Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Crist to run for job as Democrat

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
Ghost Rider
2seaoat
PBulldog2
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Former Republican governor-turned Democrat Charlie Crist took the first step Friday toward attempting to reclaim his old job with a new party, paving the way for a bitter contest that will be one of the most watched in the nation.

Crist filed paperwork to get in the race and is now the front-runner to represent Democrats against Republican Gov. Rick Scott, one of the most unpopular chief executives in the country. Scott, though, will be well-financed and is expected to spend as much as $25 million in attack ads against Crist.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FLORIDA_GOVERNORS_RACE_CRIST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-11-01-17-32-00

Always knew he was a RINO

If this guy is the best the DEms have to offer, Scott gets reelected hands down.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:If this guy is the best the DEms have to offer, Scott gets reelected hands down.
I'm having a big laugh about it LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Glad y'all think it's funny.  Crist has a very good chance of being our next governor.  Scott does not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/charlie-crist-rick-scott-poll_n_4031808.html

New Poll: Charlie Crist Leads Rick Scott By Double Digits

It's not you, Charlie Crist: it's Rick Scott.

A new poll shows the incumbent Republican governor of Florida is struggling so much that Crist, who is viewed favorably by only 43 percent of respondents, still leads Scott by a 12 point margin (50-38) in hypothetical 2014 gubernatorial race.

Crist has yet to announce as expected that he'll run against Scott, and the Orlando Sentinel deemed the poll "laughably too early to mean jack."

But what it does show is that Scott's numbers remain roughly the same -- and very, very bad. Public Policy Polling noted in a release that he continues to be one of the most unpopular governors in the country, with a 33 percent approval and 55 percent disapproval rating.

In fact, the firm reports there are only five governors on whom it has conducted polls who've ever put up worse net approval ratings than Scott, who campaigned on job creation and whose first term has been mired in court fights against Obamacare and to drug test state workers and welfare recipients.

"His numbers have remained basically static over the course of this year and he'll need a big improvement over the next 13 months if he's going to get reelected," PPP president Dean Debnam said in a statement.

The poll bears more good news for Crist, who preceded Scott as a Republican governor of Florida, lost a subsequent senate race to Marco Rubio (R) as an independent, then switched parties in 2012 and campaigned for Barack Obama.

PPP results show he leads declared but lesser-known Democratic candidate Nan Rich 59-16 in a hypothetical matchup.

The Raleigh-based company says it surveyed 579 Florida voters between September 27 and 29; the poll's margin of error is 4.1 percent.

-----------------------
http://www.dangelber.com/blog/view_blog.php?ID=270Scott's Revolving Door of Failure
Aug 8, 2013
By Dan

If you ran a business and nearly every person you appointed to a critical position resigned under a cloud of incompetence or fraud at some point someone just might point out the failure is yours. Florida Governor Rick Scott is hoping no one notices that in just three short years he has compiled an unprecedented record of his top appointees being forced out or resigning due to a lack of ability, a lack of honesty, or both. Consider the following:
• Scott’s Lieutenant Governor resigned amidst allegations she assisted a fake veterans charity whose organizers have all been indicted for criminal misconduct.
• His Chief of Staff left after it was revealed he steered a no-bid consulting contract to a friend who, ironically, was leading a task force rooting out government waste.
• Scott has gone through multiple Education Commissioners, two of whom departed based on revelations of incompetence and fraud surrounding the state’s controversial school grading system.
• His appointee responsible for protecting vulnerable children, the head of the Department of Children and Families (DCF), left after a series of horrific and entirely preventable tragedies.
• His appointees responsible for protecting vulnerable senior citizens are out: the first was shown the door because Scott believed he was over-protecting our seniors, and the second is on house arrest for “unspecified” wrongdoing.
• Scott has forced out, not one, but two Directors of Florida’s Department of Economic Opportunity. One was canned because he admitted the state wasted tens of million to lure companies to Florida without producing jobs; the other was fired because it was revealed he received unemployment benefits during his ritzy European vacations. (His excuse: it gave him a better understanding of his department’s mission of overseeing the state’s unemployment compensation program)
• And the man he chose to oversee programs for persons with disabilities resigned to avoid testifying before a Senate panel about a sex scandal at a Tampa group home he supervised.
And this list, by no means, is even close to Scott’s entire list of drive-by appointees. He has had three different chiefs-of-staff, a handful of education commissioners, four secretaries of states, three general counsels, and three secretaries of corrections. (...and a partridge in a pear tree)
When Rick Scott said he was going to run Florida like a business, it makes you wonder what kind of business he was referring to.
This inability to find competent and honest people to serve Floridians has real repercussions.
Public school students have had 5 different education commissioners, the last one holding the job for only 7 months. How can Floridians have faith in a school system with such rampant turnover at the top?
Hiring an unqualified ideologue to lead our Department of Children&Families made it much more difficult to protect vulnerable children under state supervision. Floridians were shocked by the recent parade of child deaths from DCF miscues.
Vulnerable senior citizens, public school children, Floridians with disabilities, children at risk of abuse. The list of our citizens short-changed by this incompetence just keeps growing.
But it’s not hard to figure out why Scott’s appointees seem so ethically challenged.
After all, it is Scott himself who has fostered a “pay to play” style of governance, making it no surprise that so many of his appointees have followed his lead. After Scott opened up a re-election fund, ironically titled “Let’s Get to Work,” he did just that. Scott began furiously accepting huge checks from special interests trying to obtain profitable state contracts or favorable legislation.
When a new upstart insurance company with a shady history needed support to get a no-bid Citizens Property Insurance deal approved, it ponied up $110,000 to Scott’s fund, and that month Scott’s appointees starting pushing through a $52 million giveaway.
It’s also Governor Scott who has made his administration unaccepting of anything other than the most rigid right-wing ideologies. When the feds were offering Florida $2.4 billion for a high-speed rail to connect Tampa and Orlando, Scott placated his tea party supporters by rejecting the funds notwithstanding the tens of thousands of jobs the project would have created.
Filling your administration with ideologues means pragmatism takes a back seat to political ideology. Many of Scott’s appointees failed because they followed flawed dogmas at the expense of job performance.
Ultimately, Scott is hoping voters don’t blame him for the revolving door of incompetence he has brought to Florida. He hopes to be re-elected by trying to take credit for a national economic recovery that, ironically, has been buoyed by fiscal policies he opposed. But given the magnitude of dysfunction Rick Scott has brought to Florida, it is more likely voters show him the same exit door used by his growing roster of failed appointees.

Last edited by Floridatexan on 11/2/2013, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan wrote:
Glad y'all think it's funny.  Crist has a very good chance of being our next governor.  Scott does not.
I bet you didn't support Crist before when he was wearing that (R), but I bet your drooling now because of that big (D). LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I bet you didn't support Crist before when he was wearing that (R), but I bet your drooling now because of that big (D). LOL
As a matter of fact, I thought Crist was a huge improvement over Jeb Bush...still do...in spite of his jaunt to Europe on the taxpayer dime. I followed the tax bill closely...I believe he was under tremendous pressure to deliver a bill that favored the investor class over homeowners in Florida, but the 3% annual cap remained.

7Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Crist to run for job as Democrat  Empty well, actually...... 11/2/2013, 11:28 am

Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Well, actually, Charlie was a moderate Governor, and I did not disagree with most of what he did. He was a good governor, a moderate one.  Oh. I forgot. You are an ultra-conservative. You have no idea what the word 'moderate' means.
Here, let me help you:
mod·er·ate  [adj., mod-er-it, mod-rit]
adjective
1.kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense.

See you far-far-far righties only know extremes. We need more moderate politicians to govern effectively. How are the extreme positions that your precious tea party is taking working? Gridlock? Obstructionism?

Rick 'The Fraud' Scott is one and done. I hope he spends every dime he defrauded the government out of on his re-election.
I posted about Crist last week. You are behind the times, as usual since you are an ultra-conservative, after all. Not really known for being up with the times, are you? Stuck in the past, usually.
Thanks.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I always like Charlie Crist, too (even when he was a Republican.)

I'm behind anyone who will make an all-out effort to dethrone Dick Scott.

2seaoat

I listened to the ring of fire where Pap interviewed Charlie, and he explained how his Republican Party is all but gone. The truth is that Charlie did not leave the Republican Party......the Republican Party as we knew it is gone, and what has taken its place is not the Republican Party, but a small splinter group of fanatics who will destroy the party, and guarantee Democrats control government......a suicidal pact with the devil.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Crist always was a RINO.

2seaoat

He was always a moderate republican. When the Republican Party was destroyed and the migration of Dixiecrat Democrats over to the Republican Party, moderate republicans became rinos and dixiecrats under the blanket of hate and bigotry created the illusion that Ted Cruz is a republican....where libertarian and secessionist whose central political philosophy is the destruction of government now claim the same, but the Republican Party as a national party will suffer the same fate of other failed parties, or real Republicans will finally get the gonads to expel the crazies and take back their party. Charlie is a prototypical politician standing for everything and standing for nothing, but he understands compromise and the legitimacy of government. He will win as people are beginning to understand.

Floridatexan wrote: Glad y'all think it's funny.  Crist has a very good chance of being our next governor.  Scott does not.

Keep Dreaming FT...Sink couldn't even beat Scott who poorly illuminated the type of government he would run in Florida. If Scott was beatable, Sink wouldn't be running for the deceased Rep Young's spot in Congress. Charlie "Judas" Crist stand a snowball's chance in hell against Rick Scott's 400 million personal campaign fund of which we know he will use. I was against Scott when he ran and hated that he stole 3% of my money for replacement of state funds into the FRS, but he is against Common Core which is a crap education program and we have always had a balanced budget without the Shenanigans of Bush when he was governor.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It's really funny to see PaceDog, who wailed against Rick Scott repeatedly on the forum after he was elected in 2010, suddently support the governor. Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
As a matter of fact, I thought Crist was a huge improvement over Jeb Bush...still do...in spite of his jaunt to Europe on the taxpayer dime.  I followed the tax bill closely...I believe he was under tremendous pressure to deliver a bill that favored the investor class over homeowners in Florida, but the 3% annual cap remained.

Not surprised your already making excuses for the new big (D) LOL

I am still laughing so hard. Very Happy 

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It's really funny to see PaceDog, who wailed against Rick Scott repeatedly on the forum after he was elected in 2010, suddently support the governor. Razz
I think its reasonable to say that PD supports a balanced budget and is against common core. 2 very good reasons to support a candidate.

Hiring people to run our GOV shouldn't be a popularity contest.

CarlSagan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Well, actually, Charlie was a moderate Governor, and I did not disagree with most of what he did. He was a good governor, a moderate one.  Oh. I forgot. You are an ultra-conservative. You have no idea what the word 'moderate' means.
Here, let me help you:
mod·er·ate  [adj., mod-er-it, mod-rit]
adjective
1.kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense.

See you far-far-far righties only know extremes. We need more moderate politicians to govern effectively. How are the extreme positions that your precious tea party is taking working? Gridlock? Obstructionism?

Rick 'The Fraud' Scott is one and done. I hope he spends every dime he defrauded the government out of on his re-election.
I posted about Crist last week. You are behind the times, as usual since you are an ultra-conservative, after all. Not really known for being up with the times, are you? Stuck in the past, usually.
Thanks.
yes yes oh mr dumbass strikes again Rolling Eyes 

Im such a far far rightie LMAO

You know us republican leaning lesbians LOL

and didn't see your post. maybe I was busy working or just overlooking you lol

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It's really funny to see PaceDog, who wailed against Rick Scott repeatedly on the forum after he was elected in 2010, suddently support the governor. Razz
I think its reasonable to say that PD supports a balanced budget and is against common core. 2 very good reasons to support a candidate.

Hiring people to run our GOV shouldn't be a popularity contest.

EXACTLY,

Margin Call

Margin Call

PACEDOG#1 wrote:If this guy is the best the DEms have to offer, Scott gets reelected hands down.
Nope. There is going to be significant turnover at the RPOF.

knothead

knothead

In a very real sense there is an ironic side story here no one has mentioned.  Crist was demonized for warmly greeting President Obama, even giving a momentary embrace, following a disaster and that photo was used successfully in attack ads paid for by TP funds putting Rubio in the winner's circle.
In NJ, the fat governor (his name escapes me) also warmly greeted President Obama and gushed before the media what a great man of his word Obama was . . . . different outcome.  The fat guys favor ability rating soared so go figure . . . I guess the take away here is the TP has more influence in the Sunshine state and not so much in NJ?

I will cast my vote for ole Charlie (again) because he is sensible, not driven by crazy ideology and a realist . . . . meaning that compromise is sometimes required in order to govern.

knothead wrote:In a very real sense there is an ironic side story here no one has mentioned.  Crist was demonized for warmly greeting President Obama, even giving a momentary embrace, following a disaster and that photo was used successfully in attack ads paid for by TP funds putting Rubio in the winner's circle.
In NJ, the fat governor (his name escapes me) also warmly greeted President Obama and gushed before the media what a great man of his word Obama was . . . . different outcome.  The fat guys favor ability rating soared so go figure . . . I guess the take away here is the TP has more influence in the Sunshine state and not so much in NJ?

I will cast my vote for ole Charlie (again) because he is sensible, not driven by crazy ideology and a realist . . . . meaning that compromise is sometimes required in order to govern.
Charlie represents everything that is fake about politicians. even to his really bad over cooked tan. Ive never liked him. He is so transparent as a person who would do anything say anything to get into power as I have ever seen. So I do believe that it is appropriate that he now wears the big (D).

so be honest knot, you will vote for him because he wears the big (D), nothing more, nothing less. Now lie all you want. it is what it is

Good chrissy... why would this incarnation be any more sincere that his last? What exactly would you expect?

knothead

knothead

Chrissy wrote:
knothead wrote:In a very real sense there is an ironic side story here no one has mentioned.  Crist was demonized for warmly greeting President Obama, even giving a momentary embrace, following a disaster and that photo was used successfully in attack ads paid for by TP funds putting Rubio in the winner's circle.

Charlie represents everything that is fake about politicians. even to his really bad over cooked tan. Ive never liked him. He is so transparent as a person who would do anything say anything to get into power as I have ever seen. So I do believe that it is appropriate that he now wears the big (D).

so be honest knot, you will vote for him because he wears the big (D), nothing more, nothing less. Now lie all you want. it is what it is
No Chrissy, sorry to disappoint but I voted for Charlie when he had a (R) beside his name. Yes he is a politician and ain't no denying that. Scott is a freaking dishonest person but he is loaded and will probably cut a check for a few mil for this last campaign. I vote for ideas and ones ability to govern. In the last presidential election I have said repeatedly here that I would have voted for Jon Hunstman and he too had that pesky (R) beside his name. But you brought up who is transparent . . . . Rubio is a suit to me . . . you know what I mean? He stands for nothing, speaks from his cliff notes and just has no substance whatsoever. I can relate to your disdain for politicians in general . . . .

Scott has no chance of being reelected in Fl. In the words of ole GW-"fool me once, fool me twice,you can't fool me again".LOL!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
As a matter of fact, I thought Crist was a huge improvement over Jeb Bush...still do...in spite of his jaunt to Europe on the taxpayer dime.  I followed the tax bill closely...I believe he was under tremendous pressure to deliver a bill that favored the investor class over homeowners in Florida, but the 3% annual cap remained.

Not surprised your already making excuses for the new big (D) LOL

I am still laughing so hard. Very Happy 
You are still an idiot. Laugh at that.

Or this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57610539/ex-gop-fla-gov-charlie-crist-to-run-for-job-as-democrat/

Nov. 2:

TALLAHASSEE, FLA. "Former Republican governor-turned Democrat Charlie Crist took the first step Friday toward attempting to reclaim his old job with a new party, paving the way for a bitter contest that will be one of the most watched in the nation.

Crist filed paperwork to get in the race and is now the front-runner to represent Democrats against Republican Gov. Rick Scott, one of the most unpopular chief executives in the country. Scott, though, will be well-financed and is expected to spend as much as $25 million in attack ads against Crist..."

knothead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

No Chrissy, sorry to disappoint but I voted for Charlie when he had a (R) beside his name.  Yes he is a politician and ain't no denying that.  Scott is a freaking dishonest person but he is loaded and will probably cut a check for a few mil for this last campaign.  I vote for ideas and ones ability to govern.  In the last presidential election I have said repeatedly here that I would have voted for Jon Hunstman and he too had that pesky (R) beside his name.  But you brought up who is transparent . . . . Rubio is a suit to me . . . you know what I mean? He stands for nothing, speaks from his cliff notes and just has no substance whatsoever.  I can relate to your disdain for politicians in general . . . .
Im not a Rubio fan either. his campaign called me for donations. I got on a list somehow lol... and I refrained.

I do not see very many running or any seats that I truly support.

I do not care how much money someone has. you mention tat about scott as if being wealthy somehow diminishes his contributions to running the state.

I just as PD am against the common core and have always been a fiscal conservative. Those are 2 very good reasons alone to vote for scott.

Now tell me, what platform issues will you be supporting Charlie on?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum