Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why in the name of fuck would anybody want to risk my sanity by putting up this fucking thread?

+4
PBulldog2
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t227-nice-going-bob-you-ran-off-eric-one-of-the-most-honest-posters-i-have-ever-seen-i-hope-you-re-happy

It should be obvious that my mental health is hanging by a thread. Has this world become so inhumane that somebody picks the name "Ghandi" and then does something like that thread? And then what about all the rest who piled right on? Do you hate me that much?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A question for you, Ghandi. What if I had come home and read that thread and it made me feel so bad that I took that Taurus Judge out of that cheap pine rolltop desk that I picked up on the side of the road in Pine Glades about two years ago, and I put it to my head and ended it all?
Would you even give a shit?

JPWmatw is the crazy one, not you.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, please don't talk like that. Sad I don't hate you, not at all. I don't think anyone on here hates you. I consider you to be one of my forum friends. I do understand why Eric was offended. I hope the two of you can work things out.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote: I do understand why Eric was offended.
Please copy and paste into this thread what I wrote that pissed off Eric. I at least need to know what it is I said that caused this. Then maybe I can try to make amends. Right now I don't know what brought this on.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ButtMan wrote:
Please copy and paste into this thread what I wrote that pissed off Eric. I at least need to know what it is I said that caused this. Then maybe I can try to make amends. Right now I don't know what brought this on.

Just a guess.....

Re: What is the nature of all existence? Yesterday at 1:00 pm
ButtMan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Fear controls us...We do everything we do because we are pussies. What happened to Davy Crocketts and Daniel Boones....no we got gay men and metrosexuals....Now they are talking about fining you for not buckling in your DOG !

I know what you mean. And take those men today who are scared shitless to piss off a mythical messiah who was dreamed up by some half-assed goatherders who lived at the same time everybody thought the world was flat because they're scared if they piss off that messiah they're gonna burn forerver in a place called hell which is run by a dude dressed up in a red costume with pointy ears and such. I just can't believe those pussies, can you? lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, I think that's it. But Bob, it's best to talk to Eric about it.

Bob,
First and foremost, no one hates you.

Please read the 1st post on the thread by Ghandi.

It is a direct quote from Eric.
Then go to the 2nd page and you will see my post and what I think may have happened.

As I stated in my post, you may have said something in the heat of battle that hurt Eric, even though it was directed at another poster.
You may have been throwing a grenade at Teo for his ugly remark, but unfortunately it hit Eric.

Regroup, talk to Eric and hopefully everything will be forgiven.

You guys are buddies and I hope this can be resolved.

Off topic, I've noticed that you avoid contact with me and I know I probably deserve it for the puppy fiasco.
I should have never pressured you into that situation and I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:
ButtMan wrote:

Just a guess.....

Re: What is the nature of all existence? Yesterday at 1:00 pm
ButtMan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Fear controls us...We do everything we do because we are pussies. What happened to Davy Crocketts and Daniel Boones....no we got gay men and metrosexuals....Now they are talking about fining you for not buckling in your DOG !

I know what you mean. And take those men today who are scared shitless to piss off a mythical messiah who was dreamed up by some half-assed goatherders who lived at the same time everybody thought the world was flat because they're scared if they piss off that messiah they're gonna burn forerver in a place called hell which is run by a dude dressed up in a red costume with pointy ears and such. I just can't believe those pussies, can you? lol

Oh. Well teo wrote the part in blue. And then I responded to that with the part in red.

What happened there is teo went to trashing homosexuals again like he's done over and over again. And this time he blabbers this shit that homosexuals are a result of "fear".
But Teo doesn't just trash homos. Teo also says he's a "Christian". Or at least he wants to believe he is. So I pointed out to him (the part in red) that when he spews that garbage about "fear", that's the pot calling the kettle black.
It was about Teo's constant queer bashing. Nothing more. If I insulted Eric I never intended that and I apologize.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RottiesRule wrote:Bob,

Then go to the 2nd page and you will see my post and what I think may have happened.

As I stated in my post, you may have said something in the heat of battle that hurt Eric, even though it was directed at another poster.
You may have been throwing a grenade at Teo for his ugly remark, but unfortunately it hit Eric.

Off topic, I've noticed that you avoid contact with me and I know I probably deserve it for the puppy fiasco.
I should have never pressured you into that situation and I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

You've expressed correctly exactly what seems to have happened, rottie. You have a really good heart.
But no I'm not avoiding you. And I have only good memories of how you put me and the pup together. You did that for the same reason, because you have so much love in you.
It's you Jesus Christ would be a lot more proud of than many who call themselves Christians.

ButtMan wrote:

You've expressed correctly exactly what seems to have happened, rottie. You have a really good heart.
But no I'm not avoiding you. And I have only good memories of how you put me and the pup together. You did that for the same reason, because you have so much love in you.
It's you Jesus Christ would be a lot more proud of than many who call themselves Christians.
I find that the ones who need to tell you they're "christians" really aren't..they're just posers.. the funny part is who in the hell do they think they're foolin?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

UPS wrote:
ButtMan wrote:

I find that the ones who need to tell you they're "christians" really aren't..they're just posers.. the funny part is who in the hell do they think they're foolin?

So you think Eric is a Poser fooling everyone? I don't think that at all.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob -

Do give Eric a call and try to hash this out, OK?

Eric -

You're one of my favorite posters. I understand your reaction. A friend appeared to attack your core beliefs. That hurts.

Let me ask you this: Would you have been so quick to leave this forum had that paragraph been written by someone else, or is it just because it was written in the heat of the moment by someone you consider a friend?

If your answer to my question is "no", I hope you will give your friend Bob the benefit of the doubt and forgive him.

Sal

Sal

ButtMan wrote:I know what you mean. And take those men today who are scared shitless to piss off a mythical messiah who was dreamed up by some half-assed goatherders who lived at the same time everybody thought the world was flat because they're scared if they piss off that messiah they're gonna burn forerver in a place called hell which is run by a dude dressed up in a red costume with pointy ears and such. I just can't believe those pussies, can you? lol

This is the comment that got everyone's panties in a twist? Seriously?? Since I've been here (which hasn't been very long), I've seen disparaging comments made towards gays, muslims, blacks, women, and attacks of the most personal kind directed at specific posters by trolls. But, christians are off limits? Fuck that shit. Bob's comment was made in jest, it's pretty damn funny, and most importantly, it's true. If you choose to believe a ridiculous myth, you're free to do so. Just don't be such a thin-skinned wimp about it. Sheesh.
Rolling Eyes

salinsky wrote:
ButtMan wrote:I know what you mean. And take those men today who are scared shitless to piss off a mythical messiah who was dreamed up by some half-assed goatherders who lived at the same time everybody thought the world was flat because they're scared if they piss off that messiah they're gonna burn forerver in a place called hell which is run by a dude dressed up in a red costume with pointy ears and such. I just can't believe those pussies, can you? lol

This is the comment that got everyone's panties in a twist? Seriously?? Since I've been here (which hasn't been very long), I've seen disparaging comments made towards gays, muslims, blacks, women, and attacks of the most personal kind directed at specific posters by trolls. But, christians are off limits? Fuck that shit. Bob's comment was made in jest, it's pretty damn funny, and most importantly, it's true. If you choose to believe a ridiculous myth, you're free to do so. Just don't be such a thin-skinned wimp about it. Sheesh.
Rolling Eyes

From the banner at the top

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida that caters to the discussion of politics, local news, philosophy, and basically anything that anyone cares to discuss. There are no rules here. Everything is considered in bounds.

Christians are in bounds as far as I am concerned

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, there are "forum rules" and then there are "friend rules". And if my friends ridiculed my core beliefs, it would bother me. But I don't expect strangers to respect my beliefs.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Well, there are "forum rules" and then there are "friend rules". And if my friends ridiculed my core beliefs, it would bother me. But I don't expect strangers to respect my beliefs.

Whatever. His post was not even a response to the offended party. If you are so easily offended by ridicule of your beliefs, perhaps you should reassess why you hold such ridiculous beliefs.

Joanimaroni wrote:
UPS wrote:
ButtMan wrote:

No, I wasn't talking about Eric..he doesn't wear it on his sleve like Teo..that's who I was talkin about.

So you think Eric is a Poser fooling everyone? I don't think that at all.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, there are "forum rules" and then there are "friend rules". And if my friends ridiculed my core beliefs, it would bother me. But I don't expect strangers to respect my beliefs.

Whatever. His post was not even a response to the offended party. If you are so easily offended by ridicule of your beliefs, perhaps you should reassess why you hold such ridiculous beliefs.

Sorry, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Bob understands, and that's what matters.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

salinsky wrote:

What makes you think Eric's beliefs are ridiculous? His beliefs are meaningful and valuable to him.... Because it may be true for him and not for you...does that make him wrong? Differences exist between people and tolerance is honorable.

If you have looked closely at Eric's posts over the years and the way in which he responds to people...you will see his beliefs have molded his life...it defines him.

Eric's values and his attitude is clearly defined and can be very infectious. I admire him for who he is and for what he believes.

Bob needs to grow up. Threatening to shoot yourself because someone posted a comment u didnt like, well that is downright silly. I tend to ignore 99% of what Bob writes because I think most of it is utter nonsense.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

alecto wrote:
salinsky wrote:

Rolling Eyes

From the banner at the top

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida that caters to the discussion of politics, local news, philosophy, and basically anything that anyone cares to discuss. There are no rules here. Everything is considered in bounds.

Christians are in bounds as far as I am concerned

We can't lump all "Christians" together. That would be as bad as what certain Christians do when they lump all queers together.
I think one of the worst things we all do in this world is to put so much emphasis on our differences. And we don't stop to think enough about all the ways we're alike.
If somehow we could do less of one and more of the other, I think this world would be a lot easier to live in for all of us.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
salinsky wrote:

What makes you think Eric's beliefs are ridiculous? His beliefs are meaningful and valuable to him.... Because it may be true for him and not for you...does that make him wrong? Differences exist between people and tolerance is honorable.

If you have looked closely at Eric's posts over the years and the way in which he responds to people...you will see his beliefs have molded his life...it defines him.

Eric's values and his attitude is clearly defined and can be very infectious. I admire him for who he is and for what he believes.

I admire Eric, as well. He's a good and decent man, from what I know about him.
I think Salinsky is just trying to stir the pot and make people angry. He's not making me angry because I don't care what he thinks about my beliefs. If he were a friend of mine, I would like for him to respect my core religious beliefs even if he disagreed with them. That is what friends do.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

BP Snacks wrote:Bob needs to grow up. Threatening to shoot yourself because someone posted a comment u didnt like, well that is downright silly. I tend to ignore 99% of what Bob writes because I think most of it is utter nonsense.
No Bob didn't threaten to shoot himself and believe me Bob is never gonna shoot himself over anything written on a message forum. Hell Bob is never gonna shoot himself period. Because if he was to shoot himself and then survive the shooting which does happen, then Bob knows what he would then have to suffer is even worse than anything that led him to shoot himself.
If I ever try to do myself in it will be with poison. Not a gunshot. Too unreliable and too messy. lol

But even Bob thinks what he writes is 99% utter nonsense so you and I are not as far apart as you might want to think. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

I admire Eric, as well. He's a good and decent man, from what I know about him.
I think Salinsky is just trying to stir the pot and make people angry. He's not making me angry because I don't care what he thinks about my beliefs. If he were a friend of mine, I would like for him to respect my core religious beliefs even if he disagreed with them. That is what friends do.

I need to share with you an email I just wrote to Eric.

Among my closest friends, I have two who are very sincere in each's respective Christian church. One I've known for 35 years who is Methodist.
The other I've known about 15 years who comes from an Italian background and who is a staunch Catholic.
In all the time we've been friends I 've never said anything in their presence which is disparaging about their faith.
I wouldn't do that because if I did that to either I know it would make them feel like you wrote in that post and that would make me feel like
the lowest of the low.

The difference with those friendships and your friendship is they don't see what I write. Because of what happened here, I realize that when I
write I can be thoughtless because I'm not always thinking about who all will be reading it. I'm not making any excuses because I should be
thinking about that. But I didn't. Especially in this case. Because this time I just had read enough of people who don't know shit about what
it's like to have a different sexual orientation and this time I just saw red. And that post was nothing more than me wanting to put down someone
who had just put me down. It was just the harshest way I knew to turn the tables on teo. It really had nothing to do with religion or faith.
It was just something I could use to get back at him.

There are Christians who have so much hate in them over this thing that their hate transfers to me and starts to consume me too and
that's when I instinctively know only to fight fire with fire.
But you're a Christian too. And you have never ever said or done anything which would cause me to want to put you in the same category
with them. That's the part that now has hit home to me as a result of what happened here. And if I try to put myself in your place I now
can understand exactly why you were offended and insulted.

This has never happened with my other two good friends who are sincere Christians for two reasons. One is what I already mentioned.
The other is that with both of those friends, my background of being bisexual has never been revealed to them.
With those friends I have to keep all that in the closet.. When they tell the queer jokes in my presence I have to laugh and go along with that.
And whether you want to accept it or not, the things taught in some circles of Christianity are what eggs on the the ignorance and the hate
directed at people like me.
But again, that is not you. And it has never played any part in the friendship you and I had. Because of that, that stuff I wrote to teo was very very
thoughtless because you had to read it too.
I'm sorry for letting that happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum