Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colin Powell Not Kind to GOP on Meet the Press Today

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608/vp/50448308#50448308

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

He hasn't been kind to the GOP in a long time. If it was just that, it would be one thing and understandable. But how he could endorse Obama--twice--is an entirely different matter.

2seaoat

The current primary system just allows the most radical of each party to control and eliminate moderates. The Republican party has simply allowed the crazies to control the primaries, and the Democratic Party is becoming increasingly strident with their moderate members who are more traditional than the far left. It is a mess, and when a great American General holds his endorsement of Obama until the very last minute.....well it becomes a nose holding contest.....when Romney started talking about the Russians.....I think Powell went back to Obama again......he was correct in that choice over the candidate Romney, but it would be nice for moderate Republicans to have a candidate like Chris Chrisy......but that will never happen....he will be buried in the primaries.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Powell is a schmuck. Nuff said.

He's left of eisenhower... nuff said.

2seaoat wrote:The current primary system just allows the most radical of each party to control and eliminate moderates. The Republican party has simply allowed the crazies to control the primaries, and the Democratic Party is becoming increasingly strident with their moderate members who are more traditional than the far left. It is a mess, and when a great American General holds his endorsement of Obama until the very last minute.....well it becomes a nose holding contest.....when Romney started talking about the Russians.....I think Powell went back to Obama again......he was correct in that choice over the candidate Romney, but it would be nice for moderate Republicans to have a candidate like Chris Chrisy......but that will never happen....he will be buried in the primaries.

I think he was pretty clear about his criticisms of the GOP. Racism and discrimination of the middle and lower classes. What's funny is the republicans here don't get, they don't have your interests at heart. They look down on you.LOL!

2seaoat

Powell is a schmuck. Nuff said.

If you are talking about his son....I agree.....If you are talking about the general....I disagree......other than his support for President Obama, and his trust in the intelligence he presented to the United Nations.....he has been non controversial and has served our country.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I heard Powell this morning. He was very direct and put his finger exactly on the problem the R party is having. The people who are in control have not adjusted party policies to appeal to a wider group.

Demographics are shrinking their numbers and they are unwilling or unable or don't find it necessary to do anything about it. So until the party changes its tune and recognizes the facts in the real world they are up the creek.

It is impossible to feel sorry for a group that has access to funding out the gazoo for whatever they want to research or push as policy yet continue in the same old way that worked half a century ago and then wonder where all the voters have gone.

Living in the echo chamber of the panhandle it is easy to forget that most of the country doesn't think the way people do around here. Thank goodness.

Dreamsglore wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The current primary system just allows the most radical of each party to control and eliminate moderates. The Republican party has simply allowed the crazies to control the primaries, and the Democratic Party is becoming increasingly strident with their moderate members who are more traditional than the far left. It is a mess, and when a great American General holds his endorsement of Obama until the very last minute.....well it becomes a nose holding contest.....when Romney started talking about the Russians.....I think Powell went back to Obama again......he was correct in that choice over the candidate Romney, but it would be nice for moderate Republicans to have a candidate like Chris Chrisy......but that will never happen....he will be buried in the primaries.

I think he was pretty clear about his criticisms of the GOP. Racism and discrimination of the middle and lower classes. What's funny is the republicans here don't get, they don't have your interests at heart. They look down on you.LOL!

Explain then the economic levels of the African-American and Hispanic Communities under the cowh?....And yet the cowh gets a free pass and their support in very high numbers...As for the middle class...with this healthcare and new taxes....we'll see how kind this administration is to working middle class....and for the record working middle class represents ALL racial groups....You are completely incorrect about Mr Powell....he spoke out for a moderate candidate to the nominee and then supported the cowh...which certainly is his right to do so but lets not kid ourselves as to the reason why...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum