Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Austin Might Start Using Goats to Help Clear Its Parks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maybe a way for the CMPA to save a few bucks?
Austin Might Start Using Goats to Help Clear Its Parks 1023_GOAT

Yes, goats. Like the small farm animal. Goats! KUT is reporting that based on the success the Sustainable Food Center has had using goats as an eco-friendly alternative to chemicals in clearing poison ivy from their farmer's market, the city's parks and recreation deparment is considering using the little guys, too.
In a stroke of Leslie Knope-worthy inspiration, they're launching a pilot program next month to clear the poison ivy from Armadillo Park. "We're essentially trying to displace the use of gas powered mowers and chemical pesticides," Eric Courchesne of Austin Parks Foundation told KUT. "After the pilot project our hope is to expand beyond just the control of ivy and to do land clearing, larger swaths of land."
Goats are not allergic to poison ivy like us feeble humans, so they're a perfect old world solution to vegetation problems. Goats!

LOL that will be a nightmare. those damn things will eat anything. they will eat the bumper on your car. they will eat and chew anything. I mean anything.

actually that would be fun to see.

Then Maybe Not!! LOL

Mr Ichi wrote:Then Maybe Not!! LOL
Oh wow, you know what those goats would have been? Dinner LOL

whats ya gonna do, bad goats bad goats, whats ya gonna do, bbq goats, bbq goats LOL

I only know how bad goats are because my aunt had one and it really ate her bumper from her 1965 red mustang. by by goat... Im pretty sure that goat became a family bbq

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum