Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDP predictions for tomorrow?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/18/2013, 9:23 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I just checked a few random stocks with this strategy set. Way too many buy signals for this strategy to be effective. All of the reports I pulled were either flat or with a slight loss. This is basically tailor made or /es.

52GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/18/2013, 9:38 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Looking back, I think alot of the bad trades that I make - and there are not many, but when they are bad, they are bad - can be avoided if I simply make a quick check of a 5 minute chart before execution. If I'm getting buy signal with my regular strategy and everything looks good on the 5, I could probably leave my position open longer. I'm definitely going to try this tomorrow.

53GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/18/2013, 10:57 pm

Id like to learn how to do this. can you guys teach me?

what program should I get?

54GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/18/2013, 11:01 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy wrote:Id like to learn how to do this. can you guys teach me?

Lesson 1: Don't try this.

55GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 8:22 am

boards of FL wrote:

why not?

56GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 11:49 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

Chrissy wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

why not?

Please listen to him. It's very good advice.

57GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 12:12 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:Does you're strategy only work on /ES?

I suspect as much. Never tested it on anything else.

If you are familiar with strategy sets, load up the following and have a look for yourself:

KeyRevLE
ProfitTargeLX (I set this to 4 ticks. length = 1)
StopLossLX (I set this to 8 ticks)

That's it. For global settings, I set entries at 2 contracts but allow for two positions to be open in the same direction - meaning, I can get up to two entry signals before getting an exit, but no more.

Once you overlay this strategy set on your chart, simply pull up any stock symbol. You will see all of the buy and sell signals overlaid. Right click on a buy or sell signal and then select "Show Report" and that will tell you your P/L over the last 48 hours (assuming you are looking at a 1 minute chart) if you were to execute every trade that the strategy calls for. Play around with the profit target, stop loss, and length of the entry strategy that maximizes your profit. That is usually what I do.

I've been playing around with the KeyRevLE/LX today. Some very interesting reports coming out of the current market environment on longer time frames for various issues. I've been playing around with various lengths (1 -7) and time aggregates (I like the hourly charts) on issues that I trade often like AAPL, GLD, S&P index ETFs, etc. Good stuff. Just took a short entry on the NASDAQ. AAPL gave a great short entry signal today that I didn't see until too late.

58GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 12:18 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

Today is a good example of how using the $TICK could keep you in a trade longer. Those big negative ticks indicate a weak market.

GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Captur14

59GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 1:23 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

Sell signal was spot on. I would never have taken this trade before because we were sitting on some decent support. I owe you a beer.

60GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 1:57 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

What short entry strategy are you using?

61GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 2:54 pm

Margin Call wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

why not?

Please listen to him. It's very good advice.

Id like to know why not?

Is it because you worry about my finances because im not a trust fund baby? and dont wnat me to loose my money because you dont think I can do it? You guys are doing it, why not tell the rest of us how to.

I can do it without you given up what your using, but im just curious as to why you say for me to not do it. Is it because you know the stock market is about to belly up?

62GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 3:00 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:What short entry strategy are you using?

I just used the LX as the 'sell to open' signal based on how the signal looked historically even though the report can't quantify the strategy. Interesting that I also have a LE signal on the S&P right now. I'm gonna hold the NASDAQ short with a stop-loss above the signal bar high.

63GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 3:06 pm

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:

Id like to know why not?

Is it because you worry about my finances because im not a trust fund baby? and dont wnat me to loose my money because you dont think I can do it? You guys are doing it, why not tell the rest of us how to.

I can do it without you given up what your using, but im just curious as to why you say for me to not do it. Is it because you know the stock market is about to belly up?

They've seen your amazing intellectual prowess on display when posting on this forum.

Undoubtedly, they've concluded that given the tools, you'd amass all of the stock market's monies, and there would be none left for them.

... or maybe there's another reason.

lol

64GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 3:22 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:I just used the LX as the 'sell to open' signal based on how the signal looked historically even though the report can't quantify the strategy. Interesting that I also have a LE signal on the S&P right now. I'm gonna hold the NASDAQ short with a stop-loss above the signal bar high.

Interesting Idea. I'm going to add that to my strategy set right now. I'm having a down day. Only made three trades. Been busy with regular work.

65GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 3:28 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:...even though the report can't quantify the strategy.

Add an SX and then the report will quantify the strategy.

66GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 3:32 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:

Of course. BTW, a huge buy program came in on the Cyprus announcement. Still in the NASDAQ short. That S&P signal was spot on though. Great strategy.

67GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 3:54 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:

Position effect = Auto

68GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 7:05 pm

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Id like to know why not?

They've seen your amazing intellectual prowess on display when posting on this forum.

Undoubtedly, they've concluded that given the tools, you'd amass all of the stock market's monies, and there would be none left for them.

... or maybe there's another reason.

lol

Laugh all you want asshole. But I manage MULTIMILLION dollar budgets. Now while that doesn't qualify me to play the stock market, I can assure you I can learn and I do. I learn something new every day. Its my lifes goal.

Im starting to think they are lying and are just playing some little boy game.

Maybe i'll just go on over to Etrade and get an account and see if I can loose $500. one day and find out for my self.

69GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 7:13 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

Seriously...go to Vegas. You'll have better odds.

70GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 7:47 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

LOL! I have an account with Scott Trade. About a year ago, I invested $2K in 6 different energy stocks with heavy focus on the Bakken Shale play in ND and the Athabasca tar sands up in Alberta. I subscribe to an energy investing newsletter, and bought some of their recommended picks. My holdings are now hovering at around $1.4K, and even the current bustling market did not make them rise much. I am glad I didn't go for more than $2K.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

71GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/19/2013, 8:33 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:LOL! I have an account with Scott Trade. About a year ago, I invested $2K in 6 different energy stocks with heavy focus on the Bakken Shale play in ND and the Athabasca tar sands up in Alberta. I subscribe to an energy investing newsletter, and bought some of their recommended picks. My holdings are now hovering at around $1.4K, and even the current bustling market did not make them rise much. I am glad I didn't go for more than $2K.

sounds like you bought a long term stock.

I don't know a whole lot, that is why I ask.

When my son was in high school he was in some class that signed them all up whit an imaginary account and they were each given $200. Had his money been real, he would have made $10,000 that week.

He taught me a little but I wasn't very interested then.

I don't think of it as a serious thing, I just want to play with it, kind of like gambling.

although I do have a investment I want to make such as yours, I just havnt gotten around to it. I think tis would occupy my self time much better than most of my current ways.

72GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/20/2013, 10:26 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:Still in the NASDAQ short.

Did you ever close that out?

73GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/20/2013, 11:37 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:Still in the NASDAQ short.

Did you ever close that out?

No. Here's the chart I'm looking at.

GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Captur15

You can see the signal bar where I went went short (using SQQQ as a proxy). I initially had a mental stop above the signal bar. However, I moved my mental stop above the gap up bar. Just got a short signal in AAPL too.

This strategy is something I usually consider when looking at reversals (higher highs, higher lows-lower lows, lower highs). However, I've never used it as the singular decision factor. I like some of the reports I'm seeing, so I'm gonna try it for a while.

74GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/20/2013, 9:15 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

Never got stopped out. Oracle earnings missed big after-hours which is weighing on the NASDAQ. Apple falling too.

Must.Trust.Strategy. Wink

75GDP predictions for tomorrow? - Page 3 Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/21/2013, 2:18 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

I've done terrible this week. Got a little greedy and it bit me. Gave back a lot of my gains so far this year. Taking haven in stocks/etfs for a week or two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum