Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The old neighborhood - Montclair

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The old neighborhood - Montclair Empty The old neighborhood - Montclair 12/30/2015, 10:58 am

Best place to grow up. We lived in the adjacent neighborhood, Tristan Village. Crescent Lake was across the highway. Booming blue collar neighborhoods in the 1960s. Lots of Navy families. Wonder years...

The old neighborhood - Montclair Montcl10

2seaoat

Maple cabinets........wow.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I picture wood paneling, popcorn ceiling, and bright blue shag carpet.

And and intercom/AM radio system.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:I picture wood paneling, popcorn ceiling, and bright blue shag carpet.  

And and intercom/AM radio system.
Nope.....you are off by a decade. Terrazzo floors were popular. The late 60's early 70's brought shag carpet in greens, browns, orange, and golds along with paneling. Some shaggy carpet was so long you had to use carpet rakes.

Popcorn ceilings came about to cover sheet rock seams.....and 
prior to sheet rock... homes had plaster walls and ceilings. 
As houses settled they inevitably developed  cracks in plaster ceilings and walls. Long about that time acoustical tile ceilings came along.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 12/30/2015, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I lived there for a short time but got tired of large black men coming around making veiled threats demanding I give them money. ...I refused to pay finally and my daughter's bicycle disappeared...I moved to Pace after about 5 months of that crap.

No carpet. I remember my mom mopping and waxing the floors. Seems they were small square tiles that were probably asbestos based. My sister would chase me with the electric buffer. Laughing

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:No carpet.  I remember my mom mopping and waxing the floors. Seems they were small square tiles that were probably asbestos based.   My sister would chase me with the electric buffer.  Laughing

We had hardwood fllors and throw rugs. Bathroom was the classic white and black tile.

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:No carpet.  I remember my mom mopping and waxing the floors. Seems they were small square tiles that were probably asbestos based.   My sister would chase me with the electric buffer.  Laughing

We had hardwood fllors and throw rugs. Bathroom was the classic white and black tile.

Did you live in Montclair, Joani?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

East Hill.

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

East Hill.

Love those houses.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

East Hill.

Love those houses.  

Dad would have never considered moving out of Sacred Heart parish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum