Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS

+7
Floridatexan
dumpcare
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 10:30 pm

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:My reading of this is that he was a gullible, home-schooled, clodhopper, who had some ridiculous notion that the Army was about helping people, so he went to Afghanistan to serve.

When he got there, he was shocked to find that the Army was there to kill people and blow shit up, and he found himself in an undisciplined unit in disarray.

So, he flaked out and got captured by the enemy.

And according to the sadistic wingnutz, this all somehow means he should be left behind to be starved and tortured to death by the Taliban, because we don't negotiate with "terrorists" as we would in any other POW situation, even though we call this the "War on Terror".

If there's evidence he deserted, charge him with desertion.

But that doesn't mean he gets left behind to die at the hands of our enemies.

WTF is wrong with you people?

The question seems more what the heck is wrong with you?

"Once deployed to Afghanistan, he appeared to become disillusioned about the U.S. military mission there. In his final e-mail to his parents before his capture, he wrote, “I am ashamed to even be an American,” Rolling Stone reported."

From the far left Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/02/us-usa-afghanistan-bergdahl-ordeal-idUSKBN0ED00X20140602

Then there is this....  These men were HAND PICKED by the Taliban.

Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Taliban-detainees_zpsa1bf6a80

No matter how you frame it, Bergdahl was a member of the U.S. military who ended up a prisoner of the Taliban.

As for the 5 Muslims swapped for Bergdahl, the reason these guys have spent more than a decade at Guantanamo is they were tortured after having been captured and accordingly, couldn't be found guilty if tried in a U.S. court.

How important is this issue?  The fate of Bergdahl and these five terrorists won't change the cost of a cup of coffee, or our gas price at the pump.

The issues do, however, provide yet another talking point for racists like Herr Markle to belabor our black President.  

Its very important. these particular men were chosen by the Taliban, not picked by us.

THE TALIBAN DETAINEES RELEASED SATURDAY FROM GUANTANAMO
◾Abdul Haq Wasiq – Taliban deputy minister оf intelligence
◾Mullah Norullah Nori – Senior Taliban commander in thе northern city оf Mazar-e-Sharif whо commanded insurgents fighting U.S. forces in lаtе 2001
◾Khairullah Khairkhwa – Senior Taliban official believed tо hаvе ties tо Osama bin Laden аnd Mullah Omar, thе Taliban’s founder
◾Mohammed Nabi – A regional Chief оf Security fоr thе Taliban аnd eventual radio operator

Mohammed Fazl – Believed tо hаvе overseen thе mass extermination оf Shiite Muslims during thе 2000 – 2001 wаr thаt ѕаw thе Taliban rise tо power in Afghanistan

and this bowe fella is a traitor, he deserted in a time of war and other people died trying to search for him. he is not a hero. How is he worth 5 of the most violent islamist in Gitmo? He is not, something is wrong with this picture.

52Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 10:34 pm

2seaoat

53Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 10:42 pm

2seaoat

54Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 11:04 pm

....Seaoat with nothing to add...

55Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/3/2014, 12:43 am

Nobody knows what happened w/ Bergdahl. Yet many want to shred this guy. PD has no clue as usual whether this guy deserted or not but he jumps on the bandwagon to eviscerate him. If there's evidence he deserted then he will be investigated but it sounds like to me some of his comrades are jealous of the attention he's getting. I'm not judging him until the truth comes out.

56Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/3/2014, 12:56 am

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:by 2seaoat Today at 4:40 pm
I was not aware of men dying because of the prisoner. Do you have a link? I am not sure why he was outside the compound, but he was a sgt. and he must have done something right in his military career. I am curious Pace what is your rank in the reserves? I really have no clue if there are more stages than private, corporal and Sgt. I always thought there were different levels within the Sgt. rank classification.......could you let us know what his rank meant.
---
He was a private when we was captured, not a Sergeant. He was given time in grade promotions not because he did anything right, but because he screwed up and deserted his fellow Americans.

Golly, I didn't know that you would get promoted if you deserted.  I'm sure glad we have you to explain how one wins promotions in the military.  What was your highest rank?  

Until that soldier is returned to normal status, he continues to accrue time in service and time in grade until a promotion period evolves. Considering his circumstances and the LIE that he was a POW, he was protected by this admin in the WH and afforded his time in grade promotions to not be hindered. Some men lost in Vietnam were also afforded such promotions as well even when their body was eventually found after being listed MIA.

Former soldier stationed with Bergdahl in Astan....

http://youngcons.com/soldier-who-served-with-bergdahl-hes-at-best-a-deserter-and-at-worst-a/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

....he was protected by this admin in the WH...

Now you are really talking shit, PD, trying to throw in your little political digs. The truth is you don't know any more about this case than anyone else, really. It will be investigated by folks who outrank you (an SNCO) by a great extent and their decisions will prevail.

Have confidence in the UCMJ and in the senior Army officers who will decide what happens with Bergdahl.

I am not defending Bergdahl. Were I still on active duty, I would gladly serve on his court martial if cause for charges were found for this turkey.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:....he was protected by this admin in the WH...

Now you are really talking shit, PD, trying to throw in your little political digs. The truth is you don't know any more about this case than anyone else, really. It will be investigated by folks who outrank you (an SNCO) by a great extent and their decisions will prevail.

Have confidence in the UCMJ and in the senior Army officers who will decide what happens with Bergdahl.

I am not defending Bergdahl. Were I still on active duty, I would gladly serve on his court martial if cause for charges were found for this turkey.

You aren't on active duty or any sort of duty and haven't been for nearly four decades. I do know more of this than I can let on here unfortunately. The investigation will be done and many in the SNCO ranks will and have already done the footwork in regards to this investigation. This guy is a crispy critter...literally. He needs to enjoy all the time at Ramstein he can get because the gloves come off afterwards.

Sal

Sal

Dreamsglore wrote:it sounds like to me some of his comrades are jealous of the attention he's getting.

I'm not sure about jealousy, but the animosity directed toward this guy by his comrades is certainly understandable.

They and their brothers were put in mortal danger searching for him.

People died looking for him.

And, whether or not he voluntarily walked away from his unit, the prevalence of that narrative is understandable as well.

The communications between and within units is like a knitting circle with automatic weapons.

The anger and frustration at the search for this guy could easily have generated the narrative, and it would naturally spread like wildfire.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's not true, but I'm gonna need a little evidence and corroboration.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have been on the periphery of a trial similar to this...though to my knowledge no one was killed as a result of that person jumping ship...met with the JAG lawyer, visited the Pensacola NAS brig...and the person was an officer and graduate of the Naval Academy. The military will not take this lightly and doesn't need anyone's input to handle it.

62Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/3/2014, 10:23 am

If he walked away I can agree but some reports say he was captured in a latrine. The jealousy comment comes from Korder's interview on TV where he says Bergdahl is getting more attention than the soldiers who died.

63Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/3/2014, 10:44 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:it sounds like to me some of his comrades are jealous of the attention he's getting.

I'm not sure about jealousy, but the animosity directed toward this guy by his comrades is certainly understandable.

And, whether or not he voluntarily walked away from his unit, the prevalence of that narrative is understandable as well.

The communications between and within units is like a knitting circle with automatic weapons.

The anger and frustration at the search for this guy could easily have generated the narrative, and it would naturally spread like wildfire.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's not true, but I'm gonna need a little evidence and corroboration.

the animosity directed toward this guy by his comrades is certainly understandable.

They probably know more than we do.....we will see how this plays out. The info from the top will probably be tainted because of Obama taking action.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

the animosity directed toward this guy by his comrades is certainly understandable.

They probably know more than we do.....we will see how this plays out. The info from the top will probably be tainted because of Obama taking action.

Oh, so here we go blaming Obama again......
 Rolling Eyes

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I'm just catching up w this... something doesn't smell right... it may even fit the pattern.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Oh please. Did I blame Obama?

Because Obama acted, any adverse information will be protected as much as possible.

Dreamsglore wrote:If he walked away I can agree but some reports say he was captured in a latrine. The jealousy comment comes from Korder's interview on TV where he says Bergdahl is getting more attention than the soldiers who died.

Horse caca. I have notated multiple links on this board about his fellow soldiers saying the shit walked off from the FOB. Got a link to your lies or are your eyes so brown from lying????

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Oh please.  Did I blame Obama?  

Because Obama acted, any adverse information will be protected as much as possible.

I've already stated as much. It is funny how this happened on Obama's watch and nothing was known to the public until now that he was a traitor and walked off the FOB taking his pro Taliban and anti-American beliefs with him.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Nobody knows what happened w/ Bergdahl. Yet many want to shred this guy. PD has no clue as usual whether this guy deserted or not but he jumps on the bandwagon to eviscerate him. If there's evidence he deserted then he will be investigated but it sounds like to me some of his comrades are jealous of the attention he's getting. I'm not judging him until the truth comes out.

As you know, if you are the least bit aware of your surroundings, is that most people around Bergdahl DO know what happened.

Progressives, please give your source and link to your denial of this story since I know you will attack the very reliable source. If you cannot, then you know the worth of your denial. I post FACTS from sources, you each post OPINIONS from far left wing Progressive site as if they were FACT.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl wrote a note expressing a desire to renounce his American citizenship, according to Fox News.

Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin reported Tuesday that members of Bergdahl’s unit said he left behind a note saying he felt disillusioned with the Army and wanted to renounce his citizenship before he was captured in 2009.

Griffin reported that the note has not been made public, nor been provided to Fox, but is part of the body of evidence being examined in the classified investigation.

There have been a number of questions surrounding the deal to release Bergdahl in exchange for five Guantanamo Bay detainees, including whether Bergdahl really got lost or was actively looking for the Taliban when he was captured.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/03/report-bowe-bergdahl-wrote-a-note-saying-he-wanted-to-renounce-his-american-citizenship/

Markle

Markle

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Sal Today at 9:09 pm
Bob wrote:

Why did they pick this particular person for this?  Is he the only POW who's been held captive that long or what?

He's the only POW from the Iraq/AfPak conflict period, Bob.

Leave no man behind.
-----
Not true. Remember that Jessica chick who got lost with her convoy and ambushed? A big deal was made about her negotiated release. That was in the middle of the push to Baghdad.

Her release was not negotiated. She was rescued in 2003 by a Special Operation forces. Her name was Jessica Lynch.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Rules of war. Never negotiat with terrorist

As if POW exchanges are not negotiated at the end of every war ever, and this was billed as the "War on Terror", so ....

He deserted and got what was coming to him. Good men lost Thier lives to look for a traitor

However he came to be off-base when he was captured, he was held by our enemies against his will and starved/tortured for the last five years.

It's not like he joined Al-Qaeda or something.

I say give him a day or two before you start screaming for the court-martial.

But, I get it ....

You uber-patriotic wingnutz are suddenly and inexplicably opposed to freeing American POWs for some (Obama) reason (is black).

Wink, wink ....

.... nudge, nudge.

Wrong answer Sal. He knew what he was doing when he left. He got the same Intel briefs I got going into country and some of the same one's I have given myself for new folks. Kid is a traitor to his nation and fellow soldiers he deployed with, but you would not understand that having sat here the entire GWOT pretending to Armchair General.

Since you present yourself as one of our best war heroes, tell me why you guys did so poorly in Afghanistan!

Couldn't get any lower could you? Which, for you is very difficult.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

As if POW exchanges are not negotiated at the end of every war ever, and this was billed as the "War on Terror", so ....

He deserted and got what was coming to him. Good men lost Thier lives to look for a traitor

However he came to be off-base when he was captured, he was held by our enemies against his will and starved/tortured for the last five years.

But, I get it ....

You uber-patriotic wingnutz are suddenly and inexplicably opposed to freeing American POWs for some (Obama) reason (is black).

Wink, wink ....

.... nudge, nudge.

Wrong answer Sal. He knew what he was doing when he left. He got the same Intel briefs I got going into country and some of the same one's I have given myself for new folks. Kid is a traitor to his nation and fellow soldiers he deployed with, but you would not understand that having sat here the entire GWOT pretending to Armchair General.

Since you present yourself as one of our best war heroes, tell me why you guys did so poorly in Afghanistan!

Couldn't get any lower could you?  Which, for you is very difficult.

If you can't deal with fact, that's your problem, not mine. I'm not casting doubt on anyone's courage or patriotism -- but the facts are we lost the war in Iraq and in Afghanistan, and the Americans who died in those wars aren't heroes, they're victims.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
I have been on the periphery of a trial similar to this...though to my knowledge no one was killed as a result of that person jumping ship...met with the JAG lawyer, visited the Pensacola NAS brig...and the person was an officer and graduate of the Naval Academy.  The military will not take this lightly and doesn't need anyone's input to handle it.  

President Barack Hussein Obama will shut down any investigation into
Bergdahl.

This is how President Obama shuts down GITMO and will crush anyone in his way.

Utter chaos in Washington.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Who else is responsible?

Fast and Furious

IRS

AP

VA

Benghazi

NSA

Now Bergdhal....

Is President Barack Hussein Obama NOT in the Oval Office?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

But, I get it ....

Wink, wink ....

.... nudge, nudge.

Couldn't get any lower could you?  Which, for you is very difficult.

If you can't deal with fact, that's your problem, not mine.  I'm not casting doubt on anyone's courage or patriotism -- but the facts are we lost the war in Iraq and in Afghanistan, and the Americans who died in those wars aren't heroes, they're victims.

Like I said. We won the war in Iraq, it is President Barack Hussein Obama who turned it into turmoil. It is also President Obama who has surrendered in Afghanistan and has made the lives of every single American on earth more dangerous.

I know you are proud!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum