Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possibly brace yourself for another tornado tomorrow.

+7
Sal
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
RealLindaL
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Radar looks bad.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It's going to blow right past us and largely amount to nothing......  I have been looking at the Accuweather radar, and there is absolutely nothing following the big yellow blob dumping rain on us now.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It's going to blow right past us and largely amount to nothing......  I have been looking at the Accuweather radar, and there is absolutely nothing following the big yellow blob dumping rain on us now.

What about the stuff below us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What is upon us now is very similiar to what it's like to be in Oklahoma or North Alabama in April.  In other words,  tornado alley at the peak of the season.
The strongest El Nino on record kept the hurricanes away from us.  But now it's pushing tornado alley down to us as well.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The weather and the method of communicating the same has been bastardized by money.  Storms, rain, and snow get folks attention.  They tune in to listen to the dart throwers pump up risk beyond reality, and retain viewers and ratings.  It is common in Northern Illinois for TV folks to lead with severe weather warning to be described later, and the probability of the same is less than 20%, yet every festival, outdoor business, or golf course loses business because instead of putting the probability of a forecast and having a historical record of the puffing, there is no accountability.....the funniest is your local three degree challenge......more total bs.

Every portal to the public should have historical ratings as to probability of forecasts and compliance by the forecaster.   It is leeches and other brews pretending to be science which the dart throwers go unchallenged and profit.  It is so bad in Illinois, that I have written two local stations and raised the possibility of a lawsuit for their puffing which gains viewership, but hurts the outdoor businesses in the area.  Since contacting them they have significantly scaled back on the lead in stories and puffing which used to show rain every weekend, but now assign probabilities and instead of showing clouds and lightening graphics they show sunshine and a cloud which is pretty much admitting they do not know what the F they are doing.....sometimes even the worse dart thrower can hit a bullseye.

That's the same word salad that had me drive 800 miles round trip to Jacksonville last week.  That word salad lost all it's credibility with me after that.

knothead

knothead

It's coming down in torrents on the beach with a lot of lightning but all is well since I just got my signal restored so back to the UK/Al bb game!!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead wrote:It's coming down in torrents on the beach with a lot of lightning but all is well since I just got my signal restored so back to the UK/Al bb game!!!

Exactly where on the beach?  A tornado just came onto shore at Perdido Key.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EF2 -  130 mph.  Traveling across southwestern Escambia County moving northeast.

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:
knothead wrote:It's coming down in torrents on the beach with a lot of lightning but all is well since I just got my signal restored so back to the UK/Al bb game!!!

Exactly where on the beach?  A tornado just came onto shore at Perdido Key.

Just west of Peg Leg's Bob

Sal

Sal

We needed that win after the BS that went down in College Station.

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:

Yea, Humphrey got carried away and showed his frustration so I hope we make a 4th seed . . . . Ulis and Murray were awesome tonight.

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Yea, Humphrey got carried away and showed his frustration so I hope we make a 4th seed . . . . Ulis and Murray were awesome tonight.

It was a timeout, there was nothing malicious about it, how about a warning??

Ridiculous way to decide a game.

2seaoat

I hope you are right.

cool1

cool1

well we lost power got that back on-- My daughter and I was on my bed watching the news counting the minutes that tornado or whatever was suppose to come over us-then we heard something fall --wind picked up heard something fall ran into my closet -lights went out and Pete came and asked us where yall at I opened the door about an inch and told him were in the closet , he said it will be ok---that was it I went to bed slept through the rest, Pensacola got tore up in some places wow--- I should expect to see down limbs--I just got through cleaning the yard from last storm Rolling Eyes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Weather and what is conveyed to the public as forecast can hardly be called science.   Weather is complex.   Local talking heads pretending to be your scientist could flip a coin and be about as accurate.  We are just barely advancing beyond the stone age in weather modeling and use of computers, but the results are consistently bad......this coming from someone who has had live debates with Tom Skilling and is not fooled a bit by dart throwers or their deficiencies.

Once again you called it right seaoat.  The dart throwers predicted there would be tornados and it was all a false alarm because there were no tornados.  From now on when those dart throwers forecast tornados I'm going to ignore them like you advise.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My brother in law and sister in law live off of 9th in Camelot....they were standing on the porch checking the weather as the tornado went over. He said it was so loud.....they could not hear each other. She said it sounded like the proverbial freight train. I touched down about 2 blocks away.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When we see how those apartment buildings and homes were destroyed,  it's hard to believe there were no serious injuries or deaths.  I just heard one report which said no one even needed to be hospitalized.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

So far no fatalities reported. The brunt of the tornado (apparently one of them) was at the Moorings Apartments on N Scenic Hwy and Yacht Harbor S/D. 3 people hospitalized for injuries. A semi overturned in Santa Rosa.

cool1

cool1

Floridatexan wrote:
So far no fatalities reported.  The brunt of the tornado (apparently one of them) was at the Moorings Apartments on N Scenic Hwy and Yacht Harbor S/D.  3 people hospitalized for injuries.  A semi overturned in Santa Rosa.  

yep the pictures are horrible , I checked my yard and no limbs or nothing really

Some crazy weather. Talked to a friend and then my mom - both in the path of the tornado. Thankfully all is well but my word what a mess at the Moorings. It looks like a bomb went off. Amazing no one was killed and so few injuries. We had high winds in Niceville and lots of rain, lost power, but thankful we fared well.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Possibly brace yourself for another tornado tomorrow. - Page 2 Screen11[/url]

boards of FL

boards of FL

The tornado went directly through my neighborhood. Once again, I was lucky and my house was spared (lost my dogwood tree last week). I do have a friend who lives in the neighborhood about 300 yards away from my house who has fairly extensive damage. His enclosed back patio is destroyed, some roofing is gone, his shed is now in a neighbors tree, back yard privacy fence is gone, several trees down - one on his car. Nearly every house in that part of the neighborhood has some type of significant damage from what I could tell.

Still no power in the neighborhood, nor an ETA.

Any news on the Northpointe area? My sister has a rental house there. She lives out of state.

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/news/

Bob.....why does the PNJ have nothing in their lead stories this morning about confirmed tornados........it sure sounded like microbursts or tornados, but where is that science which can predict where a weather system is going to happen. Oh....there are tornados on the ground in La, and Ms......so heads up....great science....but where is the story of tornados?

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:Any news on the Northpointe area?  My sister has a rental house there.  She lives out of state.  

That's actually the neighborhood that got hit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum