Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDP predictions for tomorrow?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 4 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/21/2013, 11:36 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:I've done terrible this week. Got a little greedy and it bit me. Gave back a lot of my gains so far this year. Taking haven in stocks/etfs for a week or two.

Was the model wrong or was it human error? It happens. As long as you live to play another day, you're doing it correctly. What's your safe haven?

77GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 4 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/21/2013, 12:01 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I've done terrible this week. Got a little greedy and it bit me. Gave back a lot of my gains so far this year. Taking haven in stocks/etfs for a week or two.

Was the model wrong or was it human error? It happens. As long as you live to play another day, you're doing it correctly. What's your safe haven?

I strayed away from the model. This is something I tend to do after a long string of successful days. I get too overconfident and get an invincible feeling. That's when I make foolish trades. I'm still up on the year though.

Ended up buying six stocks today (CI, DLX, HBAN, KR, QCOM, TRW) and will hold them while I take a breather from /es.

78GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 4 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/21/2013, 12:04 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

All that said, though. When I do return to /es, I think I'm going to start watching the 5 minute chart rather than the 1 minute. It seems to get more hits from the strategy and is much more profitable.

79GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 4 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/21/2013, 12:26 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

My weakness is grudge trading: laying down large bets after losing big in order to make up losses. It rarely works.

Today, I got another short signal (5-bar reversal) on the hourly QQQ chart. Adding to the short from two days ago. This is not a trade I would normally take. I'm putting faith in the model.

80GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 4 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/21/2013, 12:41 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

What are your two short prices?

81GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 4 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/21/2013, 12:50 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:What are your two short prices?

SQQQ - 34.63 & 34.34 - average 34.48.

AAPL is on the move right now with big volume. Not looking good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum