Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is PNJ Forums completely gone?

+4
Slicef18
Granny4Peace
Sal
VectorMan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is PNJ Forums completely gone? Empty Is PNJ Forums completely gone? 7/18/2012, 12:02 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Just went there and couldn't find the forums. Did they kill it already? Does anyone know?

I was on earlier, probably yanked it because of disparaging remarks about Pres Oblamer, can't allow that!

VectorMan wrote:Just went there and couldn't find the forums. Did they kill it already? Does anyone know?

It seems they have taken it completely off. I couldn't find it.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:Just went there and couldn't find the forums. Did they kill it already? Does anyone know?

According to the discussions going on over there today, they took the link(s) off the website. The forums are still there for now;

http://www.pnj.com/section/PLUCKFORUM

They no longer appear to me either. If they did dump them I do not see any sort of an explanation anywhere. If so, then I wish them well.

VectorMan

VectorMan

salinsky wrote:

According to the discussions going on over there today, they took the link(s) off the website. The forums are still there for now;

Thanks for the link. It works.

Weird how they removed the links on their main page.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:Thanks for the link. It wor[/font]ks.[/b]
Weird how they removed the links on their main page.

Doesn't bode well for the PNJ forum's future. When they killed the Courier Journal's pluck forum, taking the links down was the first step. The forums were still accessible for about a week or so before they disappeared completely. We may see an influx of PNJ refugees here soon.

Hey Seaoat!!! Is that you? Welcome LOL
[img]Is PNJ Forums completely gone? Eqqptx[/img]

hallmarkgrad wrote:Hey Seaoat!!! Is that you? Welcome LOL
[img]Is PNJ Forums completely gone? Eqqptx[/img]

Twisted Evil

nochain wrote:I was on earlier, probably yanked it because of disparaging remarks about Pres Oblamer, can't allow that!
Know someone there and they said the plug has been pulled on the community forums this morning...

Sal

Sal

Newsfan wrote:Know someone there and they said the plug has been pulled on the community forums this morning...

Not true, and if you peruse this page carefully enough, even you might find a link to get there from here. Shocked

12Is PNJ Forums completely gone? Empty forums 7/18/2012, 2:24 pm

You know I think it's pretty dirty if they do get rid of the forums. I started joining in just after Ivan and it was a life saver to quite a few people around here and away. It helped with everyone locating one another. I don't read too much of the pnj news online I still get one at my home, but if they get rid of the forums I may cancel my whole subscription. Not much in it anyway and the only time my carrier can get it in my driveway is around Christmas when they want a tip, other wise it's thrown in the mud if it's rained or 10ft from my drive.

salinsky wrote:
Newsfan wrote:Know someone there and they said the plug has been pulled on the community forums this morning...

Not true, and if you peruse this page carefully enough, even you might find a link to get there from here. Shocked
Go to conversation section...click...and it's at the bottom of that page...Guess they are making it more difficult to get there...the information received was wrong...imagine that from the pnj!

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

Didn't see it. All I see is Conversations hosted by Mike S. guess they decided not to wait until the end of July after all. Rolling Eyes

Granny4Peace wrote:Didn't see it. All I see is Conversations hosted by Mike S. guess they decided not to wait until the end of July after all. Rolling Eyes

Just click here

then bookmark it... or make it a "favorite"... whatever.

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

Thanks, Yomama. I don't think I'll be going back. If we can pull this place out of the muck, I'll just stay around here. Lately, it's gotten a mite better.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Newsfan wrote:
salinsky wrote:

Go to conversation section...click...and it's at the bottom of that page...Guess they are making it more difficult to get there...the information received was wrong...imagine that from the pnj!

Thanks for the info.

Granny4Peace wrote:Didn't see it. All I see is Conversations hosted by Mike S. guess they decided not to wait until the end of July after all. Rolling Eyes
The forums were moved again from the conversations section and are now where to be found..

Newsfan wrote:
The forums were moved again from the conversations section and are now where to be found..
They're still there..

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Granny4Peace wrote:Thanks, Yomama. I don't think I'll be going back. If we can pull this place out of the muck, I'll just stay around here. Lately, it's gotten a mite better.

I been pretty busy lately but I will try and fix this forum for you granny asap.... Twisted Evil

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

To access the PNJ forums, click on "Opinion", scroll down to "Get Published", and there they are at the bottom of the page.

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:To access the PNJ forums, click on "Opinion", scroll down to "Get Published", and there they are at the bottom of the page.

Why? They'll cut the odd links as they find them.

I hope a big mean nasty hurricane hits the PNJ building & washes it into the gulf. I have a list of certain employees that the hurricane can target as well.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PNJ Moderator wrote:I hope a big mean nasty hurricane hits the PNJ building & washes it into the gulf. I have a list of certain employees that the hurricane can target as well.
If a big mean nasty hurricane is powerful enough to wash the News Journal building into the Gulf, then everything in each direction within a half mile of the waterfront will be washed into the Gulf along with it.
I'm not sure it's worth it to sacrifice half of the city just to get rid of the newspaper.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Newspapers are going extinct without the need for a hurricane.
The people left who still want to read a printed newspaper are getting older and before long will be gone.
And it's unlikely that people will continue to pay to see news on a website when there are free alternatives (both internet and broadcast). That's not a viable business model over time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum