Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone have more info about this? What neighborhood? Nice people?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A Pensacola woman says her family has hit rock bottom after first losing their home to a storm, then criminals raiding what was left of their things.

"It's like my dad says, if it ain't for bad luck, I'd have no luck," said Sheryl Salter.

Salter's luck started early Sunday morning when this tree trunk gave them an early wake up call.

"I honestly thought my roommate had dropped something in the living and when I saw a tree in the house, I was in shock and I still haven't let it sink in," she said.

"Walked in and said man its raining in the bedroom, only thought crossed my mind at the time," Jacob Gilmore said.

The tree went through the ceiling in their daughters room. Fortunately, her daughter wasn't home at the time.

The tree left as much damage to the outside of their house even damaging their car.

For a family that just moved in two weeks ago, it was a terrible shock.

"It's hard, but you gotta hit bottom sometime," Salter said. But bottom was farther down.

As the Red Cross gave them shelter for the night, thieves took the opportunity to help themselves.

"They stole a bunch of tools, weed eater, XBox and the AC. Of course and who knows what else they stole," said Salter.

"Definitely don't have any respect for people like that, don't like that's for sure," Gilmore said.

But Sheryl says they're just things. She takes comfort that at least no one was hurt and that things can only get better from here.

The Red Cross is putting the family up for seven nights.Family displaced by storm damage, then burglarized

Yella

Yella

Suppose the owner decided to sleep in the house with a shotgun in case someone tries to steal anything and blows a couple of thieves to hell and gone.
Would the "Stand your ground"law hold up in court?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:Suppose the owner decided to sleep in the house with a shotgun in case someone tries to steal anything and blows a couple of thieves to hell and gone.
Would the "Stand your ground"law hold up in court?

Inside the home, maybe. In the yard, more doubt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum