Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An accompanying thread to PB's thread about the high cost of health care. THIS is the REAL PROBLEM. And neither democrats or republicans are doing a goddamn thing about it.

+4
Sal
PBulldog2
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/hospital-sticker-shock-20958335

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a question for you.

Which two corporations own the City of Pensacola?

Here's a clue. Both call themselves "non-profit". lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

from that ABC page

"A three-night stay at a hospital can cost $40K but what are you really paying for"

That sounds like a bargain to me.  That "non-profit" hospital charged $29,000 for my lousy biopsy and I was an outpatient. If I'd stayed in that hellhole for three days for gall bladder surgery the bill woulda probably been over $100,000.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Health Care Industry Donates More To Obama Than GOP Candidates

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/obama-2012-health-care-campaign-donations_n_1048673.html

Bob wrote:Health Care Industry Donates More To Obama Than GOP Candidates

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/obama-2012-health-care-campaign-donations_n_1048673.html
yes they got bait n switch like ins industry did LOL

but we don't need two hundred topics basically of the same thing do we?

I and many others over the years have explained to you how its GOVERNMENTS fault as to why the prices at hospitals are so high to begin with.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:

I and many others over the years have explained to you how its GOVERNMENTS fault as to why the prices at hospitals are so high to begin with.
Now the fucking hospitals are the victims just like black people are always the victims. Everybody is a fucking victim. Those million dollar hospital administrators are the biggest victims of all. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just looked at my hospital bill again. I thought it said the bill was coming from Sacred Heart. But I'm old and my eyesight aint worth a shit. I musta misread that bill. It musta come from the goddamn government. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thank god the bowling has given me a hardbody though.  Hopefully if I keep on exercising and get in even better shape,   the goddamn government won't send me new hospital bills.  lol

But I hope the government won't charge me a big bill for plastic surgery because I don't want a face that looks like Trader Jon. lol

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Now the fucking hospitals are the victims just like black people are always the victims.   Everybody is a fucking victim.  Those million dollar hospital administrators are the biggest victims of all.  lol
fuck off. I never said the hospitals were a victim. but if those mother fucking hospitals close, then shove it up your ass and cut your own shit off.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote: shove it up your ass and cut your own shit off.
Folks, with this post, we've finally gotten a true glimpse into the minds of those who work in the medical/industrial complex. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Rather than Plastic surgery, this might be option for you.  
An accompanying thread to PB's thread about the high cost of health care.  THIS is the REAL PROBLEM.  And neither democrats or republicans are doing a goddamn thing about it. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWaeNrnAWR8xqWrPMZ2NL2wceaZGWrpZ6WXitPrd0EML1TvqNNxQ
Good idea.  All I have to do is put a bag over my head and make sure my socks match.  It sure would be less costly than a plastic surgeon.  
Plus,  a plastic surgeon might make me look like Joan Rivers or John Kerry or Michael Jackson.  I'd rather look like Trader Jon than that.  lol

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Now the fucking hospitals are the victims just like black people are always the victims.   Everybody is a fucking victim.  Those million dollar hospital administrators are the biggest victims of all.  lol
fuck off. I never said the hospitals were a victim. but if those mother fucking hospitals close, then shove it up your ass and cut your own shit off.
Antarctica, 1961: A Soviet Surgeon Has to Remove His Own Appendix

inShare
More
[url=http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/Russian surgeon.jpg]An accompanying thread to PB's thread about the high cost of health care.  THIS is the REAL PROBLEM.  And neither democrats or republicans are doing a goddamn thing about it. Russian%20surgeon-thumb-600x384-44559[/url]
If you think House and the guy who James Franco played in 127 Hours are tough, you haven't heard of Leonid Rogozov.
In 1961, Rogozov was stationed at a newly constructed Russian base in Antarctica. The 12 men inside were cut off from the outside world by the polar winter by March of that year. In April, the 27-year-old Rogozov began to feel ill, very ill. His symptoms were classic: he had acute appendicitis. "He knew that if he was to survive he had to undergo an operation," the British Medical Journalrecounted. "But he was in the frontier conditions of a newly founded Antarctic colony on the brink of the polar night. Transportation was impossible. Flying was out of the question, because of the snowstorms. And there was one further problem: he was the only physician on the base."
There was no question that he'd have to operate. The pain was intolerable and he knew he was getting worse. He recorded his thoughts in his journal:

I did not sleep at all last night. It hurts like the devil! A snowstorm whipping through my soul, wailing like a hundred jackals. Still no obvious symptoms that perforation is imminent, but an oppressive feeling of foreboding hangs over me ... This is it ... I have to think through the only possible way out: to operate on myself ... It's almost impossible ... but I can't just fold my arms and give up.

Operating mostly by feeling around, Rogozov worked for an hour and 45 minutes, cutting himself open and removing the appendix. The men he'd chosen as assistants watched as the "calm and focused" doctor completed the operation, resting every five minutes for a few seconds as he battled vertigo and weakness. He recalled the operation in a journal entry:

I worked without gloves. It was hard to see. The mirror helps, but it also hinders -- after all, it's showing things backwards. I work mainly by touch. The bleeding is quite heavy, but I take my time -- I try to work surely. Opening the peritoneum, I injured the blind gut and had to sew it up. Suddenly it flashed through my mind: there are more injuries here and I didn't notice them ... I grow weaker and weaker, my head starts to spin. Every 4-5 minutes I rest for 20-25 seconds. Finally, here it is, the cursed appendage! With horror I notice the dark stain at its base. That means just a day longer and it would have burst and ...
At the worst moment of removing the appendix I flagged: my heart seized up and noticeably slowed; my hands felt like rubber. Well, I thought, it's going to end badly. And all that was left was removing the appendix ... And then I realised that, basically, I was already saved.

Two weeks later, he was back on regular duty.  He died at the age of 66 in St. Petersburg in 2000.
Just a little reminder that humans can complete some pretty amazing physical feats when their lives hang in the balance.
Update 4:25pm: The article origi

Inés Ramírez Pérez[edit]
In March 2000, Inés Ramírez Pérez, a Mexican woman from the state of Oaxaca, gained media attention after performing a successful Caesarean section on herself. She had no medical training, but nevertheless performed a successful Caesarean section on herself; both she and her baby survived.
Ramírez was alone in her cabin in Rio Talea, Southern Mexico, when her labour started. The nearest midwife was more than 50 miles away over rough terrain and rough roads. Her husband, who had assisted her through her previous labours, was drinking at a cantina. Rio Talea has 500 people and only one phone, but it was not nearby. Ramírez had given birth to eight children, seven living, at the time of the pregnancy in question. The last pregnancy, three years prior, had ended in fetal death during labor. Rather than experience the loss of another child in the same way, Ramírez decided to operate on herself.
At midnight, on 5 March 2000 — after 12 hours of continual pain, Ramírez sat down on a bench[2] and drank three small glasses of hard liquor.[3] She then used a 15 centimetres (5.9 in)[2] kitchen knife to cut open her abdomen in a total of three attempts.[3] Ramírez cut through her skin in a 17 centimetres (6.7 in)[2] vertical line several centimeters to the right of her navel, starting near the bottom of the ribs and ending near the pubic area. (For comparison: a typical C-section incision is 10 cm long, horizontal and well below the navel, the so-called "bikini-line incision".) After operating on herself for an hour, she reached inside her uterus and pulled out her baby boy.[2] She then severed the umbilical cord with a pair of scissors and became unconscious.[2] She used clothes to bandage her wound after regaining consciousness, and sent one of her older sons to find help.[2]
Several hours later, the village health assistant and a second man found Ramírez conscious and alert, along with her live baby.[2] He sewed her incision with an available needle and thread.[2]
Ramírez was eventually taken to the local clinic, two and a half miles away, and then to the nearest hospital, eight hours away by car. Sixteen hours thereafter she underwent surgical repair of the incision site. On the seventh post-operative day, she underwent a second surgery to repair complications resulting from damage to her intestines incurred during her C-section. She was released from the hospital on the tenth day post-surgery, and went on to make a complete recovery.
Describing her experience, Ramírez said, "I couldn’t stand the pain anymore. If my baby was going to die, then I decided I would have to die, too. But if he was going to grow up, I was going to see him grow up, and I was going to be with my child. I thought that God would save both our lives."[2]
Ramírez is believed to be the only person known to have performed a successful caesarean section on herself. Her case was written up in the March 2004 issue of the International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics.[3]
She is also believed to have been profoundly lucky in several ways: to have put herself in the position she chose, which put her uterus — rather than her intestines — against the abdominal wall under the incision site; to have not succumbed to infection from the large open wound in a non-sterile environment; to have not passed out from the pain part-way through, bled to death, or died from shock. She did say, afterward, that she didn't advise other women to follow her example.[citation needed]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After reading that,  I'm gonna go looking for a rooskie doctor. Those suckers could do my lymph node biopsy with a swiss army knife and I wouldn't even have needed that fucking hospital.  lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:Rather than Plastic surgery, this might be option for you.  
An accompanying thread to PB's thread about the high cost of health care.  THIS is the REAL PROBLEM.  And neither democrats or republicans are doing a goddamn thing about it. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWaeNrnAWR8xqWrPMZ2NL2wceaZGWrpZ6WXitPrd0EML1TvqNNxQ
Good idea.  All I have to do is put a bag over my head and make sure my socks match.  It sure would be less costly than a plastic surgeon.  
Plus,  a plastic surgeon might make me look like Joan Rivers or John Kerry or Michael Jackson.  I'd rather look like Trader Jon than that.  lol
I second what Chrissy said. affraid 

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

$29,000 to biopsy a possible melanoma? As an out patient, no less?

Absurd.

Bob wrote:
Folks,  with this post,  we've finally gotten a true glimpse into the minds of those who work in the medical/industrial complex.  lol
You god damn right you have.

youre fucking with my livly hood mother fucker. what I pay my bills with, how I feed my children.

I have dedicated my life to helping mother fuckers like you. exposing myself to dangerous shit, literally. Ive been around brucella doing a frozen, ive been around TB so many times I lost count, HIV, Hep A<B< C< D E, worms, splashed by shit, piss and blood. Carried dead bodies from one table to the next after hours to hurry and console families of the cause of death, came in to work in the middle of the night ( NOT GETTING PAID EXTRA) thousands of time because time mattered for patient care. Oh I could go on and on but you really don't give a fuck what you are doing to the poor mother fucking workers such as myself. Im a low life scum bag nothing to you.

But yet you expect us to be there to serve you when you need it, and you know what we will, I will. Why? because Im a mother fucking healthcare professional and no matter how much you and the rest of this country shits on us we will always do our best. but let me warn you as I have numerous times, we are human too and when you wear us out over worked, expect our humanity to fail you. I do not look forward to that and I have seen it with my own eyes.

You will get what you deserve, not what you want. Enjoy it.

PBulldog2 wrote:$29,000 to biopsy a possible melanoma? As an out patient, no less?

Absurd.
it doesn't cost $29,000 to biopsy a melanoma. he had a sentinel node biopsy, multiple and he should be grateful, during that procedure they found out he had LYMPHOMA. Now he can get treatment for that disease and possibly live a few more years.

its about $500. for a office visit and simple biopsy and about another $500 for IHC to diagnose and grade it. His dermatologist was correct see, his melanoma was FINE. But had he not gone and been paranoid he would not know about his other condition till possibly way late.

now you decide, was it worth it?

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:
Folks,  with this post,  we've finally gotten a true glimpse into the minds of those who work in the medical/industrial complex.  lol
You god damn right you have.

youre fucking with my livly hood mother fucker. what I pay my bills with, how I feed my children.

I have dedicated my life to helping mother fuckers like you. exposing myself to dangerous shit, literally. Ive been around brucella doing a frozen, ive been around TB so many times I lost count, HIV, Hep A<B< C< D E, worms, splashed by shit, piss and blood. Carried dead bodies from one table to the next after hours to hurry and console families of the cause of death, came in to work in the middle of the night ( NOT GETTING PAID EXTRA) thousands of time because time mattered for patient care. Oh I could go on and on but you really don't give a fuck what you are doing to the poor mother fucking workers such as myself. Im a low life scum bag nothing to you.

But yet you expect us to be there to serve you when you need it, and you know what we will, I will. Why? because Im a mother fucking healthcare professional and no matter how much you and the rest of this country shits on us we will always do our best. but let me warn you as I have numerous times, we are human too and when you wear us out over worked, expect our humanity to fail you. I do not look forward to that and I have seen it with my own eyes.

You will get what you deserve, not what you want. Enjoy it.

I expect a reply to my heartfelt reply btw

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:$29,000 to biopsy a possible melanoma? As an out patient, no less?

Absurd.
it doesn't cost $29,000 to biopsy a melanoma. he had a sentinel node biopsy, multiple and he should be grateful, during that procedure they found out he had LYMPHOMA. Now he can get treatment for that disease and possibly live a few more years.

its about $500. for a office visit and simple biopsy and about another $500 for IHC to diagnose and grade it. His dermatologist was correct see, his melanoma was FINE. But had he not gone and been paranoid he would not know about his other condition till possibly way late.

She's right about one thing.  I should have taken the dermatologist's advice.
The reason I did not is a comedy into itself.  I was on the interstate in North Carolina when the dermatologist office called to say "Mr. Wood,  you have malignant melanoma and you need to get it removed".
I got back to Pensacola and told my girlfriend who had a malignant melonama six years ago.  She said "who diagnosed it?".  I said "Dr. Fairchild".  
She said omigod and then told me the same doctor had failed to diagnose her skin lesion as melanoma.  She found out later when she went to another dermatologist.  
So because of that from the start I of course had no faith in the doctor.
I then discovered that my particular melanoma was borderline for an SNL biopsy.  But it was mostly advised.  So I made an appointment with a Sacred Heart oncologist to get his opinion.
My case went before a review panel of all the Sacred Heart oncologists and they were all in agreement that I needed the SNL biopsy to determine if the melanoma had spread to the lymph system.  
When that happens,  melanoma goes from being a mosquito bite to potentially being terminal cancer.

So then the cost of that SNL biopsy became a consideration.  At the time the only thing I had to go on was a highly reputable medical website which said it costs about $12k.   I figured that's a lot of money but what's fucking money if I die because I didn't spend it.
So I opted for having it done.  And the price ended up being not $12k,  but $29,000.

Did it save my life because it accidentally discovered that I also had Lymphoma?
Nah,  the oncologist had already found that I had an elevated white cell count and was about to do a few hundred dollars worth of tests to see what that was about which would have discovered it without the $29,000 ripoff.

Both of you have very valid points.  The only way I can connect to the issue is when I used be a mechanic for a large shop.  I did the work but I did not have much to do with the billing.  People were always thinking I was going to rob them from all the bad press mechanics get.  It used to pain my ass to take care and do a high quality job, sometimes repairing or adjusting things that were not on the work order, only to have the customer bitch at me about how I fucked him/her over. 
Maybe we are talking about something similar in the Medical field. 

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Absurd.

She's right about one thing.  I should have taken the dermatologist's advice.
The reason I did not is a comedy into itself.  I was on the interstate in North Carolina when the dermatologist office called to say "Mr. Wood,  you have malignant melanoma and you need to get it removed".
I got back to Pensacola and told my girlfriend who had a malignant melonama six years ago.  She said "who diagnosed it?".  I said "Dr. Fairchild".  
She said omigod and then told me the same doctor had failed to diagnose her skin lesion as melanoma.  She found out later when she went to another dermatologist.  
So because of that from the start I of course had no faith in the doctor.
I then discovered that my particular melanoma was borderline for an SNL biopsy.  But it was mostly advised.  So I made an appointment with a Sacred Heart oncologist to get his opinion.
My case went before a review panel of all the Sacred Heart oncologists and they were all in agreement that I needed the SNL biopsy to determine if the melanoma had spread to the lymph system.  
When that happens,  melanoma goes from being a mosquito bite to potentially being terminal cancer.

So then the cost of that SNL biopsy became a consideration.  At the time the only thing I had to go on was a highly reputable medical website which said it costs about $12k.   I figured that's a lot of money but what's fucking money if I die because I didn't spend it.
So I opted for having it done.  And the price ended up being not $12k,  but $29,000.

Did it save my life because it accidentally discovered that I also had Lymphoma?
Nah,  the oncologist had already found that I had an elevated white cell count and was about to do a few hundred dollars worth of tests to see what that was about which would have discovered it without the $29,000 ripoff.
FUCK YOU for ignoring my other post.

Last edited by Chrissy on 11/22/2013, 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : only one fu was needed)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum