Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge. AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread".

+4
Markle
Floridatexan
cool1
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sandwiched right between the two,  is what you see below.  
It is a massive transmitter of electromagnetic radiation.  Biggest one I've ever seen.  There's some serious electromagnetic energy coming out of this thing because it has two big air-conditioning units to cool the transmitters.  And some monstrous cables carrying the signals to the antennae.
In fact,  whenever I go into the Coffee Cup to eat or to the Azalea Lounge to drink,  I always run a geiger counter wand over myself when I leave to make sure I won't glow in the dark later.

p.s.  there is one piece of good news,  however.  This facility now has a big Generac for power backup.   And that may be becoming standard for all cell tower installations (dunno).  Back in 2004 after Ivan,  a lot of the cell service went out until several days or a week later when they carried portable gas generators to the various locations to get them back online.  Hopefully,  the Generacs will prevent cellphone outages from happening again.

p.p.s  no I didn't just come back from drinking at the bar.  I just came back from having a club sandwich at the Coffee Cup.  And boy did it hit the spot.

Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge.  AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread". Cell110
Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge.  AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread". Cell210

Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge.  AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread". Cam00111

Last edited by Bob on 10/29/2013, 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

cool1

cool1

all that for a cell tower !  At the bottom of it --It looks like a power plant Laughing

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I complain about a lot of stuff in today's society.  But this is one where I have nothing but praise.

I pay $45/month to be on the Verizon towers.  That gives me unlimited calling,  text and data.
And I paid only $79.95 for a really great bang-for-buck LG android smartphone.

Finally,  after years and years of using every prepaid provider/phone combination available,  I now have something that performs damn near perfectly and satisfies my every need.
It has a better coverage area and is faster on the web than anything I've ever had.  And the cheap smartphone does everything I need it to do.  And the best feature of all is the amount of time it gives me on a charge and even when I'm doing a lot of phone and web. Probably double that of any other smartphone I've owned including some very expensive ones.

Thankyou Walmart for making this happen.

cool1

cool1

I am on the Walmart family plan .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

cool1 wrote:I am on the Walmart family plan .
Are you on Straight Talk or something else, cool?

cool1

cool1

Bob wrote:
cool1 wrote:I am on the Walmart family plan .
Are you on Straight Talk or something else, cool?
we use t-moble phones ----walmart plan I was paying for 4 phones around 140 a month --I just dropped one so my bill next month should be around 120 The lady told me on the phone it would drop to around $96.00 I don't think so though because before I was paying around $120.00

I will let you know when my bill comes through!

I have Text -web--long distance --all together no limits on either one --not bad .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

cool1 wrote:
we use t-moble phones ----walmart plan I was paying for 4 phones around 140 a month --I just dropped one so my bill next month should be around 120  The lady told me on the phone it would drop to around $96.00 I don't think so though because before I was paying around $120.00

I will let you know when my bill comes through!

I have Text -web--long distance --all together no limits on either one --not bad .
Gotcha.  When you need a family plan (and that's as good as any) this won't apply.  Because the service I'm using I don't think does anything but single-phone accounts so it won't offer any savings on multiple phones.

But for anyone like me who uses only one smartphone (and this really is only a great deal when using a smartphone),  I can now recommend something to anyone reading this and my recommendation comes from actually using about every prepaid deal the industry has ever offered.

The plan is Walmart's Straight Talk.  No contract $45/mo for unlimited talk, text and web after you buy the phone.
What makes this offer so special is this.
Dependent on the make/model of phone you buy,  you can get on either the Verizon or the AT&T systems.  
In the beginning I was skeptical.  I thought when I went on Straight Talk with a Verizon compatible phone it would probably give me some inferior version of Verizon coverage and data speed.  But after six or seven months,  I've discovered the Straight Talk version of verizon gives  the same coverage area as an expensive Verizon contract plan does.
I opted for an inexpensive (LG Optimus Dynamic which is now priced at only $39.95)) smartphone which will give me only 3G. BUT the Straight Talk/Verizon 3G is giving me considerably faster data speed (and I mean a whole lots faster) than the 4G I had with a T-Mobile prepaid plan and that was even when using a much more advanced and more expensive smartphone.

There really is no better deal on the market right now when it comes to what you get for the amount of money spent.

I've been considering upgrading my phone to a newer more advanced (and considerably more expensive) smartphone that will put me on 4G or 4G LTE which the same $45 unlimited plan will accomodate.  But every time I decide to do it I back out because I know the upgraded phone will eat up a battery charge a lot faster than what I have now.  And I really value long battery life.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

There was a plan to erect one of these at the Marina Oyster Barn. I and a lot of my neighbors protested, carrying signs on Cervantes and back to the proposed site. Result: no cell tower.

9Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge.  AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread". Empty good stuff 10/29/2013, 3:55 pm

Good Stuff, Bob. Very entertaining. I wonder about all the microwaves and the specific absorption rate. I swear I can feel a phone when it is near my body. Because I think I can feel the phone, and can only hold it to my head for very short periods of time, and I cannot carry a phone in my pocket. I have to use a bluetooth, or I found an old rotary phone-like handset that plugs into the phone jack for extended calls on my mobile. I can hear better, people hear me better, and it advertises 99% reduction in SAR. My land line sounds so much better, so I will always keep it.
Thanks, again.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I complain about a lot of stuff in today's society.  But this is one where I have nothing but praise.

I pay $45/month to be on the Verizon towers.  That gives me unlimited calling,  text and data.

Finally,  after years and years of using every prepaid provider/phone combination available,  I now have something that performs damn near perfectly and satisfies my every need.
It has a better coverage area and is faster on the web than anything I've ever had.  And the cheap smartphone does everything I need it to do.  And the best feature of all is the amount of time it gives me on a charge and even when I'm doing a lot of phone and web. Probably double that of any other smartphone I've owned including some very expensive ones.

Sounds like you are happy with your Android smartphone. I've been thinking of getting a smartphone. Yes, I still have a "flip phone" and I'm 2 years past due for an upgrade. Android is one of the phones we can use with our electronic Lock Box system.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:I complain about a lot of stuff in today's society.  But this is one where I have nothing but praise.

Sounds like you are happy with your Android smartphone.  I've been thinking of getting a smartphone.  Yes, I still have a "flip phone" and I'm 2 years past due for an upgrade.  Android is one of the phones we can use with our electronic Lock Box system.

One day I might get a smart phone....my flip phone works great.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Sandwiched right between the two,  is what you see below.  
It is a massive transmitter of electromagnetic radiation.  Biggest one I've ever seen.  There's some serious electromagnetic energy coming out of this thing because it has two big air-conditioning units to cool the transmitters.  And some monstrous cables carrying the signals to the antennae.
In fact,  whenever I go into the Coffee Cup to eat or to the Azalea Lounge to drink,  I always run a geiger counter wand over myself when I leave to make sure I won't glow in the dark later.

p.s.  there is one piece of good news,  however.  This facility now has a big Generac for power backup.   And that may be becoming standard for all cell tower installations (dunno).  Back in 2004 after Ivan,  a lot of the cell service went out until several days or a week later when they carried portable gas generators to the various locations to get them back online.  Hopefully,  the Generacs will prevent cellphone outages from happening again.

p.p.s  no I didn't just come back from drinking at the bar.  I just came back from having a club sandwich at the Coffee Cup.  And boy did it hit the spot.

Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge.  AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread". Cell110
Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge.  AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread". Cell210

Why you don't want a job at the Coffee Cup or at the Azalea Lounge.  AKA "the stuff around us we take for granted thread". Cam00111
I have read many places that high power lines and cell phone towers have no health affects. That may or may not be true, I don't know. I do know that a house is more difficult to sell if it backs up or has high tension power lines nearby.

I figure if I don't glow by now with all I've been exposed to, nothing else is going to matter.

I remember as a kid that when you had shoes fit, you stepped up on like a box and put your feet through the opening at the bottom and the X-rays would show where your toes were in relation to the shoe.

Before I bought steel toe motocross boots, I broke my toes and feet several times. X-rays every time. Now my toes point in funny directions but they don't glow.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am surprised the fence around that tower doesnt' have those barb-wire thingys on top of it. Some pranksters could really do a lot of sabotage if they ever got inside that compound.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:

Sounds like you are happy with your Android smartphone.  I've been thinking of getting a smartphone.  Yes, I still have a "flip phone" and I'm 2 years past due for an upgrade.  Android is one of the phones we can use with our electronic Lock Box system.

Mine does too although I did just start texting about six months ago.

When I was younger...I used to love having ALMOST the latest thing. I liked someone else to work out the bugs first. Now, it doesn't seem as important for some reason. Just glad when I wake up!

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am surprised the fence around that tower doesnt' have those barb-wire thingys on top of it. Some pranksters could really do a lot of sabotage if they ever got inside that compound.
I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to electricity but personally, I wouldn't want to be inside that fence if someone was prying things open and doing damage. Besides, it's one cell tower and I'm sure that others would pickup the slack when they carried off the chared remains.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:

When I was younger...I used to love having ALMOST the latest thing.  I liked someone else to work out the bugs first.  Now, it doesn't seem as important for some reason.  Just glad when I wake up!
Lol.....my kids will text me. If I send a text it takes about 10 minutes....if I make a mistake there is no backup button.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
There was a plan to erect one of these at the Marina Oyster Barn.  I and a lot of my neighbors protested, carrying signs on Cervantes and back to the proposed site.  Result:  no cell tower.
You must have been a member of that "No-Cell Citizens" activist group. There was a lady from that group who was allowed to write a 700 word Viewpoint in the PNJ on that cell-tower issue. Normally, Viewpoints are allowed only 400 words, so this lady must have been a member of Pensacola's in-crowd. That Viewpoint was the most poorly-written article I have ever seen. It rambled aimlessly and was painful to read. I made sure I tore the author up really good in the comments section below the article!

I don't have a lot of use for the people who live on Bayou Texar. They blame the Agrico site for polluting the Bayou while wanting a free-pass for the very significant stormwater pollution coming from their neighborhoods and especially those properties that back right up to the water's edge.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:

When I was younger...I used to love having ALMOST the latest thing.  I liked someone else to work out the bugs first.  Now, it doesn't seem as important for some reason.  Just glad when I wake up!
Lol.....my kids will text me. If I send a text it takes about 10 minutes....if I make a mistake there is no backup button.
I have a flip phone.  I send very few texts on it...once in a while I'll send a picture text to the kids, but that is rare.   Actually, I don't even use my cell phone that much at all, to make calls or anything.   I use it more when I'm traveling.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:

I have a flip phone.  I send very few texts on it...once in a while I'll send a picture text to the kids, but that is rare.   Actually, I don't even use my cell phone that much at all, to make calls or anything.   I use it more when I'm traveling.

I can send a picture text.

I have a smart phone, a 10'Tablet, 2 laptops,and 3 desk tops. 1 desk top/lap top is in the office in my shop. I dont need Whiskey any more but I gots to have my wi-fi and internet.....
One of desk tops is a Old Apple. I run Spotify on it and use some pretty good speakers. I use it as a stereo or Juke box. Amazing machine paid 30 dollars for 3 of them,, I never turn it off and it never crashes or has any issues.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:I have a smart phone, a 10'Tablet, 2 laptops,and 3 desk tops.   1 desk top/lap top is in the office in my shop.  I dont need Whiskey any more but I gots to have my wi-fi and internet.....
One of desk tops is a Old Apple.  I run Spotify on it and use some pretty good speakers.  I use it as a stereo or Juke box.  Amazing machine paid 30 dollars for 3 of them,,  I never turn it off and it never crashes or has any issues.

I have a nook and I love it.

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:

So funny im half blind -when I send text you can barely read it--My daughter I told her if im driving you will only se this ksojkjgufgjhuyf...she gets it though --moms driving LOL

I had one and I liked it. Gave it to my daughter in law. Do you have the Android card for yours?
http://www.amazon.com/N2A-16GB-Android-microSD-Tablet/dp/B0075OYIYI

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:
So funny im half blind -when I send text you can barely read it--My daughter I told her if im driving you will only se this ksojkjgufgjhuyf...she gets it though --moms driving LOL
You're "half blind" and you're texting and driving??

You should be ashamed. 

Texting and driving is dangerous even with 20/20 vision. 

You're going to end up killing yourself, or worse, some innocent person(s) on the road. 

Stop doing it immediately. 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:I had one and I liked it.  Gave it to my daughter in law.  Do you have the Android card for yours?
http://www.amazon.com/N2A-16GB-Android-microSD-Tablet/dp/B0075OYIYI
No......just the nook.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum