Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

President's Press conference today

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1President's Press conference today Empty President's Press conference today on 7/15/2015, 2:06 pm

2seaoat


He destroyed the shallow arguments of 24 day inspections....destroyed...very calmly and made the person look like a fool.....Fox News and our shills argue what a bad deal this was and he destroyed each and every criticism.  He is getting to the point that it is not even fair anymore when somebody attacks him....The Republicans have no counter policy short of Tom Traitor Cotton wanted war with Iran.  I think the utter bankruptcy of the Republican Party has arrived when partisan self interest comes before America's interests.

The President is finishing his term as a hall of famer.

2seaoat


He knocked a home run on each and every criticism of the negotiations.  He destroyed people who thought they were going to trick him, and he logically refutes all the straw men arguments which almost becomes comical because of their total lack of logic.  The President was loving the criticism.......he invited the press to come up any criticism.....he was begging for an opportunity to defend this deal.  He has studied this deal and understands it, and is openly asking anybody to come up with a better plan.  As usual the Republicans have no plan and they are too busy digging up the goal posts and moving them because once again the President is scoring at will.

Guest


Guest
Sounds like you have that Chris Matthews tingle down your leg...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM


There it is.... He makes those who don't like the deal look like fools. And he says those who want to make the case for a military-only option, including Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel--make their case, but they "will not be persuasive." He is telling the warmongers that he is wearing the pants and there will not be any military attacks on Iran while he is  still in office. Good on ya, Mr. President!!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle
2seaoat and the other Progressives here have given up giving any reasonable defense of semi-retired President Obama and his criminally dangerous policies.

Now they just throw up anything and hope it sticks.

Would you please explain where President Obama told us that 99% of the world's community agree that this will prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.

One hundred fifty billion dollars are being released into their economy and never once did he mention what America gets out of this deal.

He was angered when asked why our hostages were not being released as part of this "deal".

boards of FL

boards of FL
I was listening to this press conference earlier today and it almost seemed as if he was begging the reporters to continue asking about Iran. They eventually tried to change the subject and he said something to the effect of "Doesn't anyone have any other questions about Iran? There are plenty of talking points that have not yet been mentioned that I would be more than happy to address."

Ouch.


_________________
I approve this message.

boards of FL

boards of FL
This is what I would call a smack-down.



_________________
I approve this message.

Guest


Guest
Nothing he can say changes the facts or wording in section q regarding the inspections... they are what they are. Nor do they change his naivete... obama assumes that iran is reasonable and will respond to traditional diplomacy that motivates other reasonable nations. This is a dangerous and flawed assumption. Iran will continue to develop nukes just like the North Koreans did while duping clinton. I bet the deal looks great on leftist propaganda sites and on a classroom chalkboard though.

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:He destroyed the shallow arguments of 24 day inspections....destroyed...very calmly and made the person look like a fool.....Fox News and our shills argue what a bad deal this was and he destroyed each and every criticism.  He is getting to the point that it is not even fair anymore when somebody attacks him....The Republicans have no counter policy short of Tom Traitor Cotton wanted war with Iran.  I think the utter bankruptcy of the Republican Party has arrived when partisan self interest comes before America's interests.

The President is finishing his term as a hall of famer.

Actually, he has just kicked the can down the road for another POTUS. This agreement is a joke like most of his foreign policy. Pretty much, Iran can deny any inspector at any time they request to see facilities. This can be played over and over again for many years to come as we saw how Iraq did the UN over inspections as well. 1991 to 2003. That's 12 years. How many nukes can Iran make in 12 years with unfettered verification by international authorities? How much better can Iran make their Shahab missiles which already have western Europe minus the UK in their effective range? All of our Gulf allies and all of our bases across the Middle East are now subject to Iranian nuclear blackmail and that includes propping up his favorite Iranian proxy -Syria and Assad. Giant Joke. Hall of Fame? Hall of Shame.

Then he tried to shame Major Garrett for asking a question about the three hostages held. There's a commonality with he and Carter now as the Iranians know he is weak and will cowtow to whatever they want.

10President's Press conference today Empty Re: President's Press conference today on 7/16/2015, 12:29 am

2seaoat


Then he tried to shame Major Garrett for asking a question about the three hostages held. There's a commonality with he and Carter now as the Iranians know he is weak and will cowtow to whatever they want.

He blew Garret away.....he is just completely in a different level than those who try to attack him

11President's Press conference today Empty Re: President's Press conference today on 7/16/2015, 12:35 am

Vikingwoman


PkrBum wrote:Nothing he can say changes the facts or wording in section q regarding the inspections... they are what they are. Nor do they change his naivete... obama assumes that iran is reasonable and will respond to traditional diplomacy that motivates other reasonable nations. This is a dangerous and flawed assumption. Iran will continue to develop nukes just like the North Koreans did while duping clinton. I bet the deal looks great on leftist propaganda sites and on a classroom chalkboard though.

Did you not hear him say they had safeguards in the agreement if they did not follow through? Why would you say something so dumb as "Obama assumes Iran is reasonable"? He does not assume that,never said it and reiterated there would be immediate sanctions w/o Russia and China's blessing if it happened. You just make up shit.

12President's Press conference today Empty Re: President's Press conference today on 7/16/2015, 12:41 am

Guest


Guest
Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Nothing he can say changes the facts or wording in section q regarding the inspections... they are what they are. Nor do they change his naivete... obama assumes that iran is reasonable and will respond to traditional diplomacy that motivates other reasonable nations. This is a dangerous and flawed assumption. Iran will continue to develop nukes just like the North Koreans did while duping clinton. I bet the deal looks great on leftist propaganda sites and on a classroom chalkboard though.

Did you not hear him say they had safeguards in the agreement if they did not follow through? Why would you say something so dumb as "Obama assumes Iran is reasonable"?  He does not assume that,never said it and reiterated there would be immediate sanctions w/o Russia and China's blessing if it happened. You just make up shit.

You make up shit all the time. Like saying how much you love your latest trick you stupid whore.

*****EXPRESSIONLESS*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Neutral

nadalfan


PkrBum wrote:Nothing he can say changes the facts or wording in section q regarding the inspections... they are what they are. Nor do they change his naivete... obama assumes that iran is reasonable and will respond to traditional diplomacy that motivates other reasonable nations. This is a dangerous and flawed assumption. Iran will continue to develop nukes just like the North Koreans did while duping clinton. I bet the deal looks great on leftist propaganda sites and on a classroom chalkboard though.

Are the other countries involved, including some of our biggest allies, also being naive? Why is their role being ignored? Do you believe they would agree to a dangerously bad deal?

Guest


Guest
Yes... and china/russia stand to profit hugely off of the weapons concession. They also hold veto power on violations.

I've listed a couple of breakdowns of the deal that go into the details. I suggest you read those and compare.

Obama would prefer you just listen to his speeches. The anytime/anywhere inspections and violation recourse are false.

2seaoat


Obama would prefer you just listen to his speeches. The anytime/anywhere inspections and violation recourse are false.

This is the argument being advanced by certified small bus occupants.  As the President said, folks from MIT with PHD in nuclear studies were making the guidelines.  He referenced high school physics.   Apparently people who never took the same are listening to the Israeli Prime Minister who talked about illegal drugs being flushed down the toilet.  The difference is that when the inspectors arrive at the drug house, there is no trace of radioactivity, but the small bus crowd never took high school physics, and find the anytime component comparison to a drug raid where the drug lord is given time to hide the drugs......sorry........stupid is hard to fix.

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Obama would prefer you just listen to his speeches. The anytime/anywhere inspections and violation recourse are false.

This is the argument being advanced by certified small bus occupants.  As the President said, folks from MIT with PHD in nuclear studies were making the guidelines.  He referenced high school physics.   Apparently people who never took the same are listening to the Israeli Prime Minister who talked about illegal drugs being flushed down the toilet.  The difference is that when the inspectors arrive at the drug house, there is no trace of radioactivity, but the small bus crowd never took high school physics, and find the anytime component comparison to a drug raid where the drug lord is given time to hide the drugs......sorry........stupid is hard to fix.

These are facts... not political rhetoric crafted for useful idiots. Contest these... if you can't it's you that's stupid.

Nuclear program:

- Iran keeps every one of its nuclear centrifuges

- Iran keeps its entire physical nuclear infrastructure, including the enrichment facilities at Fordow and Natanz and the nuclear reactor at Bushehr

- Iran permitted to continue research and development on all of its advanced centrifuge designs, reducing nuclear breakout time at the end of the deal to weeks

- Iran permitted to transition its allowed enrichment of uranium from older centrifuge designs to advanced designs

- No “anywhere, anytime” inspections. Iran can delay inspection of any site for at least 24 days

- No requirement that Iran fully disclose past nuclear weapons research and development (known as the PMD issue)

- The P5+1 western powers pledge to collaborate with Iran on nuclear technology

- Restrictions on enrichment as part of the “sunset” of the deal are lifted after eight years

- If Iran is thought to have violated the deal, in order to “snap back” sanctions a dispute resolution process must be undertaken that can last two and a half months, after which the matter can be referred to the UN Security Council. At the UNSC, the re-imposition of sanctions can be vetoed by Russia and or china, which stand to earn billions of dollars from arms sales to a non-sanctioned Iran.

Concessions unrelated to nuclear program: - Ballistic missile embargo lifted after eight years

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Obama would prefer you just listen to his speeches. The anytime/anywhere inspections and violation recourse are false.

This is the argument being advanced by certified small bus occupants.  As the President said, folks from MIT with PHD in nuclear studies were making the guidelines.  He referenced high school physics.   Apparently people who never took the same are listening to the Israeli Prime Minister who talked about illegal drugs being flushed down the toilet.  The difference is that when the inspectors arrive at the drug house, there is no trace of radioactivity, but the small bus crowd never took high school physics, and find the anytime component comparison to a drug raid where the drug lord is given time to hide the drugs......sorry........stupid is hard to fix.


"certified small but occupants"

"stupid is hard to fix"

Really, Oats? Where is your soapbox, Walter Mitty story on how you are a champion for the specials needs community.

Your references are disgusting.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
SheWrites wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Obama would prefer you just listen to his speeches. The anytime/anywhere inspections and violation recourse are false.

This is the argument being advanced by certified small bus occupants.  As the President said, folks from MIT with PHD in nuclear studies were making the guidelines.  He referenced high school physics.   Apparently people who never took the same are listening to the Israeli Prime Minister who talked about illegal drugs being flushed down the toilet.  The difference is that when the inspectors arrive at the drug house, there is no trace of radioactivity, but the small bus crowd never took high school physics, and find the anytime component comparison to a drug raid where the drug lord is given time to hide the drugs......sorry........stupid is hard to fix.


"certified small but occupants"

"stupid is hard to fix"

Really, Oats?  Where is your soapbox, Walter Mitty story on how you are a champion for the specials needs community.

Your references are disgusting.

Must you attack such a good man.. He inspired Mother Teresa to do all she accomplished .

Guest


Guest
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Obama would prefer you just listen to his speeches. The anytime/anywhere inspections and violation recourse are false.

This is the argument being advanced by certified small bus occupants.  As the President said, folks from MIT with PHD in nuclear studies were making the guidelines.  He referenced high school physics.   Apparently people who never took the same are listening to the Israeli Prime Minister who talked about illegal drugs being flushed down the toilet.  The difference is that when the inspectors arrive at the drug house, there is no trace of radioactivity, but the small bus crowd never took high school physics, and find the anytime component comparison to a drug raid where the drug lord is given time to hide the drugs......sorry........stupid is hard to fix.


"certified small but occupants"

"stupid is hard to fix"

Really, Oats?  Where is your soapbox, Walter Mitty story on how you are a champion for the specials needs community.

Your references are disgusting.

Must you attack such a good man.. He inspired Mother Teresa to do all she accomplished .


Yeah, I guess this lapse of his falls into the "I, too, fail" line of bull.

20President's Press conference today Empty Re: President's Press conference today on 7/16/2015, 11:31 am

2seaoat


- Iran keeps every one of its nuclear centrifuges
So now the world will be taking away nuclear power plants from the developing world....read the agreement and understand the controls on the output.....sophomoric and silly, as if they cannot build centrifuges quickly....twenty thousand since the Bush failures to address their Nuclear development
- Iran keeps its entire physical nuclear infrastructure, including the enrichment facilities at Fordow and Natanz and the nuclear reactor at Bushehr
Again, the standard of peaceful nuclear power is the threshold for the International Community to intervene and take down the same?.....completely naive.  The agreement keeps the peaceful nuclear power component and stops the weapon grade expansion.....but again duh.....let them keep the material for ten bombs and kill the agreement.......come on now stupid has its limitations and what is your alternative option....bomb knowledge to build these components?
- Iran permitted to continue research and development on all of its advanced centrifuge designs, reducing nuclear breakout time at the end of the deal to weeks

So they probably already have the bomb, but the experts say they are six months out today with material for 10 bombs, and you argue that 15 years in the future they will only need weeks to make a bomb.....again double duh....really....this is your argument, and the option for research and development.....to bomb knowledge?   Do checker players not look ahead at the next move, or are they bound to a myopic world of throw some chit on the wall and hope it sticks......the controls over the next 15 years are good.

- Iran permitted to transition its allowed enrichment of uranium from older centrifuge designs to advanced designs
What, is the international community going to go in every peaceful nuclear power production facilities and ask that they use inefficient production processes?   Again this is so incredibly stupid taking item by item out of context and arguing that they can build bombs during the umbrella inspections....duh
- No “anywhere, anytime” inspections. Iran can delay inspection of any site for at least 24 days

High school physics and Prime Ministers comparing these inspection to a meth dealer having time to dump the meth down the toilet.......just too stupid to respond.....but PK.......you store radioactive material anywhere in your home.....and I will give you six months warning, and I can determine if the material was there, and production facilities even easier, but heck those guys from MIT need to learn about physics on the internet.......America has just dumbed down to a point that I am often thinking somebody is trying to be funny.....but this inspection issue will disappear once the dummies realize how incredibly stupid their argument has been.
- No requirement that Iran fully disclose past nuclear weapons research and development (known as the PMD issue)
Again, a total straw man.....it assumes like many that Iran does not already have a weapon when in fact they may already have the weapon, but the alternative is to bomb knowledge?  This is seventy five year old technology and you still cling to this American arrogance that our knowledge is so far superior and others are incapable of going beyond that knowledge base, and that we can bomb knowledge out of existence.....another big duh
- The P5+1 western powers pledge to collaborate with Iran on nuclear technology
Within the context of the agreement.......this is window dressing and has very little meat, but to criticize collaboration and normalcy with Iran is probably the most important path to modernity in Iran and real political change, and the end of Iran's isolation in the international community will be many more window dressing moments, but slowly the substance and purpose of modernity will grasp the country.
- Restrictions on enrichment as part of the “sunset” of the deal are lifted after eight years
Inspections continue and NPT controls....another big duh....the alternative is war....double duh
- If Iran is thought to have violated the deal, in order to “snap back” sanctions a dispute resolution process must be undertaken that can last two and a half months, after which the matter can be referred to the UN Security Council. At the UNSC, the re-imposition of sanctions can be vetoed by Russia and or china, which stand to earn billions of dollars from arms sales to a non-sanctioned Iran.
In three weeks the Chinese and Russians can sell arms without the treaty....triple Duh
Concessions unrelated to nuclear program: - Ballistic missile embargo lifted after eight years
They can get ballistic missiles today from North Korea.....duh.

IF THIS IS THE BEST THAT THE CRITICS OF THE AGREEMENT HAVE, ALL I CAN SAY IS QUAD DUHS.....DUH DUH DUH DUH.

21President's Press conference today Empty Re: President's Press conference today on 7/16/2015, 11:42 am

2seaoat


Really, Oats?  Where is your soapbox, Walter Mitty story on how you are a champion for the specials needs community.

Your references are disgusting.


No, the classification system for the mentally challenged is not a protected class under the equal protection clause because the rational basis test works and people who did and continue to ride to small bus have objective test criteria which confirms their mental status, and those people who puke out sound bites criticizing this agreement without context or understanding are objectively mentally challenged.  I will continue to use the small bus reference because it represents an objective standard of intelligence, and clearly what is being posted as objections to the agreement is targeted for low intelligence human beings.  If you think having a person pilot your next plane trip with an IQ of 60 is championing the specials need community, or having the same folks gobble up complete nonsense on this agreement and then think those standards will control nuclear non proliferation, then I am sorry that you belong on that small bus, and my references are entirely correct.

22President's Press conference today Empty Re: President's Press conference today on 7/16/2015, 11:55 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat wrote:IF THIS IS THE BEST THAT THE CRITICS OF THE AGREEMENT HAVE, ALL I CAN SAY IS QUAD DUHS.....DUH DUH DUH DUH.

Their arguments against the Iran deal fall into the "Anything Obama = Everything Bad" category. President Obama has to relish in it, because he could walk on water and they would still criticize him. Actually, the level of criticism is a measure of how solid this deal actually is. The president's opponents are left to spinning angry propaganda about it, because that is all they have. I love the way he slapped-down that idiot reporter, Majors.

This Iran deal is a foreign policy triumph for President Obama. He headed off another useless war. He showed Benjamin Netanyahu that Israel cannot dictate U.S. foreign policy. He was a true leader.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum