Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The New Downtown Pensacola

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The New Downtown Pensacola Empty The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 5:03 pm

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola

Its been a couple of years since I been to Pensacola, but it appears the downtown is booming. Looking forward to my trip back home in the spring.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/revitalization-gives-downtown-pensacola-new-energy

2The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 5:16 pm

I don't live in P'cola anymore... but I love it. I go back all the time... even shopping a condo or sumthin now.

I don't think you'll find it much different in most ways unless it's been a couple of a couple of years tho.

That's not the worst thing in the world these days.

3The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 5:23 pm

Downtown is booming and is looking very good!!!  The other booms you hear outside of downtown are gun shots, but not to worry,  very soon our water front investments will be starting to generate money and all will be good.

4The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 5:27 pm

2seaoat

grumpy old men zone

5The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 5:30 pm

Many of Pensacola's most ardent supporters dont live here.  LOL

6The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 5:48 pm

Mr Ichi wrote:Many of Pensacola's most ardent supporters dont live here.  LOL
I lived there for twenty years total... it's a home city to me. I know it intimately... which I doubt seagoat does.

7The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 5:53 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:Many of Pensacola's most ardent supporters dont live here.  LOL
I lived there for twenty years total... it's a home city to me. I know it intimately... which I doubt seagoat does.
All is good. Many people are smart enough not to live here.

8The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 6:51 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I love Pensacola.   It'll always be home to me.  But I don't think I'll ever live there again.

9The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 7:04 pm

Pensacola is a great place to live if you like incompetence, scandal, failing schools and living in one of the poorest counties in the state of Florida..But we have a nice ball Park so it all balances out.

Todays latest news from the PNJ///zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The State Attorney’s Office is reviewing an Escambia County School District audit to determine whether criminal charges are warranted against the district’s former food services director.

The 113-page internal auditor’s report accuses Gail Szoboszlay of a series of improprieties, ranging from possible bid tampering to falsifying official records and information on her job application.

The final audit, which includes more than 50 recommendations, is set to be approved tonight by the Escambia County School Board.

“This was the largest audit that I’ve ever done, in terms of volume,” said David Bryant, the district’s internal auditor. “It’s just one of those situations where there were so many different issues and so many different problems from purchasing to human resources. ... This was a person who took advantage of a system that could be taken advantage of.”

Szoboszlay was hired to the school district as food services director in July 2012 and held the position until February 2013, when she officially resigned, according to the audit. She administered a $20 million budget.

In January, a formal investigation into the allegations of misconduct against Szoboszlay was opened, but in February she took an extended leave of absence and eventually resigned from her post before the ­investigation was completed. She is currently listed as director of operations at Chartwell Dining Services at Texas State University.

Multiple calls and an email sent to her office by the News Journal were not immediately returned.

Bid misconduct
The report alleges a number of questionable activities with food service vendors throughout her tenure, with the most notable being her dealings with commercial kitchenware vendor KESCO.

During Szoboszlay’s time as director, the department ordered about $86,000 in equipment from KESCO, even though the School Board had awarded item purchases to another vendor. Several purchases were made without authorized purchase orders, according to the audit.

Preferential treatment also appeared to be given to KESCO during the next bidding process, according to the report. Szoboszlay allowed KESCO to visit the site prior to issuing a request for proposal while not allowing other vendors to do the same. She also developed a request for proposal to KESCO’s specifications, the audit states.

10The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/15/2013, 8:40 pm

cool1

cool1

Mr Ichi wrote:Downtown is booming and is looking very good!!!  The other booms you hear outside of downtown are gun shots, but not to worry,  very soon our water front investments will be starting to generate money and all  will be good.

That's about right about the booms-LOL

11The New Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: The New Downtown Pensacola 10/16/2013, 9:52 am

Jake92

I actually heard and saw 1 plane in the air after it took off from NAS yesterday during the 4-5 hours I was outside..
OOPS, there's one now at 0851 Wed..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum