Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump cancels meeting with New York Times. New York Times finds out via tweet. Then Trump says changes his mind and will meet with them.

+2
VectorMan
boards of FL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/business/media/donald-trump-new-york-times.html

All the markings of a true professional. I'm telling you. This guy doesn't seem the least bit incompetent, does he? I mean, he doesn't seem like person born into a silver spoon environment who enjoyed the luxury of failing upward, does he? Not at all!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/white-house-evades-ufo-question-8053053?ICID

VectorMan

VectorMan

Let's see. A failing liberal fish wrapper. Reporting "fake news" and lies.

If I was Trump, I'd say fuck em too!

Trump did have that meeting with "news" outlets yesterday and "let em have it". Good job Mr. President-Elect Trump. Expose everyone and everything in the lying liberal media. They deserve it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/a-defiant-trump-meets-the-tv-news-crowd-in-private--and-lets-them-have-it/2016/11/21/17a9e418-b040-11e6-840f-e3ebab6bcdd3_story.html

It really is as if he has the competence of a teenage social media addict.

On Tuesday, Trump reopened another front in his media criticism with a series of tweets that said he called off a planned meeting with the New York Times, claiming that the newspaper changed the ground rules. The newspaper said no such last-minute shift was made.

“I cancelled today’s meeting with the failing nytimes when the terms and conditions of the meeting were changed at the last moment. Not nice,” Trump tweeted.

But a statement from Eileen Murphy, a spokeswoman for the New York Times, said the newspaper did not change the rules for the meeting. Murphy said the session had been planned in two parts: a small off-the-record portion and then a larger on-the-record section with reporters and columnists.

“We were unaware that the meeting was canceled until we saw the president-elect’s tweet this morning,” Murphy said. “We did not change the ground rules at all and made no attempt to. They tried to yesterday — asking for only a private meeting and no on-the-record segment, which we refused to agree to.”

Trump later tweeted that “perhaps” another meeting could be scheduled with the New York Times, but he once again pitted himself against the newspaper.

“In the meantime, they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!” Trump wrote.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote: Expose everyone and everything in the lying liberal media.

Don't you mean "lügenpresse", brown shirt?

Last edited by Sal on 11/22/2016, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The media exists for ratings only...I think we have all seen they lack integrity and biased reporting of news events.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 11/22/2016, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/business/media/donald-trump-new-york-times.html

All the markings of a true professional.  I'm telling you.  This guy doesn't seem the least bit incompetent, does he?  I mean, he doesn't seem like person born into a silver spoon environment who enjoyed the luxury of failing upward, does he?  Not at all!

The story behind this story ....

Another day, another failure by Trump to navigate even the rudiments of logistics, scheduling and communications. Organizing an international summit conference or bilateral talks? Please. Team Trump is struggling to pull off a meeting with the New York Times.

Note this reassuring gem from the Times' own report on this morning's bumbling:

Three people with knowledge of Mr. Trump’s initial decision to cancel the meeting said that Reince Priebus, the incoming White House chief of staff, had been among those urging the president-elect to cancel it, because he would face questions he might not be prepared to answer. It was Mr. Priebus who relayed to Mr. Trump, erroneously, that The Times had changed the conditions of the meeting, believing it would result in a cancellation, these people said.

So Priebus feeds bad info to Trump knowing he'll react in the way Priebus wants him to? Am I reading that right?

Let's not gloss over the fact that Priebus undertook this apparent sleight of hand because he wasn't confident the President-elect could withstand a round with New York Times reporters.

This is going great so far.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/reince-priebus-donald-trump-new-york-times

Shocked

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:So Priebus feeds bad info to Trump knowing he'll react in the way Priebus wants him to? Am I reading that right?

Let's not gloss over the fact that Priebus undertook this apparent sleight of hand because he wasn't confident the President-elect could withstand a round with New York Times reporters.

Sounds like just the type of guy we should send to speak with Putin, negotiate trade deals, and generally conduct foreign policy.

I always wondered what would happen if a Rush Limbaugh-type were to actually run and win. This is it right here.

polecat

polecat

So this might be a good time to provide some examples of why Fox News is the unchallenged leader in bullshit. These are all real headlines from Fox News:
•That Drowned Syrian Boy On The Beach Is Obama’s Fault
•Obama Campaign Processed Donation From The Kremlin
•Report: Obama Campaign Offered Jeremiah Wright Cash To Keep Quiet
•Foreign Fundraising Scandal Rocks Obama Campaign
•Clinton’s Camp Says She ‘Could Have A Serious Meltdown’
•Hillary down in the dumps: Is Clinton about to drop out of 2016 race?
•KKK Grand Dragon Endorses Hillary Clinton
•Obama Parole Board Frees Al Qaeda Terrorist Deemed ‘Too Dangerous To Be Released’
•Poll: Trump Leads Big With Latinos
•Obama Danced to Avoid Clintons at Party
•Obama Selling Amnesty For $465
•Elizabeth Warren Praises Communist China
•Obama’s New Christmas Tree Tax

Telstar

Telstar

Trump had this to say about an hour ago to the N Y  Times.

Julie Davis ✔ @juliehdavis
Asked point-blank about Nazi conference in DC over wknd: @realDonaldTrump tells @nytimes "of course" "I disavow and condemn them"
1:45 PM - 22 Nov 2016 · Manhattan, NY

http://www.nytimes.com/live/trump-at-the-new-york-times-the-tweets/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum