

His supporters?

Not always so much anymore.

It's always good to get a better understanding of with whom your aligning yourself.

242A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 4:06 pm

Damaged Eagle

Damaged Eagle

A proposition... - Page 10 9k=

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOd2NuHgwew

Razz

243A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 4:23 pm

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Really?  Looks like some of you have been campaigning.  What, is the entire pensacoladaily forum going to login again just to vote?

Sal, can you PM the new forum that you found?  It appears I will be heading that way.

I promise to ease up on you or, if you prefer, simply not respond to anything you post as I do with, in my personal opinion, our most hateful, person who relishes in personal attacks.

In total honesty, I never thought someone would take anything so personally on a small, friendly forum.

My bad.

So please, all of you stay, we'll put this behind us, better yet, perhaps you could erase all the related "polls" and whatever, and just move on.

I've been in commission sales for over 40 years. The vast majority were peaceful transactions. Some turned vitriolic. That said, it is virtually impossible to offend me. I learned, back in the beginning, that what is being objected to or the party finds offensive or whatever is not ME personally but my idea, my point.

Let's all take a deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Maybe some Zen, Yoga or whatever.

There is NO one on this forum I hate. I detest some of their ideas.

That's very gracious and reasonable of you markle... but I'm afraid he doesn't recognize either of those characteristics... as you'll note that he doesn't even respond. He unfortunately has no internal context or conceptual understanding of such things.

244A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 4:44 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

My bad.

I've been in commission sales for over 40 years.  The vast majority were peaceful transactions.  Some turned vitriolic.  That said, it is virtually impossible to offend me.  I learned, back in the beginning, that what is being objected to or the party finds offensive or whatever is not ME personally but my idea, my point.

Let's all take a deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth.  Maybe some Zen, Yoga or whatever.

There is NO one on this forum I hate.  I detest some of their ideas.

That's very gracious and reasonable of you markle... but I'm afraid he doesn't recognize either of those characteristics... as you'll note that he doesn't even respond. He unfortunately has no internal context or conceptual understanding of such things.

Character flaw?

245A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 4:52 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

My bad.

I've been in commission sales for over 40 years.  The vast majority were peaceful transactions.  Some turned vitriolic.  That said, it is virtually impossible to offend me.  I learned, back in the beginning, that what is being objected to or the party finds offensive or whatever is not ME personally but my idea, my point.

Let's all take a deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth.  Maybe some Zen, Yoga or whatever.

Character flaw?

I'd thght it was just poor parenting... but the further it's gone I think psychological disorder is most likely.

246A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 5:09 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

My bad.

You're mistaking graciousness with someone pleading to not be banned. And I don't expect you to recognize the difference because you're an idiot. That much is very well established on this forum.

247A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 5:13 pm

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

My bad.

You're mistaking graciousness with someone pleading to not be banned. And I don't expect you to recognize the difference because you're an idiot. That much is very well established on this forum.

He wrote that while in the lead stupid.

248A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 5:14 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

My bad.

You're mistaking graciousness with someone pleading to not be banned.  And I don't expect you to recognize the difference because you're an idiot.  That much is very well established on this forum.

And he is apparently smarter than you are.

249A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 5:21 pm

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

My bad.

You're mistaking graciousness with someone pleading to not be banned.  And I don't expect you to recognize the difference because you're an idiot.  That much is very well established on this forum.

And he is apparently smarter than you are.

Hahahahahahahaha ...

250A proposition... - Page 10 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/13/2016, 5:32 pm

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:This other forum being talked about is starting to sound eerily similiar to back when the PNJ Forum had a "secret room" that only the elite upper echelon posters were allowed to know about.  The secret room was never revealed to us peons.  To find out how to get to it,  you had to be one of the elite.  lol

Sounds like the DailyKOS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum