Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Crist to run for job as Democrat

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
Ghost Rider
2seaoat
PBulldog2
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Glad y'all think it's funny.  Crist has a very good chance of being our next governor.  Scott does not.
I bet you didn't support Crist before when he was wearing that (R), but I bet your drooling now because of that big (D). LOL
As a matter of fact, I thought Crist was a huge improvement over Jeb Bush...still do...in spite of his jaunt to Europe on the taxpayer dime.  I followed the tax bill closely...I believe he was under tremendous pressure to deliver a bill that favored the investor class over homeowners in Florida, but the 3% annual cap remained.

Not surprised your already making excuses for the new big (D) LOL

I am still laughing so hard. Very Happy 
You are still an idiot.  Laugh at that.  

Or this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57610539/ex-gop-fla-gov-charlie-crist-to-run-for-job-as-democrat/

Nov. 2:

TALLAHASSEE, FLA.   "Former Republican governor-turned Democrat Charlie Crist took the first step Friday toward attempting to reclaim his old job with a new party, paving the way for a bitter contest that will be one of the most watched in the nation.

Crist filed paperwork to get in the race and is now the front-runner to represent Democrats against Republican Gov. Rick Scott, one of the most unpopular chief executives in the country. Scott, though, will be well-financed and is expected to spend as much as $25 million in attack ads against Crist..."

did you just smoke a doobie? LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I guess my posts about the CORRUPTION of Scott's appointees, including his Lieutenant Governor, just escaped your attention...oh, and the recent resignation of his Education Commissioner...but you would still vote for Scott. I'm sorry...you are dumb as a post.

Markle

Markle

Amusing.

More proof positive that the Progressive, low information voter need the little letter along side of the candidate in order to know what box to check.

Even the corrupt Attorney General Eric Holder understands how important that letter is to the success or failure of Democrats.

Justice concludes black voters need Democratic Party

By Ben Conery

The Washington Times

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

KINSTON, N.C. | Voters in this small city decided overwhelmingly last year to do away with the party affiliation of candidates in local elections, but the Obama administration recently overruled the electorate and decided that equal rights for black voters cannot be achieved without the Democratic Party.

The Justice Department’s ruling, which affects races for City Council and mayor, went so far as to say partisan elections are needed so that black voters can elect their “candidates of choice” - identified by the department as those who are Democrats and almost exclusively black.

The department ruled that white voters in Kinston will vote for blacks only if they are Democrats and that therefore the city cannot get rid of party affiliations for local elections because that would violate black voters’ right to elect the candidates they want.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/20/justice-dept-blocks-ncs-nonpartisan-vote/?feat=home_cube_position1##ixzz2jXKAcuYa

FT wrote;

I guess my posts about the CORRUPTION of Scott's appointees, including his Lieutenant Governor, just escaped your attention...oh, and the recent resignation of his Education Commissioner...but you would still vote for Scott. I'm sorry...you are dumb as a post.

----- oh there is never any democratic corruption lol

Markle wrote:Amusing.

More proof positive that the Progressive, low information voter need the little letter along side of the candidate in order to know what box to check.

Even the corrupt Attorney General Eric Holder understands how important that letter is to the success or failure of Democrats.

Justice concludes black voters need Democratic Party

By Ben Conery

The Washington Times

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

KINSTON, N.C. | Voters in this small city decided overwhelmingly last year to do away with the party affiliation of candidates in local elections, but the Obama administration recently overruled the electorate and decided that equal rights for black voters cannot be achieved without the Democratic Party.

The Justice Department’s ruling, which affects races for City Council and mayor, went so far as to say partisan elections are needed so that black voters can elect their “candidates of choice” - identified by the department as those who are Democrats and almost exclusively black.

The department ruled that white voters in Kinston will vote for blacks only if they are Democrats and that therefore the city cannot get rid of party affiliations for local elections because that would violate black voters’ right to elect the candidates they want.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/20/justice-dept-blocks-ncs-nonpartisan-vote/?feat=home_cube_position1##ixzz2jXKAcuYa
That is just amazing. I had not seen this before. Black people should be insulted, matter of a fact lots of people should be insulted. basically what they said our voters are so stupid they only know who to vote for by the (D). And we really don't ant them to try and listen to platforms because they might not choose the (D) and we cant risk that with our valuable sheep herd.

wow

PACEDOG#1 wrote:FT wrote;

----- oh there is never any democratic corruption lol
I know right LMAO! getting preached to about corruption by a Obama supporter. doesn't get any funnier than that LOL

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It's really funny to see PaceDog, who wailed against Rick Scott repeatedly on the forum after he was elected in 2010, suddently support the governor. Razz
I think its reasonable to say that PD supports a balanced budget and is against common core. 2 very good reasons to support a candidate.

Hiring people to run our GOV shouldn't be a popularity contest.
Not even a popularity contest anymore. It's a beauty pageant.

Imagine the great leaders we have had in the past. With all the exposure, camera angles, TV. Every miniscule thing about their lives dragged out into the public.

Little wonder we now have either total corruption running which can and does cover anything negative about their candidate or total milquetoast candidates who have accomplished...nothing or a combination.

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It's really funny to see PaceDog, who wailed against Rick Scott repeatedly on the forum after he was elected in 2010, suddently support the governor. Razz
I think its reasonable to say that PD supports a balanced budget and is against common core. 2 very good reasons to support a candidate.

Hiring people to run our GOV shouldn't be a popularity contest.
Not even a popularity contest anymore. It's a beauty pageant.

Imagine the great leaders we have had in the past. With all the exposure, camera angles, TV. Every miniscule thing about their lives dragged out into the public.

Little wonder we now have either total corruption running which can and does cover anything negative about their candidate or total milquetoast candidates who have accomplished...nothing or a combination.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

49 of 50 states have a requirement to balance their respective budgets...the only exception is Vermont. Some states have emergency clauses that allow latitude, but this is not the case in Florida. Scott's claims that the state budget has a surplus are "half true", because carrying a surplus, more aptly named "reserve" is commonplace for Florida.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2011/aug/18/rick-scott/gov-scott-says-deficit-turned-surplus/

Privatization of government services is a method to get the costs off government books, but private enterprise requires a profit in most cases, so in the long term, privatization shifts costs but costs more.

Floridatexan wrote:
49 of 50 states have a requirement to balance their respective budgets...the only exception is Vermont.  Some states have emergency clauses that allow latitude, but this is not the case in Florida.  Scott's claims that the state budget has a surplus are "half true", because carrying a surplus, more aptly named "reserve" is commonplace for Florida.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2011/aug/18/rick-scott/gov-scott-says-deficit-turned-surplus/

Privatization of government services is a method to get the costs off government books, but private enterprise requires a profit in most cases, so in the long term, privatization shifts costs but costs more.
this must really be bothering you. LOL

so you come along and give us information about how scott made GOV smaller by privatizing some sectors, which is GOOD to those of us who want smaller more effective gov.

Despite the increasing prison population, the DOC budget has been cut by $244 million — to just over $2 billion in 2013 — and its workforce has dropped by more than 6,000 full-time employees, to 23,268 this year, which Scott's office cites as proof of success

This summer, an appeals court cleared the way for the department to complete the nation's largest privatization of health care in the prison system, an effort that is shaving some 2,300 prison employees from the state workforce and is projected to save taxpayers $14 million a year
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-09-24/news/os-prison-privatization-failure-20130923_1_prison-population-prison-privatization-prison-system

rick scott has done a good job with managing the state. doesn't matter if you like him or not. He's doing a good job for Floridians. period.

Floridatexan wrote:
49 of 50 states have a requirement to balance their respective budgets...the only exception is Vermont.  Some states have emergency clauses that allow latitude, but this is not the case in Florida.  Scott's claims that the state budget has a surplus are "half true", because carrying a surplus, more aptly named "reserve" is commonplace for Florida.

The privatization done, especially by school districts in regards to food service, janitorial and buses, will not cost more as there is no LONG term retirement or insurance benefits contributions by the counties that do so for those employees. I believe they call those legacy costs.

Again, Charlie Judas Crist will not win election in this state for even dog catcher. He couldn't beat a young upstart named Rubio. Scott will trounce whomever the Dems throw up as cannon fodder. You might not like Scott, but Florida has been better off with his reforms and the FRS is more solvent than ever which bodes will for ONE of my retirement checks.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Again, Charlie Judas Crist will not win election in this state for even dog catcher. He couldn't beat a young upstart named Rubio. Scott will trounce whomever the Dems throw up as cannon fodder. You might not like Scott, but Florida has been better off with his reforms and the FRS is more solvent than ever which bodes will for ONE of my retirement checks.
After Rick Scott was elected, you whined and moaned on the forums about how much you disliked him. Musta had a change of heart about old Rick, huh? Are you gonna take back what you said before about him?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

He's not screwed things up whether you're it or not .

Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

so you come along and give us information about how scott made GOV smaller by privatizing some sectors, which is GOOD to those of us who want smaller more effective gov.

Despite the increasing prison population, the DOC budget has been cut by $244 million — to just over $2 billion in 2013 — and its workforce has dropped by more than 6,000 full-time employees, to 23,268 this year, which Scott's office cites as proof of success

This summer, an appeals court cleared the way for the department to complete the nation's largest privatization of health care in the prison system, an effort that is shaving some 2,300 prison employees from the state workforce and is projected to save taxpayers $14 million a year
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-09-24/news/os-prison-privatization-failure-20130923_1_prison-population-prison-privatization-prison-system

rick scott has done a good job with managing the state. doesn't matter if you like him or not. He's doing a good job for Floridians. period.
So outing 6000 employees out of a job is good? Is that what I read in your post?

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Again, Charlie Judas Crist will not win election in this state for even dog catcher. He couldn't beat a young upstart named Rubio. Scott will trounce whomever the Dems throw up as cannon fodder. You might not like Scott, but Florida has been better off with his reforms and the FRS is more solvent than ever which bodes will for ONE of my retirement checks.
Scott is trailing Crist by 10 points O brilliant one.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

So outing 6000 employees out of a job is good? Is that what I read in your post?
you always make me laugh dreams

gov employees really don't effect the economy unless there is a bunch of them sucking the life out of us.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

gov employees really don't effect the economy unless there is a bunch of them sucking the life out of us.
Gov. employees don't effect the economy? Really? You want to think about that stupid statement?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Gov. employees don't effect the economy? Really? You want to think about that stupid statement?
As you know, those 6,000 government workers are now employees of private companies. So the net affect on the economy is what?

And you know that how?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Oh BS, Chrissy! Look at the number of jobs lost in the paragraphs above: 8,300. Great job, Dicky!

Dick Scott is a parasite who is destroying our state. He is an arrogant, sociopathic little man who cares nothing for Floridians. All he cares about is money, and he prefers to make it off the backs of people who are ill.

polecat

polecat

If rick scott was a Democrat and being introduced on the sean hannity show..
our guest tonigh is Florida Governor Rick On March 19, 1997, investigators from the FBI, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Health and Human Services served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso and on dozens of doctors with suspected ties to the company.[26] The Columbia/HCA board of directors pressured Scott to resign as Chairman and CEO following the inquiry.[27] He was paid $9.88 million in a settlement. He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million.[28][29][30] In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.

In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA pled guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in the largest fraud settlement in US history. Columbia/HCA admitted systematically overcharging the government by claiming marketing costs as reimbursable, by striking illegal deals with home care agencies, and by filing false data about use of hospital space. They also admitted fraudulently billing Medicare and other health programs by inflating the seriousness of diagnoses and to giving doctors partnerships in company hospitals as a kickback for the doctors referring patients to HCA. They filed false cost reports, fraudulently billing Medicare for home health care workers, and paid kickbacks in the sale of home health agencies and to doctors to refer patients. In addition, they gave doctors "loans" never intending to be repaid, free rent, free office furniture, and free drugs from hospital pharmacies.[3][4][5][6][7]

In late 2002, HCA agreed to pay the U.S. government $631 million, plus interest, and pay $17.5 million to state Medicaid agencies, in addition to $250 million paid up to that point to resolve outstanding Medicare expense claims.[31] In all, civil law suits cost HCA more than $2 billion to settle, by far the largest fraud settlement in US history Scott.

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Oh BS, Chrissy! Look at the number of jobs lost in the paragraphs above:  8,300. Great job, Dicky!

Dick Scott is a parasite who is destroying our state. He is an arrogant, sociopathic little man who cares nothing for Floridians. All he cares about is money, and he prefers to make it off the backs of people who are ill.
Please do tell us how he is destroying our state?

I cant wait to hear this.

Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Crist to run for job as Democrat  - Page 2 -PAXP-deijE

Ohhhhh so me posting pics got to the liberals and now I can't post anymore? Losers.

polecat wrote:If rick scott was a Democrat and being introduced on the sean hannity show..
our guest tonigh is Florida Governor Rick On March 19, 1997, investigators from the FBI, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Health and Human Services served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso and on dozens of doctors with suspected ties to the company.[26] The Columbia/HCA board of directors pressured Scott to resign as Chairman and CEO following the inquiry.[27] He was paid $9.88 million in a settlement. He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million.[28][29][30] In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.

In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA pled guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in the largest fraud settlement in US history. Columbia/HCA admitted systematically overcharging the government by claiming marketing costs as reimbursable, by striking illegal deals with home care agencies, and by filing false data about use of hospital space. They also admitted fraudulently billing Medicare and other health programs by inflating the seriousness of diagnoses and to giving doctors partnerships in company hospitals as a kickback for the doctors referring patients to HCA. They filed false cost reports, fraudulently billing Medicare for home health care workers, and paid kickbacks in the sale of home health agencies and to doctors to refer patients. In addition, they gave doctors "loans" never intending to be repaid, free rent, free office furniture, and free drugs from hospital pharmacies.[3][4][5][6][7]

In late 2002, HCA agreed to pay the U.S. government $631 million, plus interest, and pay $17.5 million to state Medicaid agencies, in addition to $250 million paid up to that point to resolve outstanding Medicare expense claims.[31] In all, civil law suits cost HCA more than $2 billion to settle, by far the largest fraud settlement in US history Scott.
bet we can dig up more on your hero in the WH

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum