Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDP predictions for tomorrow?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty GDP predictions for tomorrow? 2/27/2013, 10:32 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Post them here.

I will say a revision to +0.3.

2GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 2/28/2013, 12:20 am

knothead

knothead

Bds,

I say it will be revised down .2%.

3GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 2/28/2013, 12:27 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

knothead wrote:Bds,

Well the initial reading was - 0.1. Are you saying it will go down further to -0.2%?

4GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 2/28/2013, 12:40 am

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:
knothead wrote:Bds,

Well the initial reading was - 0.1. Are you saying it will go down further to -0.2%?

Yes sir, that's my guess . . . . .

Margin Call

Margin Call

+0.1%.

The corollary to the nutties' position that the initial -0.1% reading was evidence of the coming 1,000 Years of Darkness is that the revised +0.1% reading must be signaling a new economic boom, right?

6GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 2/28/2013, 10:03 am

Sal

Sal

The unemployment numbers this morning showed some slight improvement.

Nothing a little sequestration can't fix.

7GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 2/28/2013, 10:18 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

Sal wrote:The unemployment numbers this morning showed some slight improvement.

Nothing a little sequestration can't fix.

They will probably just reconfigure the Seasonal Adjustment so we don't have to count the furloughs. Twisted Evil

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/01/personal-income-consumer-spending-january/1956029/

Margin Call

Margin Call

PkrBum wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/01/personal-income-consumer-spending-january/1956029/

Debt ceiling, personal income, sequester, payroll tax increase, Europe.......The stock market is telling me that we are currently in one of those "bad news is good news" phases.

10GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/2/2013, 12:57 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/01/personal-income-consumer-spending-january/1956029/

Debt ceiling, personal income, sequester, payroll tax increase, Europe.......The stock market is telling me that we are currently in one of those "bad news is good news" phases.

Had a bad day yesterday on /es. Gave back all my progress from the rest of the week.

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Had a bad day yesterday on /es. Gave back all my progress from the rest of the week.

I did everything wrong last week. As long as you still have enough to play next week, all is well.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

I did everything wrong last week. As long as you still have enough to play next week, all is well.

I still ended up up on the week, but damn. Still kicking myself for a few trades. Mere seconds changed me from having an epic week, to having a marginally successful week.

You guys sound like a coupla bookies.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I had a good run for awhile there.

https://i.imgur.com/1eeBf6U.png

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:I had a good run for awhile there.

Looking good. Out of curiosity, why did you go long on Friday (the $275 loss)?

I see two topping tails on the 5-minute chart with confirmation to the downside....a classic short.

GDP predictions for tomorrow? Captur10

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:

I see two topping tails on the 5-minute chart with confirmation to the downside....a classic short.

I thought I had a bit more room for a trade. Was chasing a gain, basically. Plus, I never look at 5 minute charts. Perhaps I should start. I beat myself up over that trade.

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

I thought I had a bit more room for a trade. Was chasing a gain, basically. Plus, I never look at 5 minute charts. Perhaps I should start. I beat myself up over that trade.

It looks like what you are doing is working for the most part. Everything looks different on different time aggregates. Everyone sees something different...that what makes the market function. I was just curious as to what you were looking at. I'm patiently waiting for ZNGA to breakout and looking for a bounce in AAPL. Also playing with the Proshares VIX ETFs (UVXY & SVXY)....they've been getting some wicked moves lately as evidenced by how much money I've lost.

18GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/4/2013, 10:16 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

It looks like what you are doing is working for the most part. Everything looks different on different time aggregates. Everyone sees something different...that what makes the market function. I was just curious as to what you were looking at. I'm patiently waiting for ZNGA to breakout and looking for a bounce in AAPL. Also playing with the Proshares VIX ETFs (UVXY & SVXY)....they've been getting some wicked moves lately as evidenced by how much money I've lost.

Do you write script for TOS? I ended up having to learn how to do so so that I could get alerts when my strategy set creates a buy or sell signal. Really wish I could just automate the process so that I wouldn't have to actually sit there and manually make trades when prompted. After going back and for with the TOS script support team, I learned that there is no way to do this with this trading console at the moment. Sucks. They tell me it is in the pipeline, but no one can give me an accurate ETA, so I'm thinking about finding a different futures broker that works with a console that can automate my strategies. I would much rather employ a strategy that simply runs and automatically trades based upon parameters that I employ rather than having to actually manually execute everything that a strategy set is already telling me to do.

19GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/4/2013, 10:31 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Do you write script for TOS? I ended up having to learn how to do so so that I could get alerts when my strategy set creates a buy or sell signal. Really wish I could just automate the process so that I wouldn't have to actually sit there and manually make trades when prompted. After going back and for with the TOS script support team, I learned that there is no way to do this with this trading console at the moment. Sucks. They tell me it is in the pipeline, but no one can give me an accurate ETA, so I'm thinking about finding a different futures broker that works with a console that can automate my strategies. I would much rather employ a strategy that simply runs and automatically trades based upon parameters that I employ rather than having to actually manually execute everything that a strategy set is already telling me to do.

TOS Prodigio is kick ass...do they not have it anymore?

20GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/4/2013, 10:35 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

BTW, you will get whipsawed consistently unless you know when to turn off your auto-trade strategy. Prodigio is powerful, but nothing compared to the HFT algos.

21GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/4/2013, 11:30 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:BTW, you will get whipsawed consistently unless you know when to turn off your auto-trade strategy. Prodigio is powerful, but nothing compared to the HFT algos.

My strategy is sound. I have a proven long entry strategy and then two exists, a profit-taking and a stop-loss. My report yields anywhere from $300 to $1500 per day. I just need to automate it.

22GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/4/2013, 11:33 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Also, I have several strategy packages that I would decide to employ based upon the economic climate of any given day. I'm no slouch on this.

23GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/4/2013, 11:37 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin, would you be opposed to having a telephone conversation about this sometime in the near future? A conversation about day-trading?

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:BTW, you will get whipsawed consistently unless you know when to turn off your auto-trade strategy. Prodigio is powerful, but nothing compared to the HFT algos.

My strategy is sound. I have a proven long entry strategy and then two exists, a profit-taking and a stop-loss. My report yields anywhere from $300 to $1500 per day. I just need to automate it.

Sounds interesting. I'm looking to tag the low-end of that range today:

GDP predictions for tomorrow? Captur11

You have a PM.

25GDP predictions for tomorrow? Empty Re: GDP predictions for tomorrow? 3/7/2013, 12:52 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Sounds interesting. I'm looking to tag the low-end of that range today:

GDP predictions for tomorrow? Captur11

You have a PM.

Forum crapped out. No PM came through. Though perhaps we can one day open an audio/screen grab session on TOS. That way you could see my TOS layout in real time and give me some pointers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum