Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crooks Rip Off Nonprofit Rape Crisis Center, Then Return the Stuff with an Apology Note

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Crooks Rip Off Nonprofit Rape Crisis Center, Then Return the Stuff with an Apology Note Sanbe10

You will either take this tale as one that shows even burglars have a heart.

Or you will take it as a surprise that people still want to steal PCs.

Still, the facts seem to show that some miscreants performed a touch of Tom Cruise and entered an office building east of L.A. through the ceiling.

They stole some PCs and a laptop.

The next morning, they appear to have broken in again. Did they need something else? No, they had decided to return everything.

As NBC News reports, they also left a note, slipped inside the laptop.

It read: "We had no idea what we were takeing. Here your stuff back we hope that you guys can continue to make a differerence in peoples live. God bless." (All spelling as on the note.)

Somehow, the burglars had discovered that they had stolen computers from the San Bernardino Sexual Assault Services office.

As ABC 7 News reported, the office has no sign outside, in order to protect those who desperately need its help.

The nonprofit's executive director, Candy Stallings, told NBC News: "We were all pretty shocked. You've got to be kidding me. I was in disbelief. I got chills. I got very emotional."

The police admitted they'd never heard of thieves returning property. It seems counter to their intentions.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57597587-71/stolen-computers-arrive-back-at-nonprofit-with-apology-note/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:Crooks Rip Off Nonprofit Rape Crisis Center, Then Return the Stuff with an Apology Note Sanbe10

You will either take this tale as one that shows even burglars have a heart.

Or you will take it as a surprise that people still want to steal PCs.

Still, the facts seem to show that some miscreants performed a touch of Tom Cruise and entered an office building east of L.A. through the ceiling.

They stole some PCs and a laptop.

The next morning, they appear to have broken in again. Did they need something else? No, they had decided to return everything.

As NBC News reports, they also left a note, slipped inside the laptop.

It read: "We had no idea what we were takeing. Here your stuff back we hope that you guys can continue to make a differerence in peoples live. God bless." (All spelling as on the note.)

Somehow, the burglars had discovered that they had stolen computers from the San Bernardino Sexual Assault Services office.

As ABC 7 News reported, the office has no sign outside, in order to protect those who desperately need its help.

The nonprofit's executive director, Candy Stallings, told NBC News: "We were all pretty shocked. You've got to be kidding me. I was in disbelief. I got chills. I got very emotional."

The police admitted they'd never heard of thieves returning property. It seems counter to their intentions.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57597587-71/stolen-computers-arrive-back-at-nonprofit-with-apology-note/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Must have been Christian conservative criminals, a liberal would just expect the government would reimburse the center...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum