Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"The Masters"

+2
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 5:48 pm

2seaoat

seven under and three stroke lead.....very good. Milton High School has graduated the most successful pro golfers in the country over the last 25years.......Watson, Weekly, Slocum, and I forget the other pros name. Four kids from the same high school kicking butt. I got to know Slocum's dad and he was a golf instructor from La who came over to Milton, and he always claimed that his instruction helped the older three. I do not recall him talking about Watson. All is good. Watson is good for golf.

27"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 5:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ed built some crappy houses.....he needed to recoup his losses. The advance on the book deal was necessary to keep him afloat.

28"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 5:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a map for Sal. This is the part of town where they grew up.
It's called Pace and Milton (the names of the two adjacent towns).
Where the green circle is on the map.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/17/59/26/92/green10.jpg

29"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:01 pm

Hom/Ade Foods Inc. makes Mary B's dumplings, also sold under the name ... are made at a former corner grocery in this Florida Panhandle hamlet. ... Mary B's frozen biscuits in a toaster oven at his office building in Bagdad.

30"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mary B.....thank goodness. I use her biscuits instead of making hockey pucks.

31"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bahdad.  Hell Sal don't know Baghdad from Schmagdad.  He thinks we've took LSD and we're having flashbacks to Iraq.  lol

32"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the deal, Sal. You've already been designated honorary pensacolian.
But I think you're now ready to take the citizenship test itself.
these are crip notes.

33"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:18 pm

Bob wrote:Here's the deal,  Sal.  You've already been designated honorary pensacolian.
these are crip notes.

#1 Who was "Bill Davis?"

#2 What store did the Levins own down town?

#3 What was Trader Jon famous for?

34"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:19 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Here's the deal,  Sal.  You've already been designated honorary pensacolian.
these are crip notes.

I think you mean crib notes ....

.... or, maybe not.

lol

35"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:21 pm

Sal wrote:
these are crip notes.

I think you mean crib notes ....

.... or, maybe not.

lol

Thats Bizare I mean Bazaar LOL

36"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:21 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal, look at that map I posted again. Look right where I-10 and I-110 intersect. Immediately above that you see the words "Ferry Pass".
I attended Ferry Pass Junior High School the first year it opened.
No, it's not a joke. lol

The motherfuckers up and decided to change the school boundaries.
So here I was gone all through my life with my same urban friends with all kinds of crazy backgrounds (like some version of west side story) and now in the 7th fucking grade they put me on the edge of town (at the time).
Now I was going to school with the hicks they bussed down from Molino (we'd barely ever heard of that name).
Talk about culture shock. lol

37"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:25 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Are we suppose to answer the questions or does Sales have to look them up?

38"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:28 pm

LOL I think a Pensacolian should be able to answer just one of the three for a "Old Person, Go back to where you came from" certificate.

39"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:30 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:LOL  I think a Pensacolian should be able to answer just one of the three for a "Old Person, Go back to where you came from" certificate.

lol

40"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I want my certificate!

41"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 6:35 pm

Answering 2 of the three  makes eligible you for a framed poster that says " I dont give a shit how you used to do it back where you came from"

42"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 7:31 pm

2seaoat

1 Sheriff
2 Pawnbroker
3 No set prices on the drinks

Please send the certificate to who gives a chit, at 1439 who cares street, Pensacola Florida.......

Folks who know what was in Trader Jons before are REAL local people......not posers like Hallmark.

43"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 7:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:1  Sheriff womanizer and that liked teen girls
2 Pawnbroker Ordans clothing store for men.
3  No set prices on the drinksalways wore different color socks

Please send the certificate to who gives a chit, at 1439 who cares street, Pensacola Florida.......

Folks who know what was in Trader Jons before are REAL local people......not posers like Hallmark.

44"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 7:47 pm

2seaoat

joan loses her certificate, because he did not ALWAYS have different socks on....when he had the same socks on....you got a free drink. If I told you my grandmother bought something from the store which was in the space of Trader prior to Trader, would you believe me, and would you know what she bought?

Also, what male does not like a 19 year old girl..........sorry biology is cruel.

45"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 7:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll take a crack at Bill Davis.  But I'll limit it to anything I have personal knowledge of because everybody already knows the rumor stuff.

The following is a caricature of him which was hanging over his desk at his little log cabin like office beside his home on Pine Forest Rd.
Obviously since it was hanging right behind where he sat it had meaning to him.  And it also tells us he could take a joke on him and appreciate self-deprecating stuff.
But it also tells me that when he died the people around him didn't much give a damn about his life.  If they had,  they would have never let some stranger walk in there off the street and buy such a keepsake for $2.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/17/59/26/92/bill_210.jpg

46"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 7:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of the worst manmade disasters which has ever hit us around here was letting them take apart the interior of Trader Jons.  It should be right there right now exactly like it was the day he died. As a museum.

47"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:04 pm

Bill Davis got caught with Mike Iownies wife
L and N luggage shop
No one ever got a free drink from Trader because his socks matched

48"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:05 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pensacola bar trivia for you.

In the Spielberg movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", you may remember that in the beginning of the story they have discovered fighter plane which disappeared in World War 2 is sitting in the middle of the desert.
When the camera pans in to see the inside of the cockpit, there is a World War 2 era calendar on the instrument panel and the Calendar says: "South Seas Bar, Pensacola, FL"

Was there a South Seas Bar on the waterfront in the 40's, Ichi?

49"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:06 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:
No one ever got a free drink from Trader because his socks matched

You mean his socks NEVER matched don't you?  Because didn't you get the free drink if they did match?  lol

50"The Masters" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Masters" 4/11/2014, 8:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The genius of that just hit me. When somebody was trying to decide "do we go to Traders or do we go to Sammys?", they would end up at Traders because they weren't raffling the drinks at Sammys. Except it was a raffle ticket that had no winning combination. All Trader Jon had to do was wear matching socks and the house wins every time.
What genius marketing. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum