Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possibly brace yourself for another tornado tomorrow.

+7
Sal
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
RealLindaL
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:Any news on the Northpointe area?  My sister has a rental house there.  She lives out of state.  

I drove through the western part of Northpointe on the way to a doctor's appointment this morning.  I was able to get on La Borde,  Le Jeune and La Nain.  But Le Grande was not accessible.  I didn't attempt to go east from there toward Harbor Square and The Moorings. 
In the area I was able to drive through it's like bds says.  Many houses have some roof damage and some have very extensive damage.

The main path of damage is inside the red border I put on this map...

Possibly brace yourself for another tornado tomorrow. - Page 3 Tornad10

2seaoat

Bob.....you are not one of those creepers who go to folks houses after a disaster trying to buy some of their destroyed stuff.....you seem to be attracted to other people's disasters.....old habits die hard.  I was just passing through Century when I happened onto the storm damage.....you were creeping.....probably stop at  accidents....right?

Just what people who have been hurt need.....creepers and gawkers. I always wondered why after Ivan Navarre Beach set a roadblock which required a local ID......the creepers and gawkers were all over it. I thought it was an over reaction.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There wasn't any tornado seaoat.  As you pointed out,  the dart throwers (aka meteorologists) are all practicing a bogus type of voodoo. 
Since the dart throwers are wrong and there was no tornado,  how could I be a "creeper". 

That sounds like a punk band.  "Creeper and the Dart Throwers".  lol

2seaoat

No really.....have you always hopped in the car and gone to disaster areas after the fact? I have a rental home in Milton which lined up with this area, but we texted the tenant and no damage, and it was right in the path of an apparent tornado, so whats up..........was it microbursts or tornados, and why didn't the PNJ say anything about a tornado this morning? North Escambia referenced an APPARENT tornado.....where is your science.....sounds like more dart throwing to me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually,  seaoat,  the meteorologists at NOAA's Storm Prediction
Center in Norman OK gave us two days advance warning that our area was going to be at very high risk for tornadoes between 7PM and 1AM on the night of the 23rd.  The tornado hit us at 8:15PM.   Their forecasting was spot on.

Thanks for the map, Bob.

2seaoat

Nonsense. Where are the specifics. Two thousand people in Pensacola will die from cancer in the next five years. That has a scientific basis, but it is light years away from coming up to someone and saying you are going to be stricken. The dart throwers give general forecasts. Before we left last week the weather people were saying that Milton was covered with fog......we drove all through Milton and never saw ANY fog, yet they were reporting the same. In Illinois weekend after weekend they predict rain and storms, and 80% of the time there is NOTHING, no consequences for all the business which is adversely harmed by dart throwers as people tune in and give dollars to TV stations which prey on fearful people. There was nothing specific that I could not have predicted two days prior looking at the radar......dart throwing. The science of weather is in its infancy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:Thanks for the map, Bob.  

I have a friend who lives on Beau Terra a couple blocks in from 9th Ave.
If you PM me the address of your sister's rental house I'll get him to try to take a look at it.

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Thanks for the map, Bob.  

I have a friend who lives on Beau Terra a couple blocks in from 9th Ave.
If you PM me the address of your sister's rental house I'll get him to try to take a look at it.

Thanks, Bob. Message sent.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

why didn't the PNJ say anything about a tornado this morning? 

The National Weather Service confirmed the Pensacola tornado last night.

I have no idea what is or is not in the PNJ because I haven't read it for several years.

Sal

Sal

We're under a tornado warning now.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: why didn't the PNJ say anything about a tornado this morning? 

Possibly brace yourself for another tornado tomorrow. - Page 3 Pnj10

2seaoat

Please note that was only recently added to the PNJ. It was a weather system which a four year old child throwing a dart at a map could have done a better job of predicting than what is happening currently. Yep....tornados on the ground in La.....bad weather coming....No chit.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Please note that was only recently added to the PNJ.

Let me try to explain to you how google works,  seaoat.

Firstly,  I found that and posted it at "11:55 AM".  As you can see that time is specified on the post.
So now let's look at it again.
You will see "Pensacola Jews Journal" in green letters which I have encircled in red.
Immediately beside that to the right of it you will see "12 Hours Ago".

SO,  when I found that at roughly noontime,  it had been added to the PNJ website 12 hours prior to that.  Which of course means it was added last night about midnight.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This is the front page of today's print-issue of the PNJ:

Possibly brace yourself for another tornado tomorrow. - Page 3 Pnj10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

It's my understanding that the National Weather Service was actually sending people to the area today to verify that it was indeed a tornado.   I don't know if they do that for all tornadoes but, when it's nighttime and no one can perhaps see a funnel cloud, it  perhaps makes sense that they would be looking at evidence on the ground to distinguish the event from straight line winds, microbursts, whatever.  That's all part of the science, I  believe.  No expert, just what I've read.
I'm kind of surprised to see Sea jumping on Bob about this.

I've seen two pics come upon FB, possibly WEAR TV, that show the funnel cloud during a lightning strike.

2seaoat

I'm kind of surprised to see Sea jumping on Bob about this.

Bob and I have been discussing hurricane predictions for 10 years since after Ivan.....he thinks they are pretty good.....I think they are still throwing darts at maps and mostly guessing. I have a real bitch with local weather attempting to catch viewers with faulty and scary forecasts which directly impact outdoor business, and hurts the economy. I just want straight up probabilities and a track record of forecasts so viewers can quickly tune in to those sources who provide the most accurate forecasts.......three degree temp challenge my asz, have an independent audit of forecasts and put the results on the screen below the weather broadcast.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Check out this drone video taken this morning of the Northpointe area:

https://vimeo.com/156585034?from=outro-embed

It is a breathtaking view of the damage... Ya'll can thank Mrs. Z for finding this in an obscure Facebook page and bringing it to Mr. Z's attention, so he could share it with his PDF friends.

There are three drone videos total. The first one shows the destruction in the neighborhood, and if you go to the 3:06 mark, you can see the destruction at the Moorings apartments. The third video was taken last night before the tornado struck. If you go to the 3:25 mark you can see the Moorings yet untouched. Some of the houses in the night video I saw as wrecked in the daytime video.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I'm kind of surprised to see Sea jumping on Bob about this.

Bob and I have been discussing hurricane predictions for 10 years since after Ivan.....he thinks they are pretty good.....I think they are still throwing darts at maps and mostly guessing.   I have a real bitch with local weather attempting to catch viewers with faulty and scary forecasts which directly impact outdoor business, and hurts the economy.   I just want straight up probabilities and a track record of forecasts so viewers can quickly tune in to those sources who provide the most accurate forecasts.......three degree temp challenge my asz, have an independent audit of forecasts and put the results on the screen below the weather broadcast.

For hurricane predictions, NOAA's National Hurricane Center is the best we've got.   They don't pretend to perfection, but they're constantly working to improve the science.   When the big storms threaten, they're the only ones I trust implicitly to have the best and most current info available.  As for our local TV people, WEAR-TV specifically, I've found they're largely hype and are not very accurate even on day-to-day 'normal' weather forecasts.  The Weather Channel/Weather.com has a far better record on that in my book.  Still, as for the day-to-day, my hubby says just look out the window.   Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was another EF3. 
That's two EF3 tornadoes in this county within a week.
The last one before that was about 30 years ago.

2seaoat

When I was driving on interstate 65 through Northern Alabama, we saw a bunch of semis with underground storm shelters heading south. I think more and more people are incorporating the same in new homes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2016/02/photos-see-aftermath-of-pensacola-tornado-from-the-air

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2016/02/photos-see-aftermath-of-pensacola-tornado-from-the-air

Those are some pretty vivid photos, Bob. I wonder if they were taken from the footage of the HD drone videos I posted above? That was some awesome video of the neighborhood you circled on that map. In one of the videos, it captures the Moorings apartments yesterday evening before the tornado blew threw.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dunno,  Z,  if the still photos are from the drone or maybe from the Governor's helicopter ride.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum