Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama's Press conference today

+7
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
gatorfan
KarlRove
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:I'm curious as to why you always spell "behaviour" w/ a "u", Joani? It doesn't have a "u".

Definition of behaviour in English:

noun
[mass noun]

1The way in which one acts or conducts oneself, especially towards others:
‘he will vouch for her good behaviour’

‘his insulting behaviour towards me’

[as modifier]: ‘behaviour patterns’

[count noun]: ‘management is a set of techniques and behaviours for getting things done’

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:If you don't want to be ridiculed, don't say ridiculous shit.

As you know what I have posted are factual and the truth. I can well understand how that upsets you and drives you to desperation.

Keep up the good work.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
2seaoat wrote: He made it clear that he is going to be working for the American people non stop over the last two years.  

Um, didn't he PROMISE that during his first campaign? The very least he could is something more constructive on the down hill run.

Obama hasn't been a total failure but he has been a very weak President, particularly in foreign affairs and in certain domestic issues. He has no coherent foreign policy and lets things happen hoping the problem will go away or at least fall under the public radar enough to be forgotten.

No, Obama isn't a great President or even a decent one; he is weak and overwhelmed as evidenced by the U.S. absence as a strong world leader, the long and pitifully slow economic recovery, and the disappearance of a strong middle class in this country.

He'll be remembered but not as nicely as you think.

I disagree with you on this.  Here is my case for starters:

Obama inherited the worst nominal budget situation in the history of this country.  Since then, we have seen the fastest deficit reduction since WWII.

Obama inherited the worst economy since the great depression.  As of Q3 2014, our economy is growing at a rate of 3.9% annualized.

Obama inherited a labor market that was shedding over 600,000 jobs per month.  Today, the economy has seen almost 7 million jobs added to the economy and the longest stretch of month-to-month private sector jobs growth in all of US history.

Obama inherited a healthcare system that saw exploding prices and that left 40-50 million Americans uninsured.  Today, healthcare costs are growing at historically low rates and the % of uninsured Americans has plummeted from 18% to 13.4% since the passage of the ACA.

Obama inherited two wars and an at-large bin Laden.  Today, those wars have wound down and bin Laden is no more.

Can you elaborate on your case citing specifically what it is that you take issue with and that leads you to broadly deem this presidency as a failure?

Please proceed, governor...

You are a joke.  You learned your lessons well for deception from your bible the DailyKOS.  Instead of a deception and saying that the GDP is growing at an annualized rate of 3.9%, because it was 3.9% for one quarter.

Here we have the quarterly rate from the date semi-retired President Obama took office.  For the last 4 quarter's, the average is 2.475% is a LONG way from 3.9% and trying to make it look far better than it is

http://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

Look, everyone!  The republican doesn't even understand the very basic fundamentals of GDP numbers!  Point and laugh at the republican, everyone!  Point and laugh at Markle, the village idiot!

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm

FOOTNOTE.  Quarterly estimates are expressed at seasonally adjusted annual rates, unless otherwise
specified.  Quarter-to-quarter dollar changes are differences between these published estimates. Percent
changes are calculated from unrounded data and are annualized.
"Real" estimates are in chained (2009)
dollars.  Price indexes are chain-type measures.

Markle WINS again! Progressives swing and MISS again!
Update March 27, 2014: U.S. GDP Grew 2.6% In The Fourth Quarter 2013, Up From Last Estimate

Update February 28, 2014: U.S. GDP Growth Estimate Reduced To 2.4% For The Fourth Quarter 2013

The U.S. economy continued to grow in the fourth quarter thanks to real people and businesses spending more, but no thanks to the federal government.

Data out from the Bureau of Economic Analysis Thursday shows that real gross domestic product — which measures output produced in the United States — grew at a rate of 3.2% in the fourth quarter 2013 and 1.9% across the full year.
The “advance” estimate shows fourth quarter growth relative to the third quarter, when real GDP increased 4.1%. Full year-over-year growth is compared to 2.8% in 2012.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/01/30/u-s-gdp-grew-3-2-in-fourth-quarter-2013/

President Obama's Press conference today - Page 3 F638e804-d233-44bf-aa83-150092e9f469_zpse30e79f9

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:I'm curious as to why you always spell "behaviour" w/ a "u", Joani? It doesn't have a "u".

Look again, it most certainly does have a U....it's right after the O.

It is the British version and I always thought I was from bloody England.

Vikingwoman

Nope-can't spell words from other countries. It's unamerican. You have to spell it the American way.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:Nope-can't spell words from other countries. It's unamerican. You have to spell it the American way.

Colour me wrong. God save the Queen!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

President Obama's Press conference today - Page 3 Giphy

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I run a gig at Fiverr.com where I do some freelance writing. I have had several Australian, a few New Zealand, and some English clients during the four-years I have done this, and when I write for them, I make sure I use Commonwealth terms.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I run a gig at Fiverr.com where I do some freelance writing. I have had several Australian, a few New Zealand, and some English clients during the four-years I have done this, and when I write for them, I make sure I use Commonwealth terms.

Very nice...especially in retirement. I occassionally do medical record reviews for local law firms.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I run a gig at Fiverr.com where I do some freelance writing. I have had several Australian, a few New Zealand, and some English clients during the four-years I have done this, and when I write for them, I make sure I use Commonwealth terms.

Very nice...especially in retirement.  I occassionally do medical record reviews for local law firms.

Thanks, Joanie. Here is my gig (I am known at "zzzman"--gee where did I get that from?):

https://www.fiverr.com/zzzman/write-a-500-word-report-on-any-subject-and-include-a-minimum-of-three-references?funnel=201412210519288369401140

I did a lot of technical writing in my last place of employment, so writing comes very easy to me. I love doing the research, and actually learn a great deal from doing these gigs--I do a very professional report, too. It is a fun hobby, and puts between $300-$400 each year in my PayPal account. I have quite a few repeat clients, and many of them are outside the U.S.

I got my daughter into it, and she is a bigger seller than I am. It is her third-job, after her full-time day job, and her singing gig in a cover band that plays in various venues between Pensacola and Okaloosa Island.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Very nice...especially in retirement.  I occassionally do medical record reviews for local law firms.

Thanks, Joanie. Here is my gig (I am known at "zzzman"--gee where did I get that from?):

https://www.fiverr.com/zzzman/write-a-500-word-report-on-any-subject-and-include-a-minimum-of-three-references?funnel=201412210519288369401140

I did a lot of technical writing in my last place of employment, so writing comes very easy to me. I love doing the research, and actually learn a great deal from doing these gigs--I do a very professional report, too. It is a fun hobby, and puts between $300-$400 each year in my PayPal account. I have quite a few repeat clients, and many of them are outside the U.S.

I got my daughter into it, and she is a bigger seller than I am. It is her third-job, after her full-time day job, and her singing gig in a cover band that plays in various venues between Pensacola and Okaloosa Island.

I think that is great. I love getting paid for sitting around in my jammies.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
2seaoat wrote: He made it clear that he is going to be working for the American people non stop over the last two years.  

Um, didn't he PROMISE that during his first campaign? The very least he could is something more constructive on the down hill run.

Obama hasn't been a total failure but he has been a very weak President, particularly in foreign affairs and in certain domestic issues. He has no coherent foreign policy and lets things happen hoping the problem will go away or at least fall under the public radar enough to be forgotten.

No, Obama isn't a great President or even a decent one; he is weak and overwhelmed as evidenced by the U.S. absence as a strong world leader, the long and pitifully slow economic recovery, and the disappearance of a strong middle class in this country.

He'll be remembered but not as nicely as you think.

I disagree with you on this.  Here is my case for starters:

Obama inherited the worst nominal budget situation in the history of this country.  Since then, we have seen the fastest deficit reduction since WWII.

Obama inherited the worst economy since the great depression.  As of Q3 2014, our economy is growing at a rate of 3.9% annualized.

Obama inherited a labor market that was shedding over 600,000 jobs per month.  Today, the economy has seen almost 7 million jobs added to the economy and the longest stretch of month-to-month private sector jobs growth in all of US history.

Obama inherited a healthcare system that saw exploding prices and that left 40-50 million Americans uninsured.  Today, healthcare costs are growing at historically low rates and the % of uninsured Americans has plummeted from 18% to 13.4% since the passage of the ACA.

Obama inherited two wars and an at-large bin Laden.  Today, those wars have wound down and bin Laden is no more.

Can you elaborate on your case citing specifically what it is that you take issue with and that leads you to broadly deem this presidency as a failure?

Please proceed, governor...

You are a joke.  You learned your lessons well for deception from your bible the DailyKOS.  Instead of a deception and saying that the GDP is growing at an annualized rate of 3.9%, because it was 3.9% for one quarter.

Here we have the quarterly rate from the date semi-retired President Obama took office.  For the last 4 quarter's, the average is 2.475% is a LONG way from 3.9% and trying to make it look far better than it is

http://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

Look, everyone!  The republican doesn't even understand the very basic fundamentals of GDP numbers!  Point and laugh at the republican, everyone!  Point and laugh at Markle, the village idiot!

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm

FOOTNOTE.  Quarterly estimates are expressed at seasonally adjusted annual rates, unless otherwise
specified.  Quarter-to-quarter dollar changes are differences between these published estimates. Percent
changes are calculated from unrounded data and are annualized.
"Real" estimates are in chained (2009)
dollars.  Price indexes are chain-type measures.

Markle WINS again!  Progressives swing and MISS again!
Update March 27, 2014: U.S. GDP Grew 2.6% In The Fourth Quarter 2013, Up From Last Estimate

Update February 28, 2014: U.S. GDP Growth Estimate Reduced To 2.4% For The Fourth Quarter 2013

The U.S. economy continued to grow in the fourth quarter thanks to real people and businesses spending more, but no thanks to the federal government.

Data out from the Bureau of Economic Analysis Thursday shows that real gross domestic product — which measures output produced in the United States — grew at a rate of 3.2% in the fourth quarter 2013 and 1.9% across the full year.
The “advance” estimate shows fourth quarter growth relative to the third quarter, when real GDP increased 4.1%. Full year-over-year growth is compared to 2.8% in 2012.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/01/30/u-s-gdp-grew-3-2-in-fourth-quarter-2013/

President Obama's Press conference today - Page 3 F638e804-d233-44bf-aa83-150092e9f469_zpse30e79f9

In what way did you "win" here?

1. I made a comment about recent GDP numbers.

2. You tried to correct me on that.

3. I then corrected you, irrefutably.

4. You then posted an entirely different GDP report that pertains to 2013 and claimed some sort of victory.

You know...they say the mind is the first thing to go, Markle. Not understanding the basics of economic data points is one thing. Responding incoherently is an entirely different ball game.

But with all that said, everyone give Markle a round of applause on his "victory". Let's hear it for Markle, everyone!

2seaoat

He is not hitting on all pistons and definitely in the last six months both oars are not in the water. I hope it is not health related, and rather deals with his lack of education in economics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum