Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going out to both forums regarding the forum shutdown tonight:

+2
TEOTWAWKI
PBulldog2
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Having all our local forums shut down tonight was alarming! I knew we would have no way to get everyone's emails in order to start another forum if all of ours close for good.

Here is an alternative we can go to if and when something happens to forumotion:

Edited: Tangler is no good. Here's the better site:
http://pensacolaalternative.freeforums.net/

This is only a place to go so we can reboot if need be. Boards, I set this one site up tonight to cover your forum as well as the PensacolaDaily. We can bookmark it in case of an "emergency." Shocked At least it will give us all a gathering place for the short term.

P.S. - Ghost - I can't get into PensacolaDaily to post this. That forum as well as OurOasis are both still down.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 10/14/2012, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.tangler.com/forum/pensacoladiscussionalternative

Going out to both forums regarding the forum shutdown tonight: Duck_and_cover

Duck and cover

I didnt see any forum down time?

if I loose touch with you all, know its been real.

who knows, perhaps the entire social networking will go away as our naition seeks to silence us from talking about the gov negativly.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For the last 2 days i cant access the forum with my home wifi using either my pc, tablet or smartphone. i ca get it only with my phone on the cellular network. its too hatd to type these posts using the phone so i guess its all over for me

Bob wrote:For the last 2 days i cant access the forum with my home wifi using either my pc, tablet or smartphone. i ca get it only with my phone on the cellular network. its too hatd to type these posts using the phone so i guess its all over for me

odd, maybe the network in pcola is messing with yall. Im not having any problems at all.

I dont think its the forum itself if there is a problem. maybe yall need to see if its your service?

PB2, I really have no idea what you are referring to. I have not had any trouble with either forum being down or logging in to any forum.

What time frame did this happen?

Yella

Yella

Rogue wrote:I didnt see any forum down time?

if I loose touch with you all, know its been real.

who knows, perhaps the entire social networking will go away as our naition seeks to silence us from talking about the gov negativly.

That's it. Good Thinking. It is a monstrous conspiracy.
I think it is Paul Ryan's idea. He might be thinking everyone is laughing at him like Joe Biden and it could be blowing his mind.

LOL, hon, only kiddin' ya.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:PB2, I really have no idea what you are referring to. I have not had any trouble with either forum being down or logging in to any forum.

Ghost, I could access the index pages only for all three sites intermittently last night up until around midnight. I wasn't able to open the discussions on any of the sites. Starting around midnight, I couldn't access anything until now. I've been offline since around 1400 today, though.

According to some of the posts I saw on forumotion.com's Facebook page, forumotion may have been doing a DNS change. Forumotion forums were down all over, as was the main site for forumotion.com.

I set up another backup site since the Tangler site was so pokey. Some may want to bookmark the backup site just in case forumotion flounders again in the future. Here it is:

This backup site is for everyone, and should only be used in the event we have another forum outage.

EDIT: I was able to get in to PDF once to post the first backup site info, but after that I wasn't able to get in to PensacolaDaily. I got in to OurOasis a couple of times earlier today, but then it went down again. It was a mess, at least for me!

PBulldog2 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:PB2, I really have no idea what you are referring to. I have not had any trouble with either forum being down or logging in to any forum.

Ghost, I could access the index pages only for all three sites intermittently last night up until around midnight. I wasn't able to open the discussions on any of the sites. Starting around midnight, I couldn't access anything until now. I've been offline since around 1400 today, though.

According to some of the posts I saw on forumotion.com's Facebook page, forumotion may have been doing a DNS change. Forumotion forums were down all over, as was the main site for forumotion.com.

I set up another backup site since the Tangler site was so pokey. Some may want to bookmark the backup site just in case forumotion flounders again in the future. Here it is:

This backup site is for everyone, and should only be used in the event we have another forum outage.

EDIT: I was able to get in to PDF once to post the first backup site info, but after that I wasn't able to get in to PensacolaDaily. I got in to OurOasis a couple of times earlier today, but then it went down again. It was a mess, at least for me!

are there secret rooms there? will you give me one. id like to run a online brothel/sexy room. members omly.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Rogue wrote:
are there secret rooms there? will you give me one. id like to run a online brothel/sexy room. members omly.

Nope, no secret rooms there. cyclops In fact, there's only one section, and that's a general discussion board. Again, it's only for times when forumotion is down.

I don't do Facebook often, but during my little investigation today, I came across forumotion.com's Facebook site. If anyone is interested, you can take a gander at it and read the comments about the outages.

https://www.facebook.com/forumotionpage

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Here's another site that discusses the forumotion.com issue:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-some-websites-can-only-be-acessed-via-proxy-servers-x-670395.html

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PBulldog2 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Nope, no secret rooms there. cyclops In fact, there's only one section, and that's a general discussion board. Again, it's only for times when forumotion is down.

I don't do Facebook often, but during my little investigation today, I came across forumotion.com's Facebook site. If anyone is interested, you can take a gander at it and read the comments about the outages.

https://www.facebook.com/forumotionpage

Thank you so much for going to all this trouble. I really do appreciate it. I am not using my regular home service. I am getting online via a campground un-secured access connection. It is touch and go. I got bounced off several times yesterday, can't remember the time frame. Tonight it is running smoothly because all the campers are watching the college football games!! LOL and leaving the Internet alone!

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Thank you so much for going to all this trouble. I really do appreciate it. I am not using my regular home service. I am getting online via a campground un-secured access connection. It is touch and go. I got bounced off several times yesterday, can't remember the time frame. Tonight it is running smoothly because all the campers are watching the college football games!! LOL and leaving the Internet alone!

It was no trouble, OS. I enjoy doing internet stuff anyway.

I'm still trying to find out what the heck is going on. One person wrote it is a cyberattack by Anonymous. I thought that was kind of funny! I do think Anonymous has more important things to do than shut down forums. Laughing

Have fun on your camping trip!!!

PBulldog2 wrote:Having all our local forums shut down tonight was alarming! I knew we would have no way to get everyone's emails in order to start another forum if all of ours close for good.

Here is an alternative we can go to if and when something happens to forumotion:

http://www.tangler.com/forum/pensacoladiscussionalternative

This is only a place to go so we can reboot if need be. Boards, I set this one site up tonight to cover your forum as well as the PensacolaDaily. We can bookmark it in case of an "emergency." Shocked At least it will give us all a gathering place for the short term.

P.S. - Ghost - I can't get into PensacolaDaily to post this. That forum as well as OurOasis are both still down.

I can't access this, babe... Keeps timing out on me.

That being said, I've not experienced any forum downtime (??), however it's a great idea to have a backup for us addicts.

cyclops

PBulldog2 wrote:

[...]

[...]

I was able to connect to this one very easily and I just registered. Thank you so much, PB! You're the best!!

queen

Nekochan

Nekochan

Thanks PB.
I haven't had any problems logging in or anything.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:Thanks PB.
I haven't had any problems logging in or anything.

You're welcome, Neko and Riceme.

I still don't know what's going on with forumotion.com for sure, but apparently it's a DNS issue that affects only a portion of the forumotion.com subscribers. It does sound like a fairly large portion!

Some folks have said they are able to access PDF by cell phone when the servers are down on their computers. I'm not able to do that, even when I disable the WiFi connection.

It's the aliens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum