Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possibly brace yourself for another tornado tomorrow.

+7
Sal
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
RealLindaL
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For those who don't know,  the way a tornado is ranked is entirely different from how they rank hurricanes. 
The only thing the hurricane scale (Saffir Simpson) and the tornado scale (EF or "Enhanced Fujita") have in common,  is they both rank the respective storms with five levels of intensity (1 to 5).

The ranking a hurricane receives is based on actually measuring the wind speed and the barometric pressure. 

But tornadoes are ranked only by visualy observing the damage.  When they look at the damage they then attempt to estimate the wind speed.  And that estimate gives them the ranking,  1 through 5.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Please note that was only recently added to the PNJ.

Let me try to explain to you how google works,  seaoat.

Firstly,  I found that and posted it at "11:55 AM".  As you can see that time is specified on the post.
So now let's look at it again.
You will see "Pensacola Jews Journal" in green letters which I have encircled in red.
Immediately beside that to the right of it you will see "12 Hours Ago".

SO,  when I found that at roughly noontime,  it had been added to the PNJ website 12 hours prior to that.  Which of course means it was added last night about midnight.

Haha, Bob..."Pensacola Jews Journal".

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The latest I've heard on this is that the police are out in force in the area and no one gets in or out unless they're residents. I appreciate the police for stepping up here...many are working extra hours.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
The latest I've heard on this is that the police are out in force in the area and no one gets in or out unless they're residents.  I appreciate the police for stepping up here...many are working extra hours.  

Later in the afternoon I tried to get close to the Moorings and the townhouses on Scenic.  Olive Rd is closed between 9th and Johnson Ave so I tried to come in via Johnson.  But that does no good because once you get on Olive,  Scenic Highway is closed south of Olive. 
And where they were letting us drive into Northpointe this morning,  all of that is now closed east of 9th Ave.
So what it amounts to is everything within that red border I put on the google map before is now closed off to all but residents for the time being. 
Just telling ya'll this so you won't bother to go rubbernecking.

The NorthEscambia site on FB has pictures of the devastation from the tornado.

https://www.facebook.com/northescambia/photos/a.1018350081560080.1073742348.165318000196630/1018350111560077/?type=3&theater

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:The NorthEscambia site on FB has pictures of the devastation from the tornado.

https://www.facebook.com/northescambia/photos/a.1018350081560080.1073742348.165318000196630/1018350111560077/?type=3&theater

When we look at the photos of the Grand Baroque townhomes,  I just cannot understand how all those people escaped serious injury. 
Because anything people could have escaped to as "safe rooms" before the tornado struck is also totally destroyed along with everything else.

Might reinforce the old adage, "It was not their time."

dumpcare

NOAA is predicting a very close same scenario on this Tuesday.

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:NOAA is predicting a very close same scenario on this Tuesday.

Tell me it isn't true!!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

WHAT!!!

Joanimaroni wrote:

WHAT!!!

Well iPhone says sunny to partly cloudy.

What does Bob say?

dumpcare

They have changed it from this morning.

https://weather.com/storms/severe/news/severe-thunderstorms-to-start-march

RealLindaL

According to that Weather.com site's graphics, we're possibly in for it Tuesday night.  That's not NOAA, of course, but they're usually fairly accurate on a short term forecast.   Four days?  Well....a bit far out, but we'll see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum