Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Juror B29 - Zimmerman Got Away with Murder

+8
Floridatexan
Nekochan
nadalfan
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Slicef18
Sal
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Sal

Sal

A woman who sat on the all-female jury that acquitted George Zimmerman said in an interview set to air Friday that the former neighborhood watch captain "got away with murder" in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

Juror B29, the lone minority on the jury, allowed her face to be shown in her interview with ABC's Robin Roberts and disclosed a first name of Maddy. But the 36-year-old nursing assistant, who is Puerto Rican, did not offer her last name, citing security concerns.

In the interview that will air on "Good Morning America," Maddy said that she and the jurors followed Florida law and the evidence put forth was not sufficient to prove murder. And for that, she said, Zimmerman walked.

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy told ABC. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/juror-says-george-zimmerman-got-away-with-murder?ref=fpb

Slicef18

Slicef18

Sal wrote:A woman who sat on the all-female jury that acquitted George Zimmerman said in an interview set to air Friday that the former neighborhood watch captain "got away with murder" in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

Juror B29, the lone minority on the jury, allowed her face to be shown in her interview with ABC's Robin Roberts and disclosed a first name of Maddy. But the 36-year-old nursing assistant, who is Puerto Rican, did not offer her last name, citing security concerns.

In the interview that will air on "Good Morning America," Maddy said that she and the jurors followed Florida law and the evidence put forth was not sufficient to prove murder. And for that, she said, Zimmerman walked.

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy told ABC. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/juror-says-george-zimmerman-got-away-with-murder?ref=fpb

Let me see if I have this straight. There was not sufficient evidence of to convict George Zimmerman of murder or even manslaughter. But he's guilty of murder regardless. What kind of schizophrenic thinking is that?

2seaoat

Let me see if I have this straight. There was not sufficient evidence of to convict George Zimmerman of murder or even manslaughter. But he's guilty of murder regardless. What kind of schizophrenic thinking is that?

Mr. Zimmerman committed manslaughter. There is zero dissent from that conclusion. However, his manslaughter was justified as evidenced by the jury verdict. There is a great deal of dissent in that regard, and the instructions are schizophrenic. It is sad that she did not have the moral strength to hang the jury. I find her words insincere. If she believed what she is now speaking, she should have never have voted for NG.

[quote="Slicef18"]
Sal wrote:A woman who sat on the all-female jury that acquitted George Zimmerman said in an interview set to air Friday that the former neighborhood watch captain "got away with murder" in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

She should have kept her mouth shut, but I digress.

What kind of schizophrenic thinking allowed a wannabe mall cop to shoot and kill an unarmed kid he profiled just because he dared to walk alone in the rain and chat on his cell phone?

The mistakes in this case are too numerous to bother restating.

How stupid is this woman? To get on national tv after you voted not guilty and say he got away w/ murder. She is going to be crucified! What a total idiot!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:

How stupid is this woman? To get on national tv after you voted not guilty and say he got away w/ murder. She is going to be crucified! What a total idiot!

No kidding. The evidence was not there.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:It is sad that she did not have the moral strength to hang the jury.   I find her words insincere.

I don't find her to be insincere, although I regret she lacked the intestinal fortitude to hang the jury.

Her comments certainly point to the obtuse nature of the jury instructions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Jury instructions? What the fuck does that have to do with it. First seaoat and now you with this jury instructions bullshit.

Her comments don't point to anything "obtuse". Her comments point to the fucking burden of proof. There's nothing "obtuse" about that. It is what it is.
And it is what is because it's been decided that it's better not to convict people when there's a "reasonable doubt" of innocence. Why? Because you and seaoat and me and that jury woman and and all the rest of us don't want to be put in a cell if we're innocent and we're put there only because jurors believed we're guilty when there was a reasonable doubt of that. And it's been decided that it's better to let a guilty person be freed than to allow that to happen.

If more people believe it's better to occasionally convict innocent people than to let some guilty ones go free then that burden of proof eventually will change. But there's nothing "obtuse" about it. It's actually very clear.

nadalfan

She must be the one that juror B37 said wanted to leave, but they convinced her to continue because they had been at it too long to quit.
Juror B37 did state that she felt the laws need to be changed.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

Jury instructions?  What the fuck does that have to do with it. First seaoat and now you with this jury instructions bullshit.

Her comments don't point to anything "obtuse".  Her comments point to the fucking burden of proof. There's nothing "obtuse" about that.  It is what it is.
And it is what is because it's been decided that it's better not to convict people when there's a "reasonable doubt" of innocence.  Why?  Because you and seaoat and me and that jury woman and and all the rest of us don't want to be put in a cell if we're innocent and we're put there only because jurors believed we're guilty when there was a reasonable doubt of that.  And it's been decided that it's better to let a guilty person be freed than to allow that to happen.

If more people believe it's better to occasionally convict innocent people than to let some guilty ones go free then that burden of proof eventually will change.  But there's nothing "obtuse" about it.  It's actually very clear.

Because you and seaoat and me and that jury woman and and all the rest of us don't want to be put in a cell if we're innocent and we're put there only because jurors believed we're guilty when there was a reasonable doubt .......or because someone really just wanted them to be guilty.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

Jury instructions?  What the fuck does that have to do with it. First seaoat and now you with this jury instructions bullshit.

Her comments don't point to anything "obtuse".  Her comments point to the fucking burden of proof. There's nothing "obtuse" about that.  It is what it is.
And it is what is because it's been decided that it's better not to convict people when there's a "reasonable doubt" of innocence.  Why?  Because you and seaoat and me and that jury woman and and all the rest of us don't want to be put in a cell if we're innocent and we're put there only because jurors believed we're guilty when there was a reasonable doubt of that.  And it's been decided that it's better to let a guilty person be freed than to allow that to happen.

If more people believe it's better to occasionally convict innocent people than to let some guilty ones go free then that burden of proof eventually will change.  But there's nothing "obtuse" about it.  It's actually very clear.

cheers cheers cheers 

There is a reason why, under the law, someone isn't convicted just because jurors "think" they are guilty or might be guilty.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Let me see if I have this straight. There was not sufficient evidence of to convict George Zimmerman of murder or even manslaughter. But he's guilty of murder regardless. What kind of schizophrenic thinking is that?

Mr. Zimmerman committed manslaughter.  There is zero dissent from that conclusion.  However, his manslaughter was justified as evidenced by the jury verdict.  There is a great deal of dissent in that regard, and the instructions are schizophrenic.  It is sad that she did not have the moral strength to hang the jury.   I find her words insincere.  If she believed what she is now speaking, she should have never have voted for NG.

Manslaughter is a crime.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have spent the past two hours looking at various bits and pieces of the evidence. One of these is that the blood on the back of Zimmerman's head ran toward his face and into his beard, indicating that, at least at some point, he was leaning forward, not backward, as he claimed. Another is the grass shown in police photos of his shoes...there is grass sticking to the toes, but not to the backs, of his shoes. There don't appear to be any grass stains or bits of grass on the backs of his shoes or his pants.

That's funny... I don't recall hearing about this case.

http://www.decodedscience.com/roderick-scott-the-black-george-zimmerman-acquitted-of-murder/33569

Nekochan

Nekochan

Floridatexan wrote:I have spent the past two hours looking at various bits and pieces of the evidence.  One of these is that the blood on the back of Zimmerman's head ran toward his face and into his beard, indicating that, at least at some point, he was leaning forward, not backward, as he claimed.  Another is the grass shown in police photos of his shoes...there is grass sticking to the toes, but not to the backs, of his shoes.  There don't appear to be any grass stains or bits of grass on the backs of his shoes or his pants.  

I'm pretty sure that Zimmerman  said that after he shot Trayvon, Zimmerman was leaning over Trayvon.  As to the grass, I don't know how you can tell that much from the photos.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:I have spent the past two hours looking at various bits and pieces of the evidence.  One of these is that the blood on the back of Zimmerman's head ran toward his face and into his beard, indicating that, at least at some point, he was leaning forward, not backward, as he claimed.  

Let's assume for the sake of argument he was lying. And his head was at some point leaning forward.
What exactly do we conclude about all this because his head was "at some point leaning forward"?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:That's funny... I don't recall hearing about this case.

http://www.decodedscience.com/roderick-scott-the-black-george-zimmerman-acquitted-of-murder/33569

Dammit the media must have been closed during this one....
I'm sure it was an over-sight.Rolling Eyes 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:That's funny... I don't recall hearing about this case.

I heard about this last night listening to Alex Jones' radio show. Forgot about it until seeing your link.
Being as it was coming from Alex Jones and your source, made me want to have some confirmation of it before accepting it at face value.
I just found that confirmation...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/roderickscott.asp

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But of course there's one really big difference between Trayvon Martin and these three teenagers. And it's not their race.
Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to what that difference is?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:I have spent the past two hours looking at various bits and pieces of the evidence.  One of these is that the blood on the back of Zimmerman's head ran toward his face and into his beard, indicating that, at least at some point, he was leaning forward, not backward, as he claimed.  Another is the grass shown in police photos of his shoes...there is grass sticking to the toes, but not to the backs, of his shoes.  There don't appear to be any grass stains or bits of grass on the backs of his shoes or his pants.  

It is evident the shooting has upset you....and I do understand. You are not going to be able to find evidence to prove or to justify your belief.

George sat in the police car, probably in the ambulance to have his wounds taken care of....this could have eliminated the grass on his pants and shoes. Turning over and getting up from the ground (on his hands and knees)would cause the blood to run toward his face.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, the 3 in the other case were actually involved in committing a crime. BUT the shooter actually DID pull his gun on them and not because they were beating his head in the concrete.

The teenager was white?

The neighborhood watchman was white-black?

The press didn't doctor photos or edit 911 tapes?

The kid didn't have racial organizers up in arms calling for the shooters death or riots?

The president wasn't outraged and didn't claim an affinity to the dead teenager?

Nooo...? perhaps it was that the kid was caught up to no good? Martin was no angel either.

Nekochan

Nekochan

This juror B29 needs to come to terms with her vote. Hung jury or not, I do not believe a new jury would have ever found Zimmerman guilty. As long as there was one or two jurors who actually looked at the evidence and made a decision based on that, he would have been found not guilty. I read that the state is offering counseling to the jurors. I hope she accepts it.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

on the interview with robin roberts she was asked if she thought martin was guilty. she stated that law he was not guilty, but in her heart she knows he is guilty. since when are jurors supposed to judge by their emotions instead of the evidence? this woman makes about as much sense as a 3 dollar bill.

Bob wrote:But of course there's one really big difference between Trayvon Martin and these three teenagers.  And it's not their race.
Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to what that difference is?

They're gay?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum