Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama's Press conference today

+7
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
gatorfan
KarlRove
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

2seaoat

The man is in total command. He looks like a man who realizes that he can in the fourth quarter dominate. He made it clear that he is going to be working for the American people non stop over the last two years. He is really kicking asz in every regard........and a little bit of celebrating in the end zone was detected today. A great President at the right time in history to meet incredible challenges. He will be judged in history very favorably, and it is clear he will have spent a very constructive 8 years as President.

Vikingwoman

He's been kicking ass and has made the repugs the fools they are. Go Obama!

KarlRove

KarlRove

He sucks. I wonder how happy he is now that has is sub $2.40 per gallon avg across the United States when he proclaimed that it needed to be much higher?

2seaoat

Pace,
We do not have dementia. We remember your multiple postings about gas prices being directly the fault of President Obama. Now, you want to imply that the President is failing because of low gas prices. Cybil must have been your favorite movie.

2seaoat

The press conference showed a relaxed upbeat President. He is winning on every front and the American people are climbing out of the ditch where they were driven 8 years ago.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Keep dreaming.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote: He made it clear that he is going to be working for the American people non stop over the last two years.  

Um, didn't he PROMISE that during his first campaign? The very least he could is something more constructive on the down hill run.

Obama hasn't been a total failure but he has been a very weak President, particularly in foreign affairs and in certain domestic issues. He has no coherent foreign policy and lets things happen hoping the problem will go away or at least fall under the public radar enough to be forgotten.

No, Obama isn't a great President or even a decent one; he is weak and overwhelmed as evidenced by the U.S. absence as a strong world leader, the long and pitifully slow economic recovery, and the disappearance of a strong middle class in this country.

He'll be remembered but not as nicely as you think.

President Obama's Press conference today Jimmy-carter_obama-sees-in-mirror

2seaoat

Obama hasn't been a total failure but he has been a very weak President, particularly in foreign affairs and in certain domestic issues. He has no coherent foreign policy

I think of Jackie Robinson. The first four years of his career he had to restrain every natural reaction to situations because of the bigger goal. Well, President Obama no longer has to defer and keep his head down. He proudly and may I say confidently said this is the fourth quarter of the game and things will get interesting. He simply owned the room, and everybody is commenting on his confidence.

In regard to him being weak, like Jackie Robinson, his deferred action is seen as weakness. Jackie Robinson was incredibly strong and focused. The President's foreign policy has been brilliant. I listened to these threads telling us the terrorist Mr. K will not be beat.......no, he crawled out of sewer pipe and gave satisfaction to thousands of American family members who lost people at the hand of Mr. K on the TWA flight. We got Bin Laden without spending another five trillion. Israel has no credible nation state threat from Egypt, Syria, and Iraq as these nations are in turmoil. I listened how weak President Obama was with Putin......who is weak now. I listened how we needed to bomb the Syrian government, and that the President was weak for not doing the same..........No, we have an incredibly strong and intelligent President who has destroyed his enemies..........and he has absolutely destroyed the Republican congress and their sabre rattling after the mid term........as to who is in charge.......Any objective analysis of this President is Hall of fame performances. Now the chamber of Commerce and Cat are all in for normalization of relations with Cuba.....he is doing things where failure over fifty years never got done. If you do not see how extraordinary this man is, at least your grandchildren will............

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:Obama hasn't been a total failure but he has been a very weak President, particularly in foreign affairs and in certain domestic issues. He has no coherent foreign policy

I think of Jackie Robinson.  The first four years of his career he had to restrain every natural reaction to situations because of the bigger goal.  Well, President Obama no longer has to defer and keep his head down.  He proudly and may I say confidently said this is the fourth quarter of the game and things will get interesting.   He simply owned the room, and everybody is commenting on his confidence.

In regard to him being weak, like Jackie Robinson, his deferred action is seen as weakness.  Jackie Robinson was incredibly strong and focused.  The President's  foreign policy has been brilliant.  I listened to these threads telling us the terrorist Mr. K will not be beat.......no, he crawled out of sewer pipe and gave satisfaction to thousands of American family members who lost people at the hand of Mr. K on the TWA flight.  We got Bin Laden without spending another five trillion.   Israel has no credible nation state threat from Egypt, Syria, and Iraq as these nations are in turmoil.  I listened how weak President Obama was with Putin......who is weak now.    I listened how we needed to bomb the Syrian government, and that the President was weak for not doing the same..........No, we have an incredibly strong and intelligent President who has destroyed his enemies..........and he has absolutely destroyed the Republican congress and their sabre rattling after the mid term........as to who is in charge.......Any objective analysis of this President is Hall of fame performances.    Now the chamber of Commerce and Cat are all in for normalization of relations with Cuba.....he is doing things where failure over fifty years never got done.   If you do not see how extraordinary this man is, at least your grandchildren will............

He ought to hire you to rewrite his legacy or at least his resume.......

The only thing in your little tribute worth mentioning is Cuba.

I'm all for normalizing relations with Cuba and have thought the embargo a relic of the past for a long time. Now we just have to see if he has planned for all the trip wires sure to come. Based on his past nonperformance I doubt it. Cuba will rise from their communist ashes but it's going to have to be carefully managed and Obama has shown his incompetence and outright negligence too many times in foreign affairs for me to think there will be much success in the short term. Instead of crowing he needs to schmoozing Congress to lift the embargo, that's the first real step. One he has ALWAYS failed to take.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boy, the haters won't give President Obama an inch of slack, will they?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

gatorfan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Boy, the haters won't give President Obama an inch of slack, will they?

Haters?

How about informed, concerned voters who didn't get what they expected - even after 6 years?

No, that's too deep for those of you who ignore reality in favor of appearing to be an Obama team player.

Your charade and excuses continue.

How amusing.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

President Obama's Press conference today Funny_images_of_obama+3

KarlRove

KarlRove

by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 6:37 pm
Boy, the haters won't give President Obama an inch of slack, will they?
-----
His track record of failure precludes any feelings his detractors might have.

2seaoat

His track record of failure precludes any feelings his detractors might have.

Orwellian double think has been used as a right propaganda technique, but sadly the only person fooled are the fools.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
2seaoat wrote: He made it clear that he is going to be working for the American people non stop over the last two years.  

Um, didn't he PROMISE that during his first campaign? The very least he could is something more constructive on the down hill run.

Obama hasn't been a total failure but he has been a very weak President, particularly in foreign affairs and in certain domestic issues. He has no coherent foreign policy and lets things happen hoping the problem will go away or at least fall under the public radar enough to be forgotten.

No, Obama isn't a great President or even a decent one; he is weak and overwhelmed as evidenced by the U.S. absence as a strong world leader, the long and pitifully slow economic recovery, and the disappearance of a strong middle class in this country.

He'll be remembered but not as nicely as you think.

President Obama's Press conference today Jimmy-carter_obama-sees-in-mirror

I disagree with you on this.  Here is my case for starters:

Obama inherited the worst nominal budget situation in the history of this country.  Since then, we have seen the fastest deficit reduction since WWII.

Obama inherited the worst economy since the great depression.  As of Q3 2014, our economy is growing at a rate of 3.9% annualized.

Obama inherited a labor market that was shedding over 600,000 jobs per month.  Today, the economy has seen almost 7 million jobs added to the economy and the longest stretch of month-to-month private sector jobs growth in all of US history.

Obama inherited a healthcare system that saw exploding prices and that left 40-50 million Americans uninsured.  Today, healthcare costs are growing at historically low rates and the % of uninsured Americans has plummeted from 18% to 13.4% since the passage of the ACA.

Obama inherited two wars and an at-large bin Laden.  Today, those wars have wound down and bin Laden is no more.

Can you elaborate on your case citing specifically what it is that you take issue with and that leads you to broadly deem this presidency as a failure?

Please proceed, governor...

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:
I disagree with you on this.  Here is my case for starters:

Obama inherited the worst nominal budget situation in the history of this country.  Since then, we have seen the fastest deficit reduction since WWII.

Obama inherited the worst economy since the great depression.  As of Q3 2014, our economy is growing at a rate of 3.9% annualized.

Obama inherited a labor market that was shedding over 600,000 jobs per month.  Today, the economy has seen almost 7 million jobs added to the economy and the longest stretch of month-to-month private sector jobs growth in all of US history.

Obama inherited a healthcare system that saw exploding prices and that left 40-50 million Americans uninsured.  Today, healthcare costs are growing at historically low rates and the % of uninsured Americans has plummeted from 18% to 13.4% since the passage of the ACA.

Obama inherited two wars and an at-large bin Laden.  Today, those wars have wound down and bin Laden is no more.

Can you elaborate on your case citing specifically what it is that you take issue with and that leads you to broadly deem this presidency as a failure?

Please proceed, governor...

All that and more in the face of unprecedented intransigence and obstruction.

Pretty remarkable.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah and he did it all on a golf course while on vacation...all he needs is a phone and a pen....

KarlRove

KarlRove

Record unemployment
Record disdain around the world
Record lack of participation in job market and that
Is NOT related to baby boomers retiring so save
The speech
Record people on welfare (so if we are seeing record employment, why the record welfare rolls?)
Record national debt
Record taxation when people with jobs are struggling
Record being tried by our enemies
Lost AAA credit rating
No budget ever by this POTUS
The world is now a more dangerous place all happening on Obama's watch
Record scandals
Record lack of transparency after saying his admin would be the most transparent ever

What else do you want me to add?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Record number of "memorandums" related to Executive Orders

2seaoat

Record unemployment
The speech
Record people on welfare (so if we are seeing record employment, why the record welfare rolls?)
Record national debt
Lost AAA credit rating
Record scandals
Record lack of transparency after saying his admin would be the most transparent ever

The truth......

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Record unemployment
The speech
Record national debt
Lost AAA credit rating
Record scandals

The truth......

No, I think he just needs to provide proof of how either John McCain or Mitt Romney would have done it better.

Of course, a Romney presidency would have fallen short on just about every issue Karl listed; nonetheless Karl would have been one of his biggest cheerleaders, regardless of the results.

Edited: In fact, Romney's deficits would have been huge. He was all ready to double-down on already bloated defense spending, and he likely would have started a new and expensive war with Iran.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Record unemployment
The speech
Record national debt
Lost AAA credit rating
Record scandals

The truth......

No, I think he just needs to provide proof of how either John McCain or Mitt Romney would have done it better.

Of course, a Romney presidency would have fallen short on just about every issue Karl listed; nonetheless Karl would have been one of his biggest cheerleaders, regardless of the results.

Edited: In fact, Romney's deficits would have been huge. He was all ready to double-down on already bloated defense spending, and he likely would have started a new and expensive war with Iran.

No I don't because we will never know and neither will you. We are going to end up fighting Iran because of how weak of a backbone we have had as a POTUS the last five years and 11 months.

Vikingwoman

http://www.democratichub.com/obama-administration-accomplishments.aspx?o=ps

Take a gander at that PD and go crawwl back under your rock. LOL!

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:We are going to end up fighting Iran

Wow ....

.... you really are completely clueless.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Why didn't you just post a link from the DAILY KOS?

You're a joke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum