Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cronuts are the rage in New York, Austin, Etc When do you think we can get one in Pensacola?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cronuts are the rage in New York, Austin, Etc  When do you think we can get one in Pensacola? Crobrios_01Cronuts are the rage in New York, Austin, Etc  When do you think we can get one in Pensacola? Cronut21-300x300

What is a Cronut™?
Described by many as a half croissant, half doughnut — this pastry hybrid by Chef Dominique Ansel is taking the world by storm. After its launch on May 10, 2013, Cronut™ fans spanned the world from Berlin to Singapore, making it the most viral dessert item to date.

Please eat Cronuts™ immediately as they have a short shelf life. And if you do cut, please use a serrated knife, so as not to crush the layers. Never refrigerate these treats as the humidity from the refrigerator will cause them to go stale and soggy. Since Cronuts™ are filled with cream, we do not recommend serving them warm.

The Makings of a Cronut™…
Taking 2 months and more than 10 recipes, Chef Dominique Ansel’s creation is not to be mistaken as simply croissant dough that has been fried. Made with a laminated dough which has been likened to a croissant (but uses a proprietary recipe), the Cronut™ is first proofed and then fried in grapeseed oil at a specific temperature. Once cooked, each Cronut™ is flavored in three ways: 1. rolled in sugar; 2. filled with cream; and 3. topped with glaze. Cronuts™ are made fresh daily, and completely done in house. The entire process takes up to 3 days.

There is only one flavor of Cronut™ every month. The inaugural flavor in May was Rose Vanilla, and for June it is Lemon Maple. In July, we introduce the Blackberry Cronut™.

How to Order a Cronut™?
Each Cronut™ retails for $5.00 (pre-tax), and there are three ways to score yourself one. At the moment we do not accept orders online or by email, but are working on a way to do so soon

Nekochan

Nekochan

$5? Good grief. My favorite Japanese pastry (Beard Papa) doesn't cost that much!

Nekochan wrote:$5?  Good grief.  My favorite Japanese pastry (Beard Papa) doesn't cost that much!

New York Prices....  People stand in line for 3 or 4 hours to get one.
Cronuts are the rage in New York, Austin, Etc  When do you think we can get one in Pensacola? 2Q==

Cronuts are the rage in New York, Austin, Etc  When do you think we can get one in Pensacola? Z

Nekochan

Nekochan

They look very good, but I'd have to skip those at that price and with those lines. Geez.

Cronuts are the rage in New York, Austin, Etc  When do you think we can get one in Pensacola? Cronuts_MjaMes1408-thumb-300x300-147039

People start lining up for cronuts four hours before the Dominique Ansel Bakery opens at 8 a.m. Some are there to taste the decadent treats for themselves, others are looking to turn a cronut profit.
That's right, friends. You don't actually have to stand in line for a cronut in New York. There's a thriving business in cronut resale on Craigslist, where the confections — which sell for $5 apiece at the Dominique Ansel Bakery — are being scalped for $35 to $50 each.

They're that good.

I love a good doughnut, and I would travel some distance for a well-executed croissant (though luckily, in Ann Arbor, I don't need to), but the idea of a doughnut-croissant hybrid sends my senses reeling. I need to try this.

I could make my own cronuts, I suppose. One of my favorite food blogs, Food52, recently published a recipe.

"Puff pastry sounds daunting to make from scratch, but it's really a matter of mixing together a basic yeasted dough, slathering it with butter and then folding it up like a letter a bunch of times, rolling and chilling between each fold."

Nekochan

Nekochan

Good grief. That's just nuts.

Nekochan wrote:Good grief.  That's just nuts.  
Not Nuts, Cronuts.....LOL

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL.

Nothing beats a bag of M&M's and a lot cheaper too.

2seaoat

I still have three suitcases of twinkies.......I don't need no stinking cronuts.

Who would wait 3-4 hrs to get one? People are just insane.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If people are that silly we need to figure out how to make them and start selling them.  
If the name is trademarked then just call it by the generic name.
Call it "A Southern Croissant Doughnut even better than Cronuts" and talk with a hick accent like Paula Dean.  Just don't mention the "n" word too.

Maybe the "The Bodacious Olive" could add them to their menu. Bodacious Nuts.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All those people standing in line don't know that you can get a whole tin of these for five bucks and the line is only one deep. And they are so good I can eat the whole thing in one sitting. Well I used to before I was diabetic.

Cronuts are the rage in New York, Austin, Etc  When do you think we can get one in Pensacola? 4213634076_d309cd2000

Nekochan

Nekochan

I have tried the Sister's dinner rolls, but not the cinnamon rolls. I bet the cinnamon ones are good because her dinner rolls sure are good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum