Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm impressed...

+8
catfriedlegs
Floridatexan
2seaoat
gulfbeachbandit
Hospital Bob
knothead
Sal
boards of FL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

151I'm impressed... - Page 7 Empty Re: I'm impressed... 3/31/2013, 9:44 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Cox_Report_controversy

152I'm impressed... - Page 7 Empty Re: I'm impressed... 3/31/2013, 10:00 am

PkrBum wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Cox_Report_controversy

wow, that's big deal stuff there.

didt Clinton also give billions to north korea for nuclear?

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/19/world/clinton-approves-a-plan-to-give-aid-to-north-koreans.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Looks like Clinton should have gotten a little more than just impeached.

153I'm impressed... - Page 7 Empty Re: I'm impressed... 3/31/2013, 10:03 am

I think China gave it to N. Korea... but nothing would surprise me.

154I'm impressed... - Page 7 Empty Re: I'm impressed... 3/31/2013, 10:19 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Cox_Report_controversy

Thanks for sharing that. I read the whole page and it educated me about the particulars of how this all went down. It is almost a textbook presentation for how NOT to do the executive branch of government. And how the intelligence agencies can be so incompetent (very similiar to the role they played in the leadup to the Iraq War).
And yes, even though it's making a case for Berger being the idiot, the fact is that it happened on Clinton's watch, Berger was an employee of Clinton, and the buck stops with Clinton.
And yes this is a mark against the Democrat president and the republican congress did not contribute to it and actually was instrumental in blowing the whistle on it.

But my point was, that if you go find a "similiar" timeline for the leadup to establishment of PNTR (permanent normalization of trade relations) with China and the 1999 China Trade Agreement, you will discover the politics were very different. You will learn that the Democrat in the White House AND the republicans in the republican controlled congress were EQUALLY responsible for it.

You may have noticed that I'm not a cheerleader for democrats or republicans either one. And I get called a "fence-sitter" for it. And Sal even attributes me not taking one side or the other to "being spineless".
Democrats criticize me for it. And republicans criticize me for it too.
And when I don't take the position that the republicans can do no wrong, then markle even says that makes me a "far-left liberal progressive". lol

But since it's BOTH democrats AND republicans fucking up the country, then why in the fuck would I want to be a cheerleader for one or the other?
To do that would be the "spineless" thing to do. That's what wrastling fans do at a fucking wrastling match.

Last edited by Bob on 3/31/2013, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

155I'm impressed... - Page 7 Empty Re: I'm impressed... 3/31/2013, 10:24 am

I agee Bob... I must be a fence sitter too cause I don't feel represented by either party and criticize both. I'm just an American.

156I'm impressed... - Page 7 Empty Re: I'm impressed... 3/31/2013, 10:43 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's not a dictatorship in the conventional sense. But it's by god the next thing to it.

Because of the monumental amount of money required to challenge the Democrats and Republicans, and because the media (and that goes for both the fox news/talk radio republican mouthpiece media AND the
"mainstream" democrat mouthpiece media) is so content with having a democrat/republican country which excludes anything else, we really have no other choices. And when you limit the choices to these two narrow-minded destructive alternatives, that constitutes a dictatorship in practice if not in name.

And the result is we now have a government which is truly nothing more than these two factions in utter stalement and engaged in an endless war of words which accomplishes flat nothing for our country. While the career politicians in both parties are primarily interested in personally maintaining power and influence and wealth for themselves. AND for whichever special interests they can cater to to keep them re-elected.

157I'm impressed... - Page 7 Empty Re: I'm impressed... 3/31/2013, 1:28 pm

Bob wrote:It's not a dictatorship in the conventional sense. But it's by god the next thing to it.

Because of the monumental amount of money required to challenge the Democrats and Republicans, and because the media (and that goes for both the fox news/talk radio republican mouthpiece media AND the
"mainstream" democrat mouthpiece media) is so content with having a democrat/republican country which excludes anything else, we really have no other choices. And when you limit the choices to these two narrow-minded destructive alternatives, that constitutes a dictatorship in practice if not in name.

And the result is we now have a government which is truly nothing more than these two factions in utter stalement and engaged in an endless war of words which accomplishes flat nothing for our country. While the career politicians in both parties are primarily interested in personally maintaining power and influence and wealth for themselves. AND for whichever special interests they can cater to to keep them re-elected.

Looks like Ive become a fence sitter too. I still lean right. but a fence sitter I must be. cyclops

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum