Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Compounding Center at center of Meningitis outbreak broke rules

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

News from Medpagetoday.com via ABC News http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/meningitis-outbreak-pharmacy-violated-license/story?id=17462609

I hope that SOMEBODY goes to jail for a long time on this...

The New England Compounding Center in Framingham, Mass. was not following the requirements of its state license, according to a spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.

Dr. Madeleine Biondolillo, director of the state's Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality, said the company was meant to make up drugs only in response to a doctor's prescription for an individual patient.

"This organization chose to apparently violate the licensing regulations under which they were allowed to operate," Biondolillo told reporters in a telephone news conference Thursday.

FDA spokeswoman Dr. Deborah Autor told MedPage Today the agency has legal remedies available, including the ability to seize products and to lay criminal charges, but she did not elaborate further.

A 2006 warning letter to the company, charging it was acting more like a drug manufacturing firm than a compounding pharmacy, elicited assurances that patient safety was being protected and that applicable laws and regulations were being obeyed, Autor said.

The CDC is now reporting 170 cases in 10 states of fungal infection associated with the steroid, preservative-free methylprednisolone acetate, including 14 deaths.

That's an increase of 33 cases and two deaths from Wednesday.

#1 reason why some of us dont take vaccines.

its just to easy to add a little something to a batch

right now they are trying to "FORCE" healthcare professionals to take the flu vaccine. I dont know what I will do if they do that.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Rogue wrote:#1 reason why some of us dont take vaccines.

its just to easy to add a little something to a batch

right now they are trying to "FORCE" healthcare professionals to take the flu vaccine. I dont know what I will do if they do that.

I read about the forced vaccine situation, Rogue. There are states that are requiring medical personnel to take the vaccine.....or face termination.

I won't take the flu vaccine. I had problems both times I took it. A fever of 104 degrees in an adult is not to be taken lightly. Talk about frying your brain....!

I suppose I'll retire early if they try this crap in Florida.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Webster's Dictionary defines pharmaceutical as:

<blockquote>From the Greek word Pharmakeia, to practice witchcraft, use medicine, a poison, medicine 1. Of pharmacy or pharmacists. 2. Of or by drugs: as, pharmaceutical cure.</blockquote>

<blockquote>Revalation 18:23
And the light of a candle shall
shine no more at all in you; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the
bride shall be heard no more at all in you: for your merchants were the
great men of the earth; for by their sorceries (5331)were all nations
deceived.

Re 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their
sorceries,(5331) nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.</blockquote>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum