Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Juror Speaks Out

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Juror Speaks Out Empty A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 7:20 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

A juror speaking with Anderson Cooper stated they struggled and cried trying to be honestly fair and accurate with their verdict.They decided the events that evening were as follows.
Martin was concerned about Zimmerman following him. Zimmerman came up behind Martin and said, "What are you doing here?" Martin turned around and smacked Zimmerman in the face which put Zimmerman down. The fight then ensued with Zimmerman losing the fight badly, pulled out his pistol and shot Martin. She said the jury blamed both Martin and Zimmerman.
Anderson Cooper will have more information with what the juror had to say tonight 7/16/13.

2A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 8:13 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Interesting. I thought all along that perhaps even if they thought Zimmerman acted unwisely or that he should have stayed in his truck, that they still would decide that he was in real fear for his life at the time he shot and killed Trayvon.

3A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 8:18 am

Slicef18 wrote:A juror speaking with Anderson Cooper stated they struggled and cried trying to be honestly fair and accurate with their verdict.They decided the events that evening were as follows.
Martin was concerned about Zimmerman following him. Zimmerman came up behind Martin and said, "What are you doing here?" Martin turned around and smacked Zimmerman in the face which put Zimmerman down. The fight then ensued with Zimmerman losing the fight badly, pulled out his pistol and shot Martin. She said the jury blamed both Martin and Zimmerman.
Anderson Cooper will have more information with what the juror had to say tonight 7/16/13.

Liberals have a war on women!...All female jury and they are condemning a decision made by those on the jury...very sexist!...

4A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 8:24 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

newswatcher wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:A juror speaking with Anderson Cooper stated they struggled and cried trying to be honestly fair and accurate with their verdict.They decided the events that evening were as follows.

Liberals have a war on women!...All female jury and they are condemning a decision made by those on the jury...very sexist!...

I don't think gender has much to do with people disliking the decision. It's the decision people don't like with gender having little to do with it. The same decision by an all male jury would have been equally disliked.

5A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 8:44 am

Sal

Sal

Slicef18 wrote:

I don't think gender has much to do with people disliking the decision. It's the decision people don't like with gender having little to do with it. The same decision by an all male jury would have been equally disliked.

I really didn't have a problem with the jurors, or really even the decision ...

... my problem is with the law as it is currently written and interpreted ...

... although, if they're gonna say things like this, ...

The woman, who was identified just as Juror B37, spoke exclusively to CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360″ on Monday night. She is the first juror to speak publicly about the case.

She said she believed Zimmerman’s “heart was in the right place” the night he killed Martin, but that he didn’t use “good judgment” in confronting the Florida teen.

She added, “I would feel comfortable having George (as a neighborhood watchman)…I think he’s learned a good lesson.”

... I'm gonna have to reconsider my opinion of the jurors ...

... shooting a teen through the heart is a good lesson??

Jebus H. Christ on a pogo stick.

6A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 9:39 am

nadalfan

Maybe someone can clarify something for me.
On Cooper's interview the following transpired (this in reference to Serino -

COOPER: So when he testified that he found George Zimmerman to be more or less and overall truthful, did that make an impression on you?

JUROR: It did. It did. It made a big impression on me.

But I thought the judge had instructed the jury to ignore the exchange between O'Mara and Serino when he asked him if he thought Zimmerman was telling the truth

Did I misunderstand something?

here's the transcript of the interview with Cooper
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-07-15/news/sfl-zimmerman-juror-cnn-transcript-0716_1_george-zimmerman-first-juror-opening-statements

7A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 9:49 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's an interesting point. Yes, the judge did strike a line or two of the detective's testimony. But you know, once the testimony is heard, it's nearly impossible to forget. And it wasn't just one or two statements the detective made that indicated that he believed Zimmerman. Pretty much his entire testimony helped Zimmerman.

8A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 9:53 am

Nekochan wrote:That's an interesting point.  Yes, the judge did strike a line or two of the detective's testimony.  But you know, once the testimony is heard, it's nearly impossible to forget.  And it wasn't just one or two statements the detective made that indicated that he believed Zimmerman.  Pretty much his entire testimony helped Zimmerman.  

The most damaging...was the evidence that Martin was on top of Zimmerman at the time of the shooting...anyone with any logic..'sal' excluded would see that this was not the case of simply shooting a 'teenager through the heart as a good lesson'....

9A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 9:57 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

The neighbor, Mr Good, was very credible in his testimony that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman. He could see the color of their clothing.

10A Juror Speaks Out Empty Re: A Juror Speaks Out 7/16/2013, 10:27 am

Nekochan wrote:The neighbor, Mr Good, was very credible in his testimony that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman.  He could see the color of their clothing.

He saw the color of their skins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum