Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I thought the Pensacola airport was in Pensacola! (Funny!)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://blogs.pnj.com/natemonroe/2012/09/10/i-thought-the-pensacola-airport-was-in-pensacola/

I thought the Pensacola airport was in Pensacola! (Funny!) Airpor10

There is an image making the rounds on the Internet this morning (left) from a City of Pensacola advertisement touting the airport.

The obvious problem is that the graphic shows that the Pensacola International Airport is closer to my hometown of Slidell, La. than any community in the western Florida panhandle.

Derek Cosson, a city spokesman, said Mayor Ashton Hayward also spotted the error over the weekend. A corrected version has been sent to TV stations running the ad, Cosson said.

“The mayor does not at this point plan to expand the airport or the city to Mississippi or Louisiana,” Cosson said.

The ad was developed in conjunction with the Tallahassee-based Zimmerman Agency, which recently completed a re-branding effort for the city. The $82,000 cost of that effort — as well as the $1.4 million included in Hayward’s proposed budget next year for advertising — has drawn ire from a handful of City Council members.

Coincidentally, the Zimmerman Agency will make a presentation this afternoon to the City Council’s Committee of the Whole meeting. I’ll expect this to come up.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum