Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS

+7
Floridatexan
dumpcare
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

by 2seaoat Today at 4:40 pm
I was not aware of men dying because of the prisoner. Do you have a link? I am not sure why he was outside the compound, but he was a sgt. and he must have done something right in his military career. I am curious Pace what is your rank in the reserves? I really have no clue if there are more stages than private, corporal and Sgt. I always thought there were different levels within the Sgt. rank classification.......could you let us know what his rank meant.
---
He was a private when we was captured, not a Sergeant. He was given time in grade promotions not because he did anything right, but because he screwed up and deserted his fellow Americans.

Sal he was reported as a deserter in 2010.

http://weaselzippers.us/188075-report-pentagon-in-2010-concluded-bowe-bergdahl-deserted-his-post-stopped-military-efforts-to-rescue-him/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Judge, jury and executioner. Why not let the military sort this out? He was an idealistic kid...and I would bet the recruiter lied to him.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yes, we have "sea lawyers" here making all kinds of wild-assed comments about the dude. I am sure the military will handle it appropriately. If he was a dirt-bag who deserted his post, charges should follow. This should be left up to the JAG officials who will take care of it.

Unfortunately for PaceDog, he will not be allowed to take part in any of the proceedings for this character.

I personally would not want to be the Officer stuck doing the JAG investigation on this fellow and what happened.......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

If he is cleared by the military he will get a nice sum of money on a book deal and probably a movie. I find it interesting that he can speak their dialect, and regardless of his culpability, it will be an interesting story.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:My reading of this is that he was a gullible, home-schooled, clodhopper, who had some ridiculous notion that the Army was about helping people, so he went to Afghanistan to serve.

When he got there, he was shocked to find that the Army was there to kill people and blow shit up, and he found himself in an undisciplined unit in disarray.

So, he flaked out and got captured by the enemy.

And according to the sadistic wingnutz, this all somehow means he should be left behind to be starved and tortured to death by the Taliban, because we don't negotiate with "terrorists" as we would in any other POW situation, even though we call this the "War on Terror".

If there's evidence he deserted, charge him with desertion.

But that doesn't mean he gets left behind to die at the hands of our enemies.

WTF is wrong with you people?

The question seems more what the heck is wrong with you?

"Once deployed to Afghanistan, he appeared to become disillusioned about the U.S. military mission there. In his final e-mail to his parents before his capture, he wrote, “I am ashamed to even be an American,” Rolling Stone reported."

From the far left Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/02/us-usa-afghanistan-bergdahl-ordeal-idUSKBN0ED00X20140602

Then there is this.... These men were HAND PICKED by the Taliban.

Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 2 Taliban-detainees_zpsa1bf6a80

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:My reading of this is that he was a gullible, home-schooled, clodhopper, who had some ridiculous notion that the Army was about helping people, so he went to Afghanistan to serve.

When he got there, he was shocked to find that the Army was there to kill people and blow shit up, and he found himself in an undisciplined unit in disarray.

And according to the sadistic wingnutz, this all somehow means he should be left behind to be starved and tortured to death by the Taliban, because we don't negotiate with "terrorists" as we would in any other POW situation, even though we call this the "War on Terror".

"Once deployed to Afghanistan, he appeared to become disillusioned about the U.S. military mission there. In his final e-mail to his parents before his capture, he wrote, “I am ashamed to even be an American,” Rolling Stone reported."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/02/us-usa-afghanistan-bergdahl-ordeal-idUSKBN0ED00X20140602

Then there is this....  These men were HAND PICKED by the Taliban.

Maybe Obama was running out of drone targets...

You cant help stupid assed people understand anything.

People with normal intelligence understand why you don't negotiate with terrorist. especially for a traitor.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

He deserted his post in a time of war.

That's your speculation.

There are at least four different versions of how he came to be captured by the Taliban.

That is enough for the death penalty according to the UCMJ, something of which you have no clue about. Nobody drafted this POS. Men DIED trying to find him.

I have confidence that the military will get to the bottom of this, and he will be prosecuted if it's deemed appropriate.

Nothing will be done to him. President Barack Hussein Obama has just shown us how he plans to close GITMO. Who knew it was so easy? Just release al the terrorists and they'll love us for being so kind.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The whole thing is utterly bizarre. The father even looks like a muslim, speaks the Taliban language, and refers to Allah in the presence of obama.

Bob wrote:The whole thing is utterly bizarre.  The father even looks like a muslim,  speaks the Taliban language,  and refers to Allah in the presence of obama.

ah so now we know why Obama had to save him. yeah Obama saved  6 muslims and tried to come off looking cool.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Why did they pick this particular person for this? Is he the only POW who's been held captive that long or what?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:The whole thing is utterly bizarre.  The father even looks like a muslim,  speaks the Taliban language,  and refers to Allah in the presence of obama.

If you read any of the articles on the guy's father, after his son was captured by the Taliban, he grew out his facial hair and adopted Pashtun clothing and learned some of the Pashtun language to show solidarity with his son. It is not like this guy is a Muslim or anything.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

His father said this:But most of all, I’m proud of how much you wanted to help the Afghan people, and what you were willing to do to go to that length,” Bob Bergdahl said, fighting back tears during a press conference in Boise. “I’ll say it again: I’m so proud of how far you were willing to go to help the Afghan people. And I think you have succeeded.” Thoughts? - See more at: http://www.libertynews.com/2014/06/islam-at-white-house-watch-released-deserter-bowe-bergdahls-father-praise-allah-before-bing-hugged-by-barack-hussein-obama/#sthash.ZlNnjKzO.dpuf

I guess he succeeded with the help of Obama to have the most violent terrorist released.

People need to be in jail from this. including obama

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Why did they pick this particular person for this?  Is he the only POW who's been held captive that long or what?

He's the only POW from the Iraq/AfPak conflict period, Bob. 

Leave no man behind. 

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:Why did they pick this particular person for this?  Is he the only POW who's been held captive that long or what?

Leave no man behind. 

You are obviously dumb. leave no man behind does not mean risk your life for a traitor who walked off and then went and gave aide to the enemy.

Leave no man behind is when you are on the battle field and if they get injured you try and help them, the person here who left men behind and is responsible for their deaths is the traitor your defending. That makes you a traitor too.

by Sal Today at 9:09 pm
Bob wrote:

Why did they pick this particular person for this? Is he the only POW who's been held captive that long or what?

Leave no man behind.
-----
Not true. Remember that Jessica chick who got lost with her convoy and ambushed? A big deal was made about her negotiated release. That was in the middle of the push to Baghdad.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:You cant help stupid assed people understand anything.

People with normal intelligence understand why you don't negotiate with terrorist. especially for a traitor.

You should know. You're a dunce. Please go sit in the corner.

But Sal, Bergdahl was not a PoW in that he was a captured combatant like the Jessica chick in 2003. This stupid army private walked away from his battle buddies ( yea that's what the Army calls them) and deserted. That's why the entire nation hopes he gets the firing squad. Just go the web page his parents set up. I can ensure you that the families of the six men that died trying to find him want justice. Bergdahl walking away from this ain't gonna happen. If someone doesn't get to him before the courts martial, they will get to him in prison. He's a dead man walking.

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:You cant help stupid assed people understand anything.

You should know.  You're a dunce.  Please go sit in the corner.

You've occupied the Dunce Corner and hat since the PNJ forum.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Rules of war. Never negotiat with terrorist

As if POW exchanges are not negotiated at the end of every war ever, and this was billed as the "War on Terror", so ....

He deserted and got what was coming to him. Good men lost Thier lives to look for a traitor

However he came to be off-base when he was captured, he was held by our enemies against his will and starved/tortured for the last five years.

It's not like he joined Al-Qaeda or something.

I say give him a day or two before you start screaming for the court-martial.

But, I get it ....

You uber-patriotic wingnutz are suddenly and inexplicably opposed to freeing American POWs for some (Obama) reason (is black).

Wink, wink ....

.... nudge, nudge.

Wrong answer Sal. He knew what he was doing when he left. He got the same Intel briefs I got going into country and some of the same one's I have given myself for new folks. Kid is a traitor to his nation and fellow soldiers he deployed with, but you would not understand that having sat here the entire GWOT pretending to Armchair General.

Since you present yourself as one of our best war heroes, tell me why you guys did so poorly in Afghanistan!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

No matter how you frame it, Bergdahl was a member of the U.S. military who ended up a prisoner of the Taliban.

As for the 5 Muslims swapped for Bergdahl, the reason these guys have spent more than a decade at Guantanamo is they were tortured after having been captured and accordingly, couldn't be found guilty if tried in a U.S. court.

How important is this issue? The fate of Bergdahl and these five terrorists won't change the cost of a cup of coffee, or our gas price at the pump.

The issues do, however, provide yet another talking point for racists like Herr Markle to belabor our black President.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by 2seaoat Today at 4:40 pm
I was not aware of men dying because of the prisoner. Do you have a link? I am not sure why he was outside the compound, but he was a sgt. and he must have done something right in his military career. I am curious Pace what is your rank in the reserves? I really have no clue if there are more stages than private, corporal and Sgt. I always thought there were different levels within the Sgt. rank classification.......could you let us know what his rank meant.
---
He was a private when we was captured, not a Sergeant. He was given time in grade promotions not because he did anything right, but because he screwed up and deserted his fellow Americans.

Golly, I didn't know that you would get promoted if you deserted. I'm sure glad we have you to explain how one wins promotions in the military. What was your highest rank?

49Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 10:02 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Maybe walking away was Bergdahl's way of coping with the insane stance of our military's actions as crusaders in Afghanistan -- instead of just committing suicide like the thousands of his contemporaries who couldn't cope with the whacko mission of our troops sent to Afghanistan!

Truth is, we're as popular in Afghanistan as Nazi troops were in the Netherlands in WWII.

Reality!

50Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 10:25 pm

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:

Maybe Obama was running out of drone targets...

Think those dudes might've been microchipped?

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum