Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS

+7
Floridatexan
dumpcare
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS Empty Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 12:57 am

http://nypost.com/2014/05/31/the-bizarre-tale-of-americas-last-known-pow/

Kid purposely walked away from his FOB and deserted. He sounds a lot like Moochelle, who was not proud of her country. We should have left him to the Taliban. We wasted people's lives looking for someone who didn't even have loyalty to his country. What a douche bag!  No Evil or Very Mad Mad 

Sal

Sal

The PeeDawg credo ....

"Leave no man behind under certain circumstances"

lol

Sal wrote:The PeeDawg credo ....

"Leave no man behind under certain circumstances"

lol

He left his fellow soldiers behind when he walked off that FOB of his own free will. He wasn't captured. He gave up and walked into the hands of the enemy. Seventeen men were lost looking for him and that is far too many for someone who turns their back on country and fellow warfighters. I'm sure you'll never understand because you've never served in combat or in harm's way of anything except some bad bush on Cervantes Street.

He should've tried for treason.

No surprise Obama just wanted to use him to free his Muslim buddies

Sal

Sal

My reading of this is that he was a gullible, home-schooled, clodhopper, who had some ridiculous notion that the Army was about helping people, so he went to Afghanistan to serve.

When he got there, he was shocked to find that the Army was there to kill people and blow shit up, and he found himself in an undisciplined unit in disarray.

So, he flaked out and got captured by the enemy.

And according to the sadistic wingnutz, this all somehow means he should be left behind to be starved and tortured to death by the Taliban, because we don't negotiate with "terrorists" as we would in any other POW situation, even though we call this the "War on Terror".

If there's evidence he deserted, charge him with desertion.

But that doesn't mean he gets left behind to die at the hands of our enemies.

WTF is wrong with you people?

Oh so sal you're saying he was a pink bellied unicorn loving liberal who thought the military was green peace?

Rules of war. Never negotiat with terrorist

He deserted and got what was coming to him. Good men lost Thier lives to look for a traitor

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:

As if POW exchanges are not negotiated at the end of every war ever, and this was billed as the "War on Terror", so ....

He deserted and got what was coming to him. Good men lost Thier lives to look for a traitor

However he came to be off-base when he was captured, he was held by our enemies against his will and starved/tortured for the last five years.

It's not like he joined Al-Qaeda or something.

I say give him a day or two before you start screaming for the court-martial.

But, I get it ....

You uber-patriotic wingnutz are suddenly and inexplicably opposed to freeing American POWs for some (Obama) reason (is black).

Wink, wink ....

.... nudge, nudge.

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

As if POW exchanges are not negotiated at the end of every war ever, and this was billed as the "War on Terror", so ....

However he came to be off-base when he was captured, he was held by our enemies against his will and starved/tortured for the last five years.

But, I get it ....

You uber-patriotic wingnutz are suddenly and inexplicably opposed to freeing American POWs for some (Obama) reason (is black).

Wink, wink ....

.... nudge, nudge.

Wrong answer Sal. He knew what he was doing when he left. He got the same Intel briefs I got going into country and some of the same one's I have given myself for new folks. Kid is a traitor to his nation and fellow soldiers he deployed with, but you would not understand that having sat here the entire GWOT pretending to Armchair General.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Apparently, his fellow soldiers felt he was a douche bag.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Get him healthy, and investigate/take action as appropriate.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

10Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 12:14 pm

http://sofrep.com/35617/is-sergeant-bergdahl-a-hero-or-deserter-cia-taliban/

11Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS Empty Re: Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS 6/2/2014, 12:18 pm

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Agreed.

Although that may take some time as it appears he's pretty fucked up both physically and psychologically.

Sal wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Agreed.

Although that may take some time as it appears he's pretty fucked up both physically and psychologically.

I'm sure he has been "coached" well.

Sal wrote:My reading of this is that he was a gullible, home-schooled, clodhopper, who had some ridiculous notion that the Army was about helping people, so he went to Afghanistan to serve.

When he got there, he was shocked to find that the Army was there to kill people and blow shit up, and he found himself in an undisciplined unit in disarray.

So, he flaked out and got captured by the enemy.

And according to the sadistic wingnutz, this all somehow means he should be left behind to be starved and tortured to death by the Taliban, because we don't negotiate with "terrorists" as we would in any other POW situation, even though we call this the "War on Terror".

If there's evidence he deserted, charge him with desertion.

But that doesn't mean he gets left behind to die at the hands of our enemies.

WTF is wrong with you people?

He deserted his post in a time of war. That is enough for the death penalty according to the UCMJ, something of which you have no clue about. Nobody drafted this POS. Men DIED trying to find him.

He volunteered for the military after being turned down by the French Foreign Legion. Then he gets to what he wanted to do and he got butthurt. Again, nobody forced this kid to join and join the INFANTRY.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

But, I get it ....

Wink, wink ....

.... nudge, nudge.

You just can't learn to gather information BEFORE spouting off with your unfounded rants can you?

And, your desperation is once again obvious. You have to play the race card.

Wow, Bergdahl was a real POS ShoutRacist

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

He deserted his post in a time of war.

That's your speculation.

There are at least four different versions of how he came to be captured by the Taliban.

That is enough for the death penalty according to the UCMJ, something of which you have no clue about. Nobody drafted this POS. Men DIED trying to find him.

I have confidence that the military will get to the bottom of this, and he will be prosecuted if it's deemed appropriate.

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

He deserted his post in a time of war.

That's your speculation.

There are at least four different versions of how he came to be captured by the Taliban.

That is enough for the death penalty according to the UCMJ, something of which you have no clue about. Nobody drafted this POS. Men DIED trying to find him.

I have confidence that the military will get to the bottom of this, and he will be prosecuted if it's deemed appropriate.

If they are allowed to look at it INDEPENDENT of the COWH views, yes. If not, then no.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

He may be a deep cover operative and was put there to gather intelligence. The cover story has a lot of holes in it.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=bookmark&app_id=4748854339#!/photo.php?fbid=10152489677929187&id=613394186&set=a.10150356828094187.401319.613394186&source=48&refid=7&ref=bookmark&_ft_=qid.6020417205659616113%3Amf_story_key.3509594964315522092&__tn__=E

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=bookmark&app_id=4748854339#!/photo.php?fbid=10152489677929187&id=613394186&set=a.10150356828094187.401319.613394186&source=48&refid=7&ref=bookmark&_ft_=qid.6020417205659616113%3Amf_story_key.3509594964315522092&__tn__=E

Sorry I don't have a facebook account...but what is it ?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=bookmark&app_id=4748854339#!/photo.php?fbid=10152489677929187&id=613394186&set=a.10150356828094187.401319.613394186&source=48&refid=7&ref=bookmark&_ft_=qid.6020417205659616113%3Amf_story_key.3509594964315522092&__tn__=E

Sorry I don't have a facebook account...but what is it ?

Was a statement from his former soldiers he deserted.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:He may be a deep cover operative and was put there to gather intelligence.  The cover story has a lot of holes in it.

What cover story?

What holes?

2seaoat

I was not aware of men dying because of the prisoner. Do you have a link? I am not sure why he was outside the compound, but he was a sgt. and he must have done something right in his military career. I am curious Pace what is your rank in the reserves? I really have no clue if there are more stages than private, corporal and Sgt. I always thought there were different levels within the Sgt. rank classification.......could you let us know what his rank meant.

dumpcare

Don't know which cover story but I read one today either on drudge that says:

One night, after finishing a guard-duty shift, Bowe Bergdahl asked his team leader whether there would be a problem if he left camp with his rifle and night-vision goggles — to which the team leader replied “yes.”
Bergdahl then returned to his bunker, picked up a knife, water, his diary and a camera, and left camp, according to Rolling Stone.
The next morning, he was reported missing, and later that day, a drone and four fighter jets ­began to search for him.

The above is down towards the bottom of this article:

http://nypost.com/2014/05/31/the-bizarre-tale-of-americas-last-known-pow/

If in fact he did leave his post then court martial him, but there may be more to the story. Who knows? Seems like he was hated by his team before he even left.

Sal

Sal

I've read at least four versions of how he was captured ....

1) He walked away from his unit voluntarily

2) He left the base to use a makeshift latrine and was captured

3) He was found by the Taliban drunk

4) He fell behind on a patrol and was captured

As to Seaoat's question, he was promoted twice in absentia while being held as a prisoner.

The Army also never reported him as AWOL.

If he had walked away from his unit voluntarily as is being speculated, why would the Army not report him as a deserter or AWOL, and why would they continue to promote him in absentia?

dumpcare

Sal wrote:I've read at least four versions of how he was captured ....

1) He walked away from his unit voluntarily

2) He left the base to use a makeshift latrine and was captured

3) He was found by the Taliban drunk

4) He fell behind on a patrol and was captured

As to Seaoat's question, he was promoted twice in absentia while being held as a prisoner.

The Army also never reported him as AWOL.

If he had walked away from his unit voluntarily as is being speculated, why would the Army not report him as a deserter or AWOL, and why would they continue to promote him in absentia?

Don't know, maybe that's why there may be more to the story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum