Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"The Masters"

+2
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:31 pm

2seaoat

No one ever got a free drink from Trader because his socks matched

Mike Bass and Terry Smith are liars then.......

52"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:40 pm

Am at dinner right now. Remind me to post about jaws.  South sea was on Zaragoza  and  Palafox.  The one for black folks was a couple of blocks west neat where the courthouse house is.

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 4/11/2014, 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

53"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:43 pm

Mike BAss is not a good source. Lol

54"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:44 pm

Palafox. Lol tiny keyboard little type

55"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 9:51 pm

When Trader first opened, he did just that. He would trade drinks and beer for unusual stuff. He had a big cargo net over the bar and he put all the stuff up there. It was cool because you find all kinds of stuff up there. It got too big and the Fire Dept made him take it down, I once traded a big turtle shell, I found on the beach, for a case of Falstaff. Traders was a miserly dude when it came to money. He would rob you ass blind if you were dumb enough to get really drunk. His wife thought she was some type of Artist and drew pictures of clowns. Might be some of them still around. Not a art critic but lets say they were different. I never hung out very much in traders because it was not that great of a place. Later on I did quite a bit of Handyman type work for him and got to know him fairly well. He lived about 3 blocks from where I am living now. He was never home. He left to go the bar in the AM and did not get home until very late (4 or 5 am) 6 days a week. Sundays he did not go in until around noon. Sometimes he was intresting to talk to but most of the time it was like trying to talk to a aluminum siding salesman on steroids. Navy guys thought it was great and he make a lot of money off of them. Best game of all was "Musical chairs" with Navy dudes in their whites and us locals in Levis. LOL Rough ass game. 99.9% of the time it ended in wresting/fight. But everyone loved it so it was a big draw. Used to have some hell of a good time down town. Palafox Billiards, Temlock Bar, Horse shoe bar, Family dinner, Etc. Almost as much fun as going to the Bodacious Olive.
BTW I think the reward for Finding Trader with matching socks was upped to around 500 dollars.

56"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 10:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:   No one ever got a free drink from Trader because his socks matched

Mike Bass and Terry Smith are liars then.......

Yes they were.

57"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 10:43 pm

Mike Bass used to be my County Commissioner.  His actions were less than stellar.  He was piss poor at his job.  

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 4/11/2014, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

58"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 10:56 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"The Masters" - Page 3 Trader-jons-exterior-1005-1a

59"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 11:16 pm

Thanks. Bob Good photo

60"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/12/2014, 7:16 am

knothead

knothead

No one has mentioned the 'Night Owl' located right down the street from Traders . . . . stayed open till 4:00 AM . . . .

61"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/12/2014, 7:54 am

Back in those days, you could drink in a package store. The Mezzanine on Palafox and Intendencia comes to mind for downtown. You could buy a 1/2 pint or a pint and stand at the counter and drink.They supplied paper cups and Ice but you had to buy Cokes or any other mixers. The 2 Spot on Cross street was the most famous. Bud and Toms on Cervantes still works like that. That is a another story. Hard core drinking. They sold a lot of bozze from there drive though windows. Richies east on Navy Blvd still has a drive in window.

62"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/12/2014, 6:51 pm

2seaoat

Bubba had a rough day today, and other than the second hole, not much luck. He still is in position to win it all Sunday.

63"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/12/2014, 7:30 pm

2seaoat wrote:Bubba had a rough day today, and other than the second hole, not much luck.  He still is in position to win it all Sunday.

It is just another boring golf game with out Mr Woods.

64"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/12/2014, 9:33 pm

2seaoat

I like Bubba. I think he has a gunslinger mentality, and I think today he just took away what makes him so good.

65"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/12/2014, 10:16 pm

He will do well tomorrow if he is on his game. He like to take chances and push the envelope. I like to watch him play. I hope we wins. But anything can happen.

66"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 1:17 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I hope Bubba does well tomorrow. Adam Scott had a bad day. Love seeing Fred Couples playing.

67"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 3:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Go Jordan! lol

this kid is the next Tiger Woods.

68"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:00 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just kidding. Go Bubba! lol

69"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:06 pm

GOLF!

The most boring game in the world.

tongue 

70"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you're watching the tournament,  pay attention when the leaders get to the second shot at the 11th, all of the 12th, and the first two shots at the 13th.
Amen Corner.    lol

71"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:18 pm

I get a kick outa bubba... I sure hope he wins. That kid is impressive too... he's gonna be a star...

but I hope not today.

72"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:39 pm

crow wrote:GOLF!

tongue 

Kinda like sex, aint much to it, if you have never played.  bounce 

73"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:46 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Looks like the pressure is too much for a 20 year old.

74"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Go Bubba !

75"The Masters" - Page 3 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/13/2014, 4:55 pm

Mr Ichi wrote:
crow wrote:GOLF!

tongue 

Kinda like sex, aint much to it, if you have never played.   bounce 

LOL you have asked for it.

If Golf is like sex, call me a virgin. Although ive played golf but I preferred to DRIVE the cart LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum