Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Downtown Pensacola

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Downtown Pensacola Empty Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 6:13 pm

2seaoat

The place was hopping when I walked a bit downtown. The new food RVs across from the Bodacious Olive were packed as was the Bodacious Olive and the coffee house north of it. Could not find a parking place with all the workers completing the Studer Building at Maritime Park, and with the ball team out of town, I was shocked by the number of people lining up to get frozen Yogurt. I saw workers everywhere building out and improving. The Pensacola bank location had workers everywhere. If people cannot see what a multiplier the Park has become, they are blind to the reality of downtown. The fish house at noon was packed and license plates from all over the country. PB was crowded and economically the place was hopping. I ate oyster and swam in the Gulf because the cortex will not beat the tumor to my demise, so what the hell..........what fun. If I was healthy and did not need to be near Northwestern, I would be looking for a place downtown......Pensacola rocks.

2Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 6:20 pm

no stress

no stress

Its not the corexit that will get you in the gulf right now its the flesh eating bacteria that has multiplied like crazy. its been in all the papers

3Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 8:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The place was hopping when I walked a bit downtown.  The new food RVs across from the Bodacious Olive were packed as was the Bodacious Olive and the coffee house north of it.  Could not find a parking place with all the workers completing the Studer Building at Maritime Park, and with the ball team out of town, I was shocked by the number of people lining up to get frozen Yogurt.  I saw workers everywhere building out and improving.  The Pensacola bank location had workers everywhere.  If people cannot see what a multiplier the Park has become, they are blind to the reality of downtown.  The fish house at noon was packed and license plates from all over the country.  PB was crowded and economically the place was hopping.  I ate oyster and swam in the Gulf because the cortex will not beat the tumor to my demise, so what the hell..........what fun.  If I was healthy and did not need to be near Northwestern, I would be looking for a place downtown......Pensacola rocks.

Glad you had a good time!

4Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 8:33 pm

Pensacola rocks.

Downtown doing just fine.  The rest of the county?  Not so much.  Glad you enjoyed your Oil.

Downtown Pensacola Bluespringsroad

Work to start in September.  No completion date
Downtown Pensacola 32533FAD-AAA3-42BB-9461EF3663FCA491_article

Navy Point area.  Not even out for bid yet  Not a worry to anyone..
Downtown Pensacola 9k=
Downtown Pensacola Heating system, and change their system’s filter, as needed. If symptoms persist while inside an air conditioned home, people may choose to leave the area until their symptoms are tolerable.” Persons who have questions about health problems or symptoms they may be experiencing related to hydrogen sulfide exposure should contact their primary care physician. Those who have asthma or other chronic lung disease should follow their disease management plan, and should call their doctor if symptoms worsen. For medical emergencies, call 911 or go immediately to the nearest emergency facility. The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County will continue to evaluate air quality monitoring results, as reported by Escambia County. Any further recommendations and alerts will be released as more information becomes available

Repair date.  April 2015  (Maybe)Over one year from the flood.

Escambia Issues Air Quality Health Alert For Wedgewood Area
July 22, 2014
Effective immediately, in response to air quality monitoring, the Florida Department of Health in Escambia County (FDOH-Escambia) is issuing a health alert for the area surrounding the Wedgewood Community Center and the Rolling Hills Construction and Demolition Landfill in Escambia County.
Air quality monitoring has been performed by Escambia County at the Wedgewood Community Center (6405 Wagner Road, Pensacola). This center is adjacent to the Rolling Hills Construction and Demolition Landfill located at 6990 Rolling Hills Road, Pensacola. The monitoring has revealed elevated levels of hydrogen sulfide in the air at a minimum level of concern for long term exposure to humans. Hydrogen sulfide is a colorless gas which often has an odor similar to rotten eggs, but which may have no detectable smell when present in low concentrations. However, even low concentrations of hydrogen sulfide gas can have negative health effects.
Exposure to hydrogen sulfide may cause respiratory symptoms such as eye, nose, and throat irritation in some individuals. People experiencing respiratory symptoms should consult their physician for treatment and should stay inside their homes.  According to FDOH-Escambia’s Director, Dr. John Lanza, “While inside, people should close their windows, run their cooling/heating system, and change their system’s filter, as needed. If symptoms persist while inside an air conditioned home, people may choose to leave the area until their symptoms are tolerable.”
Persons who have questions about health problems or symptoms they may be experiencing related to hydrogen sulfide exposure should contact their primary care physician. Those who have asthma or other chronic lung disease should follow their disease management plan, and should call their doctor if symptoms worsen. For medical emergencies, call 911 or go immediately to the nearest emergency facility.
The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County will continue to evaluate air quality monitoring results, as reported by Escambia County. Any further recommendations and alerts will be released as more information becomes available.

5Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 8:52 pm

2seaoat

Climate change has consequences. Downtown however is growing by leaps and bounds, and what struck me was the amount of private contractors, sub contractors, and work trucks. Fixing all the roads will also generate more jobs and more economic activity. The roads in some parts of Santa Rosa and Escambia should never have gotten out of the planning stage. In low areas there is third world construction techniques. It is a wonder that the entire areas did not lose the road systems. I still have dirt roads on Garcon Point.....but one person's bad news is another's good news as the bayou were opened for bigger boats.

6Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 9:01 pm

Care to comment on the Wedgewood health issues? There is more to Pensacola that downtown posers. LOL

7Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 9:36 pm

2seaoat

Care to comment on the Wedgewood health issues?

I can tell you that an area of Garcon Point where my neighbors have all developed lung problems. A husband and wife across the street are struggling with their lungs, I had my left lung removed with a tumor, the neighbor two doors down has lung problems.......our whole street has health related lung issues.......I think the health issues on air quality are a lot more widespread than Wedgewood. The one neighbor is talking about talking to health authorities about a possible cluster. All those good old days spewing out toxins........there is a human price.

8Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 9:48 pm

2seaoat wrote:Care to comment on the Wedgewood health issues?

I can tell you that an area of Garcon Point where my neighbors have all developed lung problems.  A husband and wife across the street are struggling with their lungs, I had my left lung removed with a tumor, the neighbor two doors down has lung problems.......our whole street has health related lung issues.......I think the health issues on air quality are a lot more widespread than Wedgewood.  The one neighbor is talking about talking to health authorities about a possible cluster.  All those good old days spewing out toxins........there is a human price.

Play Ball!! Smile Why do you keep talking the talk if you know the truth about the area?

9Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 9:57 pm

2seaoat

Because I was right and the naysayers who told me that the ballpark would fail were wrong. The downtown is vibrant and it will be important in providing jobs into the future. People from all over the country are discovering Pensacola. The good old days you want to return to were responsible for a lot of pollution and degradation of the environment. I grew up around factories and American production, and it pains me to see so much industry gone.....but just yesterday in China 200 people died in a dust fire where safety measures to protect the workers were not followed. GM has a wheel polishing unit in China, and I would like to get those jobs back to America, but it is going to take thirty years and good tax policy to solve some of these structural problems, and those problems have nothing to do with good decisions on Maritime Park. It was a home run where the jobs are spewing all over the place......I could not find a parking place with all the construction work trucks.....those are not waiter or bartender jobs.......if I do well over the next few months I am going to spend a couple weeks in my old neighborhood, and enjoy downtown.......it is working.

10Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 10:24 pm

School Grades: Most Escambia Schools Drop
July 27, 2013
Most Escambia County Schools dropped one letter in school grades released Friday morning by the Florida Department of Education.
Among North Escambia area schools, Jim Allen held steady with a B, Bratt and Molino Park fell from B to C, and Byrneville Elementary feel from A to B. Ernest Ward and Ransom dropped from a B to C.
Escambia County had eight A schools: N.B. Cook, Cordova Park Elementary, Pleasant Grove Elementary, Brown Barge Middle, Longleaf Elementary, Blue Angels Elementary, Pensacola Beach Charter and Newpoint Academy.
There were also five F schools this year: Bellview Middle, Warrington Middle, West Pensacola Elementary, Lincoln Park and A.A. Dixon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As reported, the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition has tabled plans for a $12 million expansion of its research facility that boasts about 100 employees who earn six-figure salaries.

11Downtown Pensacola Empty Re: Downtown Pensacola 8/2/2014, 11:15 pm

by no stress Today at 6:20 pm
Its not the corexit that will get you in the gulf right now its the flesh eating bacteria that has multiplied like crazy. its been in all the papers
------
Scary stuff

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum